FPS in garage unusable

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

CBelezz #1 Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
  • [XCOM3] XCOM3
my computer can play WoT without any issue at around 40 FPS on setting optimised between medium and maximum.
but when i start the WoW client it takes forever to load, and when it does i have like 2 fps is the garage, and it takes 5 seconds for the client to register any actions i do, when i changed all the settings to the absolute minimun but still no luck
when i get in a game i have between 1 and 3 fps
the following information is from "can you run it"
CPU Speed
CPU Speed
Minimum: 2.2 GHz
You Have: 2.6 GHz Performance Rated at: 4.94 GHz
RAM
RAM
Minimum: 2 GB
You Have: 8.1 GB
OS
OS
Minimum: Windows XP/Vista/7
You Have: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Edition (build 9200), 64-bit
WindowsClick here for the latest Windows drivers.
Video Card
Video Card
Minimum: GeForce 8600GT or ATI HD 2600 with 256 MB
You Have: AMD Radeon HD 7500M/7600M Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.3)
Video CardClick here for the latest Video Card drivers.
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
  Required  You Have
Icon  Pixel Shader version  3.0  5.0
Icon  Vertex Shader version  3.0  5.0
Icon  Dedicated Video RAM  256 MB  1.0 GB

Edited by CBelezz, 03 November 2013 - 06:40 PM.

INCISION #2 Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles
OP, you're not that much above minimum requirements for the game.  Windows 8 could also be affecting your performance as well.  Just a reminder, this is not WOT, so your settings should be lowered to the lowest possible settings considering your situation.  If it does not improve, submit a ticket to WG support.  Good Luck!

Mercsn #3 Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2601 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
My guess is along the line Incision suggested.   If you have not already,  download the 13.9 driver from amd.  This is their first WHQL certified driver for win 8 and includes support for mobility GPUs.  

Since you are playing from a laptop, that opens a huge can of worms for trouble shooting as nothing is standard.  You might need to upgrade you VBIOS or system bios depending on the age of your system (eespecially if win8 is newer than the laptop). Both of these are a pain and attempting either could turn your laptop into a brick/ paperweight.

I play with an ati 5870 just fine, but while older,  this vid card has more of what games want than a 7500 series card which is fairly low end.

Also, as incision pointed out, wowp is not wot.  It's not developed by the same studio and while using the same game engine,  it has a different graphics routine.

Also if your laptop has any graphics switching scheme to save power,  you'll need to figure out how to de-activate that so that the laptop won't revert to the onboard shared gpu.  Double check your power saver settings and disable any "eco-anything".

Send in a ticket with your dxdiag file and see if wg tech can help.  Start with the 13.9 driver though.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users