disk space delete update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

pigeon_kicker #1 Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1599 battles
  • [SF] SF
To all that have a problem trying to update and or install World of WarPlanes or World of Tanks,  I had a problem with low disk space, So I set out on a devine journey to find a way to correct the problem.  The solution was actually simple,  You can safely remove ALL files in the WOWP/updates folder.  It saved me 11 gig,  yes that is right.  I said 11 GIG was saved from a fresh and updated install yesterday 9/27/2013.  I cannot believe that wargaming.net does not remove them after a update or install.

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

DrSinister #2 Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I do not suffer from low disk space, but yes, I found about that in the past, I have been here since June 1st, 2012 and I went in that Update folder on day and found out that I had many patches in that folder and it was like 30 gigs worth of files.

And "Rock of the Marne" to you!

Soltek #3 Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View Postpigeon_kicker, on 28 September 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

To all that have a problem trying to update and or install World of WarPlanes or World of Tanks,  I had a problem with low disk space, So I set out on a devine journey to find a way to correct the problem.  The solution was actually simple,  You can safely remove ALL files in the WOWP/updates folder.  It saved me 11 gig,  yes that is right.  I said 11 GIG was saved from a fresh and updated install yesterday 9/27/2013.  I cannot believe that wargaming.net does not remove them after a update or install.

Thank you for the info. I have 237 gigs of free space left on a 1000 gig drive and will need to clean house soon.

pigeon_kicker #4 Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1599 battles
  • [SF] SF
no prob with the info,  There really was no info on the forums yet so I just put it out there.  Im sure others knew about it.  I only have a 80 gig SSD drive in this rig,  so win 7 takes 30 gig or so plus the 25 gig that used to be the size of WOWP.  I couldnt install World of tanks,  so I had to find a solution.  I hope this info help's out more player's.....

www.team-sf.com

HEAVEYGEAR #5 Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 684 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
Thanks for the info. I"ll check that out! Actually, never even gave that a thought, but any space I can save is always good.

I've knocked on death's door.....no one answered.....I don't complain much anymore.

Me.

fireraiserbr #6 Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Master Sergeant

• 299 battles
so you say you have a huge install folder, and you comment about saving 11gigs to be able to install the game, those 11 gigs really trouble you enough to also comment in the forum

i have 1.8 TB install folder . and i dont consider it huge. but i also dont care about 11gigs or 110 gigs wasted on my install folder.

good luck with your huge install folder, whatever big that may be

pigeon_kicker #7 Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1599 battles
  • [SF] SF
Ummm, If the information does not apply to you then why are you even replying to this thread ?  This information is for people that need it and that are obviously not as conceited as you are.  Who care's what you have in your computer,  I sure do not, and im sure not many more do......   :playing: lolz you are a funny sort of critter...

www.team-sf.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users