mouse 0.5.3 controls

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

QuiteFox #21 Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:51 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
  • [B_T] B_T

View PostLindy, on 27 September 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

I have managed to get my mouse basicaly back to where it was in last patch, but it took me awhile and i about lost my cool with it. With the additional adjustments that it offers I know I can make it better, its just going to take some time. But for a new player who may be interested in the game IMO the default settings is teribad.

Can u take a screenshot of the settings  u ues? I for the life of can't get it close to how it was.

GeneralLeeSpeaking #22 Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I used to play with the standard mouse controls (not 4.1) after dozens of matches I think I've gotten it as close to what it was as possible. However, during any sharp turn the aircraft now turns MUCH slower. Try and do a 180 in a p51 and the thing turns like an attack aircraft now. Obviously, I must have the setting incorrect somewhere but for the life of me I can't decipher the 'fortune cookie' control descriptions. Even the 'standard' preset doesn't control the aircraft as it was before the 5.3 update. It's extremely disappointing that someone considered this an improvement on the system that existed prior.
Forgot to add my "favorite" part, now when trying to do a loop in an aircraft 25% of the time it does what it used to, it performs a vertical loop. 25% of the time it tries to bank instead along the x axis...and 50% of the time if i move the mouse too quickly (as if that should even be possible) the aircraft continues on in a straight line and I'm left looking at the front of the aircraft with no control. Nothing like being in a climbing battle with another p51 and you go to maneuver vertical and are left looking behind you...at least I've had a nice view as the other aircraft has all the time in the world to turn and get on my tail.

Edited by GeneralLeeSpeaking, 28 September 2013 - 06:52 AM.

Autolycus7 #23 Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2 battles
I have not been able to get settings REMOTELY close to 4.1.

This is exactly why I never wanted that damned WoT mouse to be made default. It's terrible and the old, GOOD mouse formulas are made as an afterthought.

Lock On Target resetting my movement every single time I tap on it is even worse.
Mountains are OP. Nerf plz.
Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
Dignum laude virum Musa vetat mori, cœlo Musa beat.

Nihtwaco #24 Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 460 battles
  • [DSA] DSA
Howdy Folks
Took a while but this setting for the Mouse is fast, very responsive. I use it with A and D settings for roll and Q and E for rudder. A few test flights will help sort it out.
Lower left of advanced mouse screen are the presets. Mine marked personal is a variation from the one marked standard.
Still have some problems with the camera view which may need tweaks in the angle rate for the split S maneuver.
This setup does not do a lot of auto leveling and has very little center dead zone also.
I hope this helps others sort through this issue.
Mouse sensitivity is lower right and is set 5/6 of way to max the drop Menu hides it in the screen shot.

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by Nihtwaco, 28 September 2013 - 05:06 AM.

GeneralLeeSpeaking #25 Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Tried your settings, thank you for taking the time to post them. Unfortunately I'm still experiencing the problem where I end up staring at the nose of my aircraft when I try and do a vertical loop. It's getting exponentially more frustrating as time goes on trying to fly. Flying the way I used to is impossible using whatever passes as the standard mouse settings now. Instead of that premium plane for beta testing 700 flights how about you just send me a joystick WG, then maybe I could continue playing =)
Tried using the '4.1' settings, it feels much less intuitive. It's like flying with a joystick that locks in place wherever you push it. Feels to me like they are meant more for a touch screen then a mouse.

Edited by GeneralLeeSpeaking, 28 September 2013 - 07:29 AM.

Nihtwaco #26 Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

• 460 battles
  • [DSA] DSA
How far behind the aircraft do you keep the camera view? Through trial and error I have come to set it a max distance back at all times. The other thing I do is a lot of spirals with the camera pointing at the target on the other side of the vertical maneuver column we are tracing.. Camera inertia is set as low as possible so it follows my mouse movements fast. Other than that go into a training room and experiment with camera position and different maneuvers.

Nihtwaco #27 Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

• 460 battles
  • [DSA] DSA
Vertical loops should be avoided as your hang time makes you a sitting duck. Get 10 degrees off that so the loop is at an angle recovery is a lot faster also rolling to a new heading helps. 3 dimensional maneuvers are hard to explain until one has been in the fight for a while. I have been reading about air combat since the fifties. I have meet many quality Pilots over the years. Even with that it takes time and effort to translate their descriptions into control movements with the keyboard and mouse.

_Lindy_ #28 Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 183 battles

View PostGnome5, on 27 September 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

Can u take a screenshot of the settings u ues? I for the life of can't get it close to how it was.
Posted Image

Edited by Lindy, 28 September 2013 - 12:38 PM.

datum perficiemus munus

Zato27 #29 Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
All this ranting and raving about perceived changes because the UI has changed. Just set the camera on horizon and nothing much has changed.
Hint: Assign keys to pitch up, roll left and roll right and use them along with your mouse.

