• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1314 replies to this topic

Fats4350 #41 Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostMort, on 01 March 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

Nice to meet you too, Lightspur. :Smile_honoring:

I don't see why that would be necessary. While it's not like they're callous or anything, I doubt it would matter a whole lot to them. :Smile_hiding: I'm sure you guys have got your reasons though.

Hi Mort.  Ditto from our other DF members. I am always a few fries short of something. But we DF pilots are pretty darn good dogfighters and will worthy of elite status here in no time!!!! Most will not know of us or our accomplishments at DFsquadron, but they soon will :-) The group here are outstanding pilots.... You heard it here first.

"There is an art to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

{The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy}

Fats4350 #42 Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostDarkSkies, on 01 March 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

Thanks for starting this thread Lightspur and for letting me know about it Fats.  Have any of us refugees heard back on alpha testing?  Not a peep here.

My pleasure. Not as of yet for me.. But only been a couple of days.. Other posts in other threads indicate there are a lot (by alot I mean potentially thousands and thousands) of applicants. One thread interviewed some Mod and it suggested they might accept a huge percentage.  But I have not heard yet... hope I get in.

Fats.

"There is an art to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Fats4350 #43 Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View Postbbqguy, on 01 March 2012 - 06:12 AM, said:

HAS to be a bar here somewhere.  What we need is a bartender, who got sacked at the last bar... offer em' a job here, btw I'll have 2 fingers of Makers, water back.  Hopefully DaChef is gonna swing by too...

Sooo... lets see, that's got planes, alcohol and food covered... what more do ya need?  

Possibly some companionship... but all we can bring with us is a friendly lesbian and a guy named Angela.  Slim pickins!

Hey, I brought some 12 year old scotch. Anyone have glasses?

Fats4350 #44 Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostLightspur, on 01 March 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

Hi and glad you found us - to my DF friends, Cpt_K_J, Dune & Mort, nice to meet you guys...Dune thx for the welcome!  
As Rex said, we are all a bunch of ex pats from another air combat game. Pretty good group of misfit online pilots, gamers, real world warriors, some techies to explain stuff, and general riff raff from the RW.

Fats, thx for post the link over at DF (lets See how long it takes the mods to find it).  I posted in a thread over there that I was starting at chat room "at the other site", so maybe between the 2 posts we can get some more of our ace fliers over here.

Now we need someone to contact Deadmeat & DaChef so we can open the Pub!!!

...Got a bit of a smile seeing "Airman Basic" next to all these feared DF elite aces nicks!!!

Hey Lightspur... they took down my link posts to this forum thread after one day so not sure how many others may have seen it. They were pretty dilligent!  I suspect they fear a on-slaught of migrations to this forum and game.  Well, they have no one to blame but themselves LOL.  I agree would should try and get deadman and dachef over here. I have a bottle of 12 year old scotch I've been saving for a special occasion.. this is as good an occasion as I can think of !!!!! Yeah.

Fats.

Dunewarrior #45 Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 3 battles

View PostSleepyjo2, on 01 March 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

I read the title and thought someone made a post about Dwarf Fortress... I was obviously confused.

Welcome, btw!

That was my first reaction too! I was so excited to see Dwarf Fortress players here, then I continued reading and got the general impression that they weren't playing an ASCII game...

Made by RexTheMex

RexTheMex #46 Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostDunewarrior, on 01 March 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

That was my first reaction too! I was so excited to see Dwarf Fortress players here, then I continued reading and got the general impression that they weren't playing an ASCII game...
  :Smile_teethhappy: Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Thats messed up!  :Smile_veryhappy:
Check my Shop and give a request :D , D' Lame Shop

bbqguy #47 Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postemptywisher, on 01 March 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

Guess we have to let WAMD in then

I'm not sure ol WAMD will be all that happy with the number of folks that are lining up to max out their birds.  I can already hear the rant in my head.  

I recon that Zombie and Alamehu wouldn't do real well here either.  If they'll kick your tail for just talking about the game, I imagine they're not too keen on traitors ruining the game either.
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things

Fats4350 #48 Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View Postbbqguy, on 01 March 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

I'm not sure ol WAMD will be all that happy with the number of folks that are lining up to max out their birds.  I can already hear the rant in my head.  

I recon that Zombie and Alamehu wouldn't do real well here either.  If they'll kick your tail for just talking about the game, I imagine they're not too keen on traitors ruining the game either.

