bombs attack general killer hunter ground premium

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

losttwo #1 Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Recently I have been playing the IL-2 ( mod ) as a hunter killer tier V aircraft. I did away with the bomb rack to improve performance and rely on rockets.
Interestingly enough this somewhat works well for this Attack Plane. After playing Pacific map and National Park maps for some time they have become somewhat predictable in where the enemy attack aircraft will approach to get HQ. This is why I decided to dismount the bomb rack. With this planes improved performance you can basically wait or somewhat hunt the enemy attackers and take them out with guns or rockets. Destroying enemy HQ of course is key to winning but so is base defense. I have not perfect my rocket skill yet but am improving as well as working at improving this tactic. So far it seems to work well in some games to achieve 1 to 3 kills. Hanging close and circling low at HQ gives you the advantage of surprise on the incoming enemy. Most games it is a toss up between who gets the HQ kill and ordinance sometimes gets wasted in the race. This way you kill any attackers coming in and if you have rockets left then go for the ground targets or even a few fighters that may try to pop up. Remember however to stay low and use terrain to your advantage.

SkyWolf__WM #2 Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9555 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
It is a decent aircraft and lots of fun BUT... it needs to do some GA. That's what it's for.
I once had 6 of these guys in one flight. They killed ONE GA and got 2 Air kills.
We lost.
Oh and I fixed the neg rep.

Edited by SkyWolf__WM, 28 October 2013 - 09:37 PM.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

CharlieBartlett #3 Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
HQ isn't so important as maintaining supremacy. It's NEVER worth the 3 points, just to rush in and die for them. that's +3 to you if you make it, but +1--3 for them who kill our rushing GAs.

There's plenty of GT with which to increase supreme, without ever having to rush the enemy base.

pappabear #4 Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

Community Noob

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 28 October 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

It is a decent aircraft and lots of fun BUT... it needs to do some GA. That's what it's for.
I once had 6 of these guys in one flight. They killed ONE GA and got 2 Air kills.
We lost.
Oh and I fixed the neg rep.

But the only reason i play the thing is to hear players cry because i'm fighting with the thing.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Ekidutu #5 Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
The problem Skywolf, is that few fighters are willing to protect the GAs. I've shot fighters off many fighters' tails ( sometime I get kills often I just get them to target me instead.)  I've seldom had a fighter return the favor. I really get tired of getting shot down and then finding fighters in other parts of the battlefield attacking ground targets and getting damaged by flak until one by one the enemy picks them off.

SkyWolf__WM #6 Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9555 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postpappabear, on 29 October 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

But the only reason i play the thing is to hear players cry because i'm fighting with the thing.

Yeah... but you CAN do it.
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Nihtwaco #7 Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:55 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 488 battles
  • [DSA] DSA

Peel the Onion, hit AA first sweep then loop around and take the soft stuff out your fighters have not finished. You can damage soft targets but watch the gun heat. Only bomb AA. Each map offers a different problem which also depends on your start point. By Clearing AA you improve your fighters manuver area. Killing GA on the way in helps keep your AA up and running. Just a good solid burst and keep going main point is to draw your fighters along behind you keeping the defensive air off you.

Also tagged with bombs, attack, general, killer, hunter, ground, premium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users