29 replies to this topic

PressureLine #1 Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [FTE] FTE
Hello Pilots!

We want to hear your feedback on the categories below:

Battles played - How many games have you flown in this plane?

Plane balance - please explain why you think this plane is overpowered, underpowered, or balanced. Give specific reasoning like firepower, turn rates, climb speed, etc., that contribute to the planes balance.

Historical accuracy - please note any specific characteristics that make this plane unique historically and what things may be missing from that would better reflect the capabilities of the plane.

Power curve - How does the plane feel stock vs. fully upgraded?

Adjustment recommendations - Explain any recommendations you have to balance this plane and why.

Additional notes - Anything else you have to say about this plane that doesn’t fit in another section above. Include any tactics or uses that may have been overlooked by other players.
Cheers!

PressureLine #2 Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [FTE] FTE
Battles played: 49 (200+ GT kills)

Plane balance:
Flight Characteristics: Meh, its a tier II attack plane. Its essentially the same as flying the TSh-2.

Firepower: Seriously meh. Pre 0.5.3 where it shared matchmaking with Tier I planes, I never had a problem killing any GT in a single pass. Now the only thing killable in a single pass are the 450hp AA guns. What's seriously lacking is forward firepower.
Stock TSh-2 has 6x21dps guns, for a total of 126dps, and fully upgraded that jumps to a whopping 210dps (the only thing at tier II that comes even close is the 0.5.3 Ao 192, at 196dps) The Pegasus has a single 70dps machinegun that overheats rather quickly, while doing a little over 1/2 the dps of a *stock* TSh-2 or 1/3 of a fully upgraded one (An I-15 does 84 dps, and can mount two 450 damage rockets Imo the I-15 is arguably a getter choice for GT killing than the Pegasus). Lacking a rear gunner means you can choose to use your bombs on 2 GT's (not enough damage to one-hit KO a tier II-III HQ, where ~50% of your battles will be) or save them for self-defence, which means to make a real contribution to your team, you're gonna have to gun it.

Historical accuracy: A quick look on the RAM tells me its pretty much spot on. Bombs are a little on the light side (It was supposed to carry either 2x250kg or 1x500kg bombs)

Power curve: N/A it's a premium.

Adjustment recommendations: Either another machinegun in front, or special matchmaking that effectively makes it a tier I (ie only ever sees tier I-2 battles)

Additional notes: Used to be fun to fly, isn't anymore. Farewell Pegasus, my friend *sniff*

FreeFOXMIKE #3 Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 5089 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

General characteristics
Crew: 1
Length: 8.72 m (28 ft 7 in)
Wingspan: 16.63 m (54 ft 7 in)
Wing area: 26.6 m2 (286 sq ft)
Gross weight: 2,150 kg (4,740 lb)
Powerplant: 2 × Shvetsov M-11F 5-cylinder air-cooled radial engine, 100 kW (140 hp) each
Performance
Maximum speed: 172 km/h (107 mph; 93 kn) at sea level
Range: 600 km (373 mi; 324 nmi)
Service ceiling: 2,620 m (8,596 ft)
Time to altitude: 3.5 min to 1,000 m (3,300 ft)
Armament
1 12.7 mm Berezin UBK machine gun and
2 23 mm Volkov-Yartsev VYa-23 cannon or
500 kg (1,100 lb) bombs

that said

Battles played -
only have my EU recent stats
20 battles
50% win
10 aircraft kills
62 ground kills

Plane balance -
I feel its fine it realy the only low tier GT assault AC
Historical accuracy -
lacking the added "punch" i could have (firepower)

Power curve - what you see is what you get no mod ao additions

Adjustment recommendations -
make addition bomb load options to show all it could carry

Additional notes

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

NathanFlightLeader #4 Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
Battles played: 93 (53% win, 28% survived, 39 aircraft destroyed, 405 GT destroyed)

Plane Balance: The plane was really well balanced before the 0.5.3 update. But now it doesn't have the firepower to damage GT or planes in tier 2-3 battles and its manuevrability make it very difficult to shake an opponent. And with the bomb changes its near impossible to bomb kill making it really underpowered in matches.

Historical Accuracy: Looking at the armament it looks like it could have more forward firing guns, which would improve the planes ability to attack GT's at the current tiers it gets placed in.

