Significant FPS drops after several battles

fps drops

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Wartot #1 Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• 30 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
My average FPS is more then 60, but after several battles when I entered to a new battle my FPS will be around 10-15.

It's happened time to time and I do not know how to reproduce or log(track) this unpleasant event.

Seems like this problem occur more often on map with a lot of smoke / clouds...
I'm kind a new tester but I did not remember that it happened in previous version (0.5.2) of a game...

iron_horse_thunderbolt #2 Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [TFP] TFP
Well, if it's maps with a lot of smoke and clouds, you can start by lowering your settings to low. See if that works. I had an average FPS of 7-10. Lowered detail settings, and now have an average FPS of 20-30.

Try it out. Report back to us with your findings.
"When he sees the enemy, he attacks and kills. Anything else is rubbish."

Manfred Von Richthofen; 1916
Currently have 1 ace: F4F Wildcat. Waiting for the next one.

Bogie_with_Stu #3 Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [K_O_S] K_O_S
Some of the maps have a higher drain on your video resources than others. As stated above, mostly the larger maps with lost of stuff going on.

iron_horse_thunderbolt #4 Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [TFP] TFP
Eastern Front being notorious for this from what I have seen. Pacific Ocean causes me to have an FPS drop too.
"When he sees the enemy, he attacks and kills. Anything else is rubbish."

Manfred Von Richthofen; 1916
Currently have 1 ace: F4F Wildcat. Waiting for the next one.

Aelwulf #5 Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [YUMMY] YUMMY
I just had this crop up as well.  I usually get 60-90 FPS across the board and low enough ping that I don't pay attention to it.  Tonight I'm now hitting 40-50 FPS and at least one 100% packet loss hit per game.  I've never had control-response delays in WoWP before, but tonight I go to shoot or turn and there's a second or two delay.  Anything particular going on this weekend, or a stealth patch server-side I missed the note on?

MrGuvernment #6 Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:28 AM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-FTA-] -FTA-
packet loss can be anything and not even game related but  i would look more to the ISP / your connect / your route to the game servers if your getting alot of packet loss.

Only way it would be WoWP is if their servers are overloaded or someone fubar'd their network

Aelwulf #7 Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:01 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [YUMMY] YUMMY
I'm hoping maybe it's some weird ISP thing, maybe an issue in town.  They usually fix those in a couple of hours.  If not it shouldn't be on my end.  I haven't had any issues with FPS/ping/packet loss since I started in CB until tonight.  Had my first game crash tonight too.
Tried changing graphics settings too just in case.  FPS bumped up to 60ish, even shot up to 112 again briefly on one map.  But ping stayed bad.

FreeFOXMIKE #8 Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 4500 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND
something can cause a FPS drop  is over heating of the vid card
if you have ever over clocked it this can make the  easy targets to over heat some times a quick fix is the have a small personnel fan blow in the back through the open air vent holes. or just tune it off for 10 mins and see if it pick up again.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

MrGuvernment #9 Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:19 AM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-FTA-] -FTA-
I just noticed for me, i have dual monitors and i run WoWP in window mode, as soon as i open same Media player classic and put a movie on, my FPS goes from 40-60 down to 10-25FPS, this is on a AMD 5770 1G card and and Intel i5.

I do not this does not occur with other games, such as team Fortress 2, Civ 5 and such.

Aelwulf #10 Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:26 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [YUMMY] YUMMY
Looks like mine was a 1-day wonder issue.  Either it was a full day for my local ISP or the WoWP server no idea but I'm back down around 100 ping & no loss again.

dhread #11 Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DINO] DINO

View PostAelwulf, on 27 October 2013 - 03:11 AM, said:

I just had this crop up as well.  I usually get 60-90 FPS across the board and low enough ping that I don't pay attention to it.  Tonight I'm now hitting 40-50 FPS and at least one 100% packet loss hit per game.  I've never had control-response delays in WoWP before, but tonight I go to shoot or turn and there's a second or two delay.  Anything particular going on this weekend, or a stealth patch server-side I missed the note on?

I have also experienced this at seemingly random times. I will be experiencing great throughput, and then the game hits a wall of molasses.
The last time this occurred, I checked for running services and applications and pared everything down to minimum.
When I joined the next flight (still experiencing high packet loss, low fps and long control delay), I monitored my machine statistics and everything on my machine reported nominal activity/load.

Once this happens, I've learned to just log off for the night. I don't know if this is a client issue, but it does not appear to be a machine issue.

I WANT MY T-50-2 BACK! :angry: 

(yes I did!)

Also tagged with fps, drops

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users