Lesson 2 doesn't count

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

TheTimber_Wolf #1 Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Airman Basic

• 34 battles
  • [B_T] B_T
I destroyed the 2nd airplane and the program didn't even count it.
It just took me 30 minutes to kill the first one.
and 30 to kill the 2nd one.
I don't want to play another hour just to see again that the game doesn't restister it.

Bandet #2 Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Honestly if it took you 30 minutes to kill it, it really shouldn't count.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

FreeFOXMIKE #3 Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 4244 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View PostTXmen, on 29 October 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

I destroyed the 2nd airplane and the program didn't even count it.
It just took me 30 minutes to kill the first one.
and 30 to kill the 2nd one.
I don't want to play another hour just to see again that the game doesn't restister it.
go try the training rooms and practice you can set up how many planes to have place them on the opposing side and fight them , you can even invite friends to your side to help. ( note currently you do get charged for items just like in a full on battle.) but going at T-1 tier 1 you get no charges .
and dont worry about the time you will get better,many thing can influence you first times,.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

TheTimber_Wolf #4 Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

Airman Basic

• 34 battles
  • [B_T] B_T
It doesn't matter how long it takes as this must be a bug.
And I might just go back to my E75 as they don't have these bugs in the ground baed forces.

CrayolaCrayon #5 Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
The tutorial is completely optional. If you don't want to play it again then don't. Play in a training room with 29 bots and get some experience or you could start playing in the real game and you can back to the tutorial later. I know it gives you a bit of tokens but you still have two weeks to go back and do it. I'm going to redo the tutorial to see why new people keep saying it's so hard.

rev01ution #6 Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostCrayolaCrayon, on 29 October 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

The tutorial is completely optional. If you don't want to play it again then don't. Play in a training room with 29 bots and get some experience or you could start playing in the real game and you can back to the tutorial later. I know it gives you a bit of tokens but you still have two weeks to go back and do it. I'm going to redo the tutorial to see why new people keep saying it's so hard.
It's not hard. They simplified the tutorial in the last patch.

NathanFlightLeader #7 Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

View PostTXmen, on 29 October 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

And I might just go back to my E75 as they don't have these bugs in the ground baed forces.

Remember, WoT isn't in Beta, this is! Expect a few bugs now and again. And if you joined right now you are a Beta Tester, which means you are supposed to be testing for these bugs. If you come across one and then just leave because you don't like all the bugs, wait until release before you start playing. A game still in Open Beta isn't going to be completely flawless.
"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" And "Oh S...!"
"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

CrayolaCrayon #8 Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Do have any experience in arcade air combat games? I redid the tutorials and in my eyes I can't see how it could of taken you an hour to kill two of the planes.

Panzer_Leader_3 #9 Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostTXmen, on 29 October 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

E75? Very meh for me. I like the E50M and the Panther as well as a T57 Heavy. URBAD@TANKS!

If you see a Panzer flying a 109, you are probably already dead.-Me.
Normal expression of my enemies: --___--
Antigravity Squirrel reprograms your face.
#DontDissTanksFlyingPlanes

mizer67 #10 Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostCrayolaCrayon, on 29 October 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

Do have any experience in arcade air combat games? I redid the tutorials and in my eyes I can't see how it could of taken you an hour to kill two of the planes.

The "new" standard 0.4.1-like or "vector" mouse controls now are hard to master, IMO. I could never get the hang of them when I tried them in a training room.

I started WoWP when the "locked on horizon" mouse controls were the "standard" set up and I think they're easier for new players, minus the wonky camera flips.

As good as the mouse controls can be now, they're still a main reason why I think new players will be discouraged and quit before giving the game a fair chance.

Also, you'll laugh, but I hadn't flown a flight simulator in many years and had always flown with a stick. So, to fly WoWP I bought a Logitec 3D Extreme joystick and couldn't figure out why the throttle kept saying 0%. I would try to fly in the tutorial with the joystick and stall repeatedly after I ran out of boost.

It took me a while to figure out that the throttle was actually on the magical 6th axis at the base of the joystick. Never had one of those on my old sticks. Probably would've helped to have read the instruction manual first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users