l16 (Late)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Dirizon #1 Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I have a question concerning l16 (L) and its armament, that probably should be a recommendation for the plane.

It seems that I16 (L) first upgrade towards armament, the 12.7mm UBS, is under -wing weapons- which replace the 2x7.62mm S h k as. The interesting thing I'd like to point out though, is when fitted the 12.7mm is a single gun, which means as wing weapons it would be unusual. As it turns out under close inspection, the 12.7mm is actually fitted as a 3rd synchronized machine gun, around the engine cowl of the l16, along with the 2x7.62 the plane starts with as synchronized. It is fitted underneath, while the 7.62s are above. When you upgrade the plane further to its elite 2Omm cannons, they again appear on the wings replacing the stock 7.62s.

Recommendation? Why not have the 12.7mm UBS as a synchronized machine gun upgrade for the I16, the weapon is obviously placed as such. The tech tree research page should be changed, as it is inaccurate. Kind of silly unlocking wing guns, which are supposed to be 2 guns, and instead you get 1 additional synch machine gun.

l am not sure if this is development oversight, misplacement, or whatever. Just seems weird.

Haswell #2 Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Alpha tester
  • 125 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO
It's intentional, due to historical design. If you really want wing-mounted 12.7mm guns, fly the I-16 Early.

WoWP Supertest Coordinator (NA Region) - Volunteer

Dirizon #3 Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
That is missing the point. The weapons should not be in the -wing- tech tree, if they are synchronized mounting. Where is the sense in that.

Haswell #4 Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Alpha tester
  • 125 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO
Fair enough, I suppose the fuselage-mounted UBS gun can be reclassified as a synchronized gun, assuming technical difficulties not withstanding.

WoWP Supertest Coordinator (NA Region) - Volunteer

PressureLine #5 Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [FTE] FTE
I think its because if they added a second sync slot, and had: nothing => 12.7mm UBS as the branch for it, there would be no way to make it so that you cant have the ShKAS's or ShVAK's in the wings at the same time, which could lead to in-game balance issues (iow the I-16(l) would then have to be made to suck in some other way to compensate for the increased DPS)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users