Power curve: None.

Adjustment recommendations: Like PressureLine said, add another forward firing weapon or drop it back down to tier 1-2 battles. It can't fight how it is now.

Additional notes: I used to really enjoy flying this plane, but right now I can't stand to be in it. It was a great plane and always will be but I don't think I would fly it often in the future.
"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" And "Oh S...!"
"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

pickles64 #5 Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles
Battles 57......wins 37...losses 20.....battles survived 6............19 planes destroyed....76 ground targets destroyed.......much better before the patch, now kinda useless on GA ....at least 2 passes to destroy GT....starting to use this and the Tsh line more for added firepower against enemy aircraft...... usually getting 4 to 6 planes damaged and 1 to 3 destroyed every match using this tactic....that is if I'm not rammed out of the sky first by token farmers....and yes....I try and avoid it but putt putting along at 110 kph its kind of hard to try and avoid a 500 kph speeding plane coming at you....

Mercsn #6 Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Battles played -  66 with a 67% w/r (44 wins, 22 deafeats, 0 draw) 66 aircraft destroyed/ 18 assists, 177 ground targets, 47% hit ratio, 343 avg xp, 982 max

Plane balance - This plane is now a bad Tsh-2 that removes forward firepower and adds bombs, which are now mostly useless for self defense becuase the plane is fighting higher firepower opponents who can kill it or are smart enough to break off before getting in bomb-kill range (especially with the reworked/nerfed 5.3 fuses).  At teir I, this plane was balanced.  It could attack ground targets successfully with its single .50 cal and the bombs were for defense (it only carries two and this plane won't usually make it to the HQ, alive or in time).  It could defend itself with low altitude flying and bomb killing or by forcing an overshoot.  It could even pop it's nose up to shoot someone off a teamates tail if they were low altitude.  The turn, climb, speed an handling are all typical of GA.  This plane just has nothing to offer in a tier II match.  It's performance is not on par with the tsh-2 which can kill ground targets with it's greater forward firepower and ward off bad shots who linger behind it with a tailgunner.  The bombs are not an asset for killing ground targets becuase it only carries two and the tsh-2's gun firepower is infinite (and as mentioned, the bombs need to be used for self-defense).

Historical accuracy -  As FFM pointed out, the in-game plane is lacking in forward firepower (and potentially) durability for tier II duty.

Power curve -   N/A, premium.

Adjustment recommendations - This plane needs more forward firepower for tier II ground attack, especially considering the over-hitpointed ground targets which are wrecking the GA game across all teirs.  Even with "normal" pre 5.3 ground target hitpoints, this plane would still struggle at tier II with it's low firepower.

Additional notes -  First, this plane is a complete slap in the face to the Open Beta guys who have been informed they will recieve a "gift plane" for their help in testing the game during this phase.  This plane, as it stands, is really just a free garage slot.  I'm not sure why it's kept in the game.  At tier II, with it's current configuration, there is no point to flying one.  It will not even make a good crew trainer becuase it's a terrible ground attacker and it cannot fight in the air.  How are you supposed to make XP with it?  If you can't make XP with it, you're better off training your crew in their IL-x.  

This is a shame becuase this plane was FUN for players who liked GA, pre 5.3.  I did really well with this plane, mostly solo, but it took A LOT of work to make it happen.  This plane had the potential to swing a battle just like any fighter could and really flew like a baby IL-2, but at a slower, lazier tier which was a nice break for players wanting to ground pound without the faster more stressfull pace of tier 5+.  Most of my games in this plane were at tier I.  I've tried to fly it at tier II and it's complete junk.  I do not mean, "oh my favorite plane got a nerf and it's not OP anymore, boo hoo."  I mean:  it's complete junk and not fun to fly nor effective at all in battle.  Fix it, send it back to tier I where it belongs as a quirky, interesting and fun GA, or delete it and come up with something that fits tier II.

Motto recomendation:  At WG, we're taking fun out of the game.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

PressureLine #7 Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [FTE] FTE

View PostMercsn, on 07 October 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

Additional notes -  First, this plane is a complete slap in the face to the Open Beta guys who have been informed they will recieve a "gift plane" for their help in testing the game during this phase.  This plane, as it stands, is really just a free garage slot.  I'm not sure why it's kept in the game.  At tier II, with it's current configuration, there is no point to flying one.  It will not even make a good crew trainer becuase it's a terrible ground attacker and it cannot fight in the air.  How are you supposed to make XP with it?  If you can't make XP with it, you're better off training your crew in their IL-x.  