I sent WAMD an invite to join us here.. we'll have to see where his loyalties lie LOL

bbqguy #49 Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostFats4350, on 01 March 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

I sent WAMD an invite to join us here.. we'll have to see where his loyalties lie LOL

I saw you all over the MC forum.  I'm fairly certain you've invited EVERYONE there.  We need Bowmaster and the Meatman here too.  Hope they come.
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things

Remi_82 #50 Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostMikhailBakunin, on 01 March 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

Greetings to one and all from yet another "Airman Basic". Again - very nice to see you here, both the DF elites and the obviously bright and crafty natives. I am really looking forward, etc. etc., up there, among the seagulls, etc... (Upon which I'll be seeing ye, what, in your parachutes, I s'pose. :Smile_smile: )

Two points/questions, though:

1. RE the mods: didn't I tell you that they would shred the retirement post on the DF forum?!? Why, oh, why? What line was crossed there?

2. It seems to me that most of you will be on the North American server. Thus, I feel that competition will be a bit more challenging. Now, since I am in Europe, and would really like to enjoy our games (rather than keep on wasting noobs), will I be able to log onto said server and play with no major problems?

Och, finally, Red-Baron, why did you get the ban? I am in the dark here.

Because I was too nice to everyone ... I know , it's BS.

I got this reason from the moderator

You have been banned for the following reason:
Alternate accounts are not allowed on the forum Remi 82

remi-82 got banned because
in early january some guy pretending to a be a girl ( dog fight name angela ) got into a jerry springer fight on the forum with another girl Kyli.  
So being the nice guy that i am , i gave my opinion about the guy pretending to be angela and i got banned.

I made red-baron and i lasted like a month on there.  
I think one of the moderators doesn't like people making good changes
( like me giving suggestions to BowMaster so he can give them to Miss Morris , on how to improve the game )

Ah well ,
I'm here now with my good friends from Dog Fight and that's all that matters to me.
Also , the game seems very fun to play. I have watched a few videos on youtube :)

Fats4350 #51 Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostMort, on 01 March 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:

I tried that game, a couple weeks ago actually. After about two games, I had had enough. :Smile_sceptic:

Yeah, without all the tricked out upgrades, weapons, engines and plane improvements, you would have been "sitting duck" for most Elites. Not always a good introduction to what was possible there. But those of us that achieved that elite status, we had some pretty ferce and awesome battles, both air combat and base defense. It was fast, stealthed at times, and dirty warefare. Only the best survived. The rest died like the dogs they were.

RexTheMex #52 Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostFats4350, on 01 March 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

I sent one to Jo, hope he comes, and WAMD is a good guy I think he'll like this game :) Plus

IM ROCKING THIS NEW FORUM!!

- NEW AVY
-NEW SIG!!
Check my Shop and give a request :D , D' Lame Shop

Fats4350 #53 Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View Postbbqguy, on 01 March 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

I saw you all over the MC forum.  I'm fairly certain you've invited EVERYONE there.  We need Bowmaster and the Meatman here too.  Hope they come.

Yeah, that's me... thought I'd do some personal invitations LOL. The mods there have been taking out the links I posted directing DF members here to this forum so... I took a more direct approach and contacted everyone directly LOL.  I specifically invited Bowmaster and Meatman too.  Looks like we have the makings of an outstanding Clan!!!

Galactic_Ooze #54 Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Hello fellow DF'ers.  I haven't heard anything yet, guess they are saving the best for last.  :Smile_amazed:

GuybrushThreepwood #55 Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Engine started if someone could remove the chocks so \I can take off it would be much appreciated!!
Thanks for the link darkskies, I knew about this but didn't know testing was starting so hopefully I will get in.

Fats4350 #56 Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostGalactic_Ooze, on 01 March 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

Hello fellow DF'ers.  I haven't heard anything yet, guess they are saving the best for last.  :Smile_amazed:

He Ooze,
Welcome and glad to see you found us. We are all waiting too... some more patiently than others  :Smile_izmena:

Fats

MikhailBakunin #57 Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2782 battles
LOL, Fats, your subversion on the DF forum is brilliant. You must have at least 250 fingers. I think the MC people are pretty stunned, if not enraged.

Red-Baron: I really did not know and was quite surprised to see someone so well-mannered getting the pink slip. Oh, well, their loss, methinks.

Blimey, this ex-DFers' colony is swelling. A good few clans could easily be made (or maybe not, cos it would not be too fair to others).
DIY not EMI

Remi_82 #58 Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I just want to thank everyone who has welcomed us ( meaning us dog fighters from another site )

You made us feel at home and for that I thank you on behave of all us :)

Also , I have to give a lot of credit to Fats for posting a lot of messages on the Dog Fight forum , inviting people to come join us.

MikhailBakunin #59 Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2782 battles
Remi_82/Red-Baron is quite right. Fats should be given a fully tricked Me-262 instantly for what he's done for this game today. I am not kidding, mind.
DIY not EMI

landkreuzer #60 Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Oh dogfighter i thought you ment dwarf fortress

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users