Edited by Zato27, 28 September 2013 - 02:14 PM.

468 x 100 Really! The rest of the civilized world uses 500 x 100.

Nihtwaco #30 Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

• 460 battles
  • [DSA] DSA
Howdy Folks I keep tweaking the controls and will keep posting screen shots to help others. This setup is sensitive but does the job for me even in heavy fighters.
Mouse_control_setup_3.jpg

Edited by Nihtwaco, 29 September 2013 - 03:30 AM.

GeneralLeeSpeaking #31 Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
@Nihtwaco - Thanks for the tip about the camera distance, i tend to keep it closer then max distance out so I can maintain a feel for the aircraft (as much as is possible anyhow). It's not so much that a loop is my "go to move" but it does come in handy. Imagine telling any of those quality pilots you mentioned previously that they can't do a vertical loop, that if they try it their aircraft will simply continue straight ahead. They might manage but it sucks not having all the tools. Even for defensive flying, there have been times I have attempted to go vertical simply to avoid crashing into a cliff after a dive and i end up staring at my nose as I ram into rock.

@Zato27 - The controls have changed, whether it's a new glitch or conflict on my side with the update or a newly introduced bug with the newly added advanced mouse controls. I know this because before the update I could do certain things...and now I cannot while using their standard preset which is supposed to be the equivalent of the mouse controls I used prior to the update.

paintballfreaks #32 Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
sorry for this post question answered in previous post i missed #33 was supposed to be this edited some how managed to dbl post I apologize if u could delete them not sure how ;/

Edited by paintballfreaks, 29 September 2013 - 07:53 AM.

paintballfreaks #33 Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
thanks lindy

Nihtwaco #34 Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

• 460 battles
  • [DSA] DSA
I keep tweaking as I go along the Latest one I posted at

http://forum.worldof...225#entry299225

is the best so far. Twitchy fast it is, wings like to droop one side or the other if the hand is not steady but when I want a turn bam I am into it. I have tested this with full loops with the camera full back just a little wiggle going over the Top. The game is meant to be arcade not flight sim so the rear camera works far better for me. I have flown the old MS flight sims also just that the Rig I was using was not fully up to spec to run them. Great views with the full detailed cockpits and good controls with the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick. One problem I got them on a discount table at Office Max and got no instruction manuals of any sort. I had problems landing and getting the engine vent flaps open fast enough. Kept catching on fire after landing rollout. It was a little bit touchy about engine heat more so than the real aircraft would have been.

Hiro_Apropos #35 Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Keep em coming Niht .. your first one you posted was a bit stiff but workable. The last one is a bit quicker on the move, and I like it.  Any hints on what to change to keep say a halfway bank going without it leveling quite so fast? Without your hints on this, I would still so be hating the new controls.

TheWhiteRaven #36 Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles

View PostHiro_Apropos, on 29 September 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

Keep em coming Niht .. your first one you posted was a bit stiff but workable. The last one is a bit quicker on the move, and I like it.  Any hints on what to change to keep say a halfway bank going without it leveling quite so fast? Without your hints on this, I would still so be hating the new controls.

Try moving the Level Off slider all the way to the left (or somewhere in the middle).

And thanks for the tweaks,Nihtwaco!

White Raven Gaming - a Community for Gamers that Play Hard and With a Sense of Humor

Find us on YouTube (search White Raven Gaming) for Ace matches, funny moments, and tips and tricks!

Creator of WoWP Flight Log (wowpflights.com), a replay site for World of Warplanes

TheHuffpuff #37 Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Thank you niht. Without your help I wouldn't be playing.

Jarod997 #38 Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 79 battles
  • [CS7-E] CS7-E
So moving the "Split S" slider all the way left turns it "off"? If I want to do a split S I'll do it myself thanks... I hope Wargaming doesn't get into the "Microsoft" mode of thinking "I'll help the user do what we think they want to do".

Currently enjoying: Beaufighter

lak3rol #39 Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 35 battles
well i posted this on the other page. thought might as well linked it here.
Extremely twitchy for some but I found it more responsive and alot easier to do maneuvers.
Only problem i have is trying to pull up with camera pointing up and it doesnt pull when im low altitude.

Posted Image

ProVersius #40 Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I like the ability to lock the horizon. IT was sorely needed. I don't really understand the adjustments on the graph. What does each dot mean? Basically I left that thing alone, and adjusted the sliders. Talk about confusing. Maybe someone could make a tutorial on setting that thing up. Other than that, I do like the way EVERY plane flies now. I give a thumbs up on the controls overall..

Also tagged with mouse, 0.5.3, controls

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users