This is a shame becuase this plane was FUN for players who liked GA, pre 5.3.  I did really well with this plane, mostly solo, but it took A LOT of work to make it happen.  This plane had the potential to swing a battle just like any fighter could and really flew like a baby IL-2, but at a slower, lazier tier which was a nice break for players wanting to ground pound without the faster more stressfull pace of tier 5+.  Most of my games in this plane were at tier I.  I've tried to fly it at tier II and it's complete junk.  I do not mean, "oh my favorite plane got a nerf and it's not OP anymore, boo hoo."  I mean:  it's complete junk and not fun to fly nor effective at all in battle.  Fix it, send it back to tier I where it belongs as a quirky, interesting and fun GA, or delete it and come up with something that fits tier II.

+1

A second MG in the nose would do fine (would pull its DPS up to a respectable 140), would make it slightly more powerful as well as being that little bit faster and more maneuverable than a stock TSh-2 while still being worse than a fully upgraded one (which is generally how premiums work, better than stock, worse than elite) and would make it a viable alternative to flying a TSh-2.

Mercsn #8 Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostPressureLine, on 07 October 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

+1

A second MG in the nose would do fine (would pull its DPS up to a respectable 140), would make it slightly more powerful as well as being that little bit faster and more maneuverable than a stock TSh-2 while still being worse than a fully upgraded one (which is generally how premiums work, better than stock, worse than elite) and would make it a viable alternative to flying a TSh-2.

One thing about the Pegas, "Пегас" in Russian -pronounced "pegas", (c'mon WG, get the name right, nobody likes Pegasus) is that it has a .50 cal.  This weapon out ranges the lower calibur weapons found in tier 1 and 2.  Besides adding to the planes uniqueness, it allowed it to engage ground targets farther out than the tsh-2 it might be competeing with (with a tier 1 &2 hitpoints instead of with tier 3 hitpoints).  This range benefit partly made up for the planes lack of forward punch when dealing with ground targets.  It was also a nice defense mechanism when faced with a plane that wanted to attack you head on as you could start firing sooner than they could.  This "flavor" is gone at tier 3 becuase, as mentioned, the ground targets just have too much HP for this plane to adequately attack.  Further, with the changes to altitude and controlability in the game's flight mechanics, fighting this plane air-to-air just won't work now, especially at tier 3 where everything is faster and shoots harder.

This plane is ugly and neat to fly.  I really hope they drop it down a teir or balance it for tier II so that I can take it out of the hangar without hurting my team and frustrating myself.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

PressureLine #9 Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:49 AM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [FTE] FTE
And thats not even mentioning that virtually every tier III can have .50 cals (note the plural) and some can be packing 20mm cannons (and the US tier ii's have .50's too) then theres you pootling along in a GA plane with less dps than a stock I-15 and your higher HP level means it just takes you a little longer to die.

View PostMercsn, on 07 October 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

This plane is ugly and neat to fly. I really hope they drop it down a teir or balance it for tier II so that I can take it out of the hangar without hurting my team and frustrating myself.

+1! Right now flying your pegas means you are actually hurting your team's chances to win. It's *that* bad. Pre-0.5.3 it was a great plane (50 battles, 200+ GT kills, 64% winrate) but now it just languishes in my hangar, its not worth taking out.

tanky_the_tank #10 Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Can't dogfight enemies, can't race away, can't kill ground targets fast enough when it gets that far, it's tough to survive very long and tougher to do enough dmg when you survive.

View Post Traurig_Yoda, on 14 March 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

another ridiculous remark by TtT.

