Huge packet loss

Packet Loss umplayable

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Verakum #1 Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
This is my first time playing and I can't I am getting huge packets losses and I assume because we are still in beta, I play like 5-6 MMOs and I have even played World of Tanks and I don't get a single packet loss.

So in short I wonder if other players are getting this packet loss ingame. or if this is a beta known issue?

DrSinister #2 Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Nope, have not gotten any packet loss in a long time and when I had packet loss, it was maybe 4-5 times since I have been here (since June 2012).  Only time I had severe packet loss was when Hurricane Sandy showed up on the east coast.

The WoWp server is in DC area.

MrGuvernment #3 Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-FTA-] -FTA-
just because you dont get packet loss in other games doesnt mean you wont get packet loss in some games.

Packet loss is next to impossible to pin point really, could be you, could be ISP, could be the game servers. If the majority of people do not get packet loss, the issues is likely outside the game , as in providers / routing between you and the game servers.

Now you could try lowering your video settings, as very low end systems could struggle with the game and in the end, will not process the incoming data as fast as it needs to

Verakum #4 Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

View PostMrGuvernment, on 27 October 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

just because you dont get packet loss in other games doesnt mean you wont get packet loss in some games.

Packet loss is next to impossible to pin point really, could be you, could be ISP, could be the game servers. If the majority of people do not get packet loss, the issues is likely outside the game , as in providers / routing between you and the game servers.

Now you could try lowering your video settings, as very low end systems could struggle with the game and in the end, will not process the incoming data as fast as it needs to

I will lower down my graphics but I completely doubt it is caused by this.... I can play games with ultra setting and more... I bought the recently released Intel 4700K CPU and the Geforce 760 Video card + a SSD  so I doubt the issue is regarding my system... and I am having the same issue here together with World of Tanks,  I mean both games show the same packet loss and huge lag issues, there are a ton of people (me included) reporting huge constant lag in World of tanks

I will check the game tonight again and let you all know

panzerabuser #5 Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostVerakum, on 28 October 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

I will lower down my graphics but I completely doubt it is caused by this.... I can play games with ultra setting and more... I bought the recently released Intel 4700K CPU and the Geforce 760 Video card + a SSD  so I doubt the issue is regarding my system... and I am having the same issue here together with World of Tanks,  I mean both games show the same packet loss and huge lag issues, there are a ton of people (me included) reporting huge constant lag in World of tanks

I will check the game tonight again and let you all know

TELIA.NET

go to the WG support page and read through the FAQ as a start, then google "TELIA.NET WoT" and read the endless list of headaches documented in the WoT NA forum.

use a wired connection between your pc and your router/modem

losttwo #6 Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 49 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
I have a 4GB Verizon WiFi, The only time I get packet loss is when my Fiance turns her computer on and accesses the internet. The reason is because her computer is trying to send and receive on the same signal making the PING rate increase. Instead of information transferring at 20-50 milli seconds it jumps to 3k milli- seconds. In turn frame rate decreases as well due to lack of information speed.

Verakum #7 Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

View Postpanzerabuser, on 28 October 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

TELIA.NET

go to the WG support page and read through the FAQ as a start, then google "TELIA.NET WoT" and read the endless list of headaches documented in the WoT NA forum.

use a wired connection between your pc and your router/modem

I always use a wired connection... and I have done TracerRT to the servers of WoT and I get 0 packet loss and about 50ms... even so I get 999ms and what not about packet loss...

I have read all the lag info on WoT cuz I also play it.. and I can see it is probably caused on the ISP of the servers... I wonder if they have said anythng about changing them...

View Postlosttwo, on 28 October 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

I have a 4GB Verizon WiFi, The only time I get packet loss is when my Fiance turns her computer on and accesses the internet. The reason is because her computer is trying to send and receive on the same signal making the PING rate increase. Instead of information transferring at 20-50 milli seconds it jumps to 3k milli- seconds. In turn frame rate decreases as well due to lack of information speed.

The only person using the net when I play is me.. I play wow and had bad experiences when raiding and some other people also gets online :P so when I play I play alone.. (a rule at home xD)

Haswell #8 Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Alpha tester
  • 125 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO
https://na.wargaming...se-ping-plotter

Please post your results of a PingPlotter test following the instructions in the above support article. While the traceroute command can be useful for roughly determining your network connectivity and average latency, it is by no means a reliable indicator for dropped packets in transit since only 3 packets are exchanged for each hop in the connection.

WoWP Supertest Coordinator (NA Region) - Volunteer

Verakum #9 Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

View PostHaswell, on 29 October 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

https://na.wargaming...se-ping-plotter

Please post your results of a PingPlotter test following the instructions in the above support article. While the traceroute command can be useful for roughly determining your network connectivity and average latency, it is by no means a reliable indicator for dropped packets in transit since only 3 packets are exchanged for each hop in the connection.

Thanks I will be checking that tonight.. I will update this post with the info...  again thanks for the support from the community...

Also tagged with Packet, Loss, umplayable

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users