Cruiser_Katori #11 Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [KNTAI] KNTAI

View PostMercsn, on 07 October 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

Battles played -  66 with a 67% w/r (44 wins, 22 deafeats, 0 draw) 66 aircraft destroyed/ 18 assists, 177 ground targets, 47% hit ratio, 343 avg xp, 982 max

Plane balance - This plane is now a bad Tsh-2 that removes forward firepower and adds bombs, which are now mostly useless for self defense becuase the plane is fighting higher firepower opponents who can kill it or are smart enough to break off before getting in bomb-kill range (especially with the reworked/nerfed 5.3 fuses).  At teir I, this plane was balanced.  It could attack ground targets successfully with its single .50 cal and the bombs were for defense (it only carries two and this plane won't usually make it to the HQ, alive or in time).  It could defend itself with low altitude flying and bomb killing or by forcing an overshoot.  It could even pop it's nose up to shoot someone off a teamates tail if they were low altitude.  The turn, climb, speed an handling are all typical of GA.  This plane just has nothing to offer in a tier II match.  It's performance is not on par with the tsh-2 which can kill ground targets with it's greater forward firepower and ward off bad shots who linger behind it with a tailgunner.  The bombs are not an asset for killing ground targets becuase it only carries two and the tsh-2's gun firepower is infinite (and as mentioned, the bombs need to be used for self-defense).

Historical accuracy -  As FFM pointed out, the in-game plane is lacking in forward firepower (and potentially) durability for tier II duty.

Power curve -   N/A, premium.

Adjustment recommendations - This plane needs more forward firepower for tier II ground attack, especially considering the over-hitpointed ground targets which are wrecking the GA game across all teirs.  Even with "normal" pre 5.3 ground target hitpoints, this plane would still struggle at tier II with it's low firepower.

Motto recomendation:  At WG, we're taking fun out of the game.
This covers everything.... And it SHOULD be Pegas, NOT Pegasus....

Save the Skywhales (that includes the Skorcas)!!!

Less RNG, More skill: Revert to 4.1 TODAY!!!

SkyWolf__WM #12 Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:48 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9093 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
It sux now.
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Ekidutu #13 Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
47 missions

Was fun and capable is now essentially a tk as it takes up a slot that could be filled by a useful aircraft.

DrClone #14 Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 21 battles
I'll keep it simple:

70% Win-rate, 46 battles and 183 ground targets destroyed.

It used to be good at destroying ground targets, but it is no longer good anymore. It is weaker, my weapon overheats when the ground target at tier 3 battle are around 30-40% of health left from 100%.

In pre-patch or in earlier days, I could easily destroy ground targets in one pass...now I can't.

tanky_the_tank #15 Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Tried tier 3 match after update, 2 bombs and sustained guns couldn't take out hq. I dunno what this plane is good for.

If it was OP at tier 1 because of superiority, why didn't they make tier 1 ground targets weaker so fighters could catch up to runaway ga kills?

View Post Traurig_Yoda, on 14 March 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

another ridiculous remark by TtT.

F50ACE #16 Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

Boom'N'Zoom rights activist

• Community Ace
  • 8 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO

View Posttanky_the_tank, on 18 October 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

Tried tier 3 match after update, 2 bombs and sustained guns couldn't take out hq. I dunno what this plane is good for.

If it was OP at tier 1 because of superiority, why didn't they make tier 1 ground targets weaker so fighters could catch up to runaway ga kills?
Fighters can, but it takes several passes.

GoodGameXXX #17 Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I'll try flying these planes in pub matches seriously, but my memory of these was they were fun to have in training rooms on both teams, as kind of a zombie swarm.  They were kind of effective en masse as rammers.  :teethhappy:

F50ACE #18 Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

Boom'N'Zoom rights activist

• Community Ace
  • 8 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO

View PostGoodGameXXX, on 18 October 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

I'll try flying these planes in pub matches seriously, but my memory of these was they were fun to have in training rooms on both teams, as kind of a zombie swarm.  They were kind of effective en masse as rammers.  :teethhappy:
Avoid the furballs, and go Boom'n'Zoom.

Xarlanna15 #19 Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
Had enuff of the frustration and hurting my team so I no longer have a Peg.  Was my favorite GA, now using the pilot in the T4 BSH.  Hope something is done with the Peg, perhaps an option to do away with the bombs and go with the alternate all gun configuration.

Tunnel_Snakes_Rule #20 Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [LABS] LABS
It's not much of a consolation, but I just played a match with mine, and as of the latest patch, you can switch out those useless 2 bombs for 9 of the tier 2 rockets, which gives it a little more wiggle room on GT's, as well as 9 chances to 1-hit other GA planes, or anyone dumb enough to head on rush you, which is a lot of people in tier 2-3 matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users