tactics

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

Mr_R #1 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5392 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

MrRepublicans Tips list !!!!!! (Last updated:7/27/16) P47 Quick Tips added !! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

169,000!!! views... Thanks all who help make this the most viewed thread on the forum. If your a new player with questions , just respond! Or a player that wants to add on to this reply and i will give credit!.... I want to make this the most informative and comprehensive tips list it can be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello.. this list is here to help newer players with basic (and some complex) tips to help you do better !!!! so you might be asking (if you dont know me) .. what makes you so good. its simple - I PLAY SMART- so read this and comment if you want :)
SO ... what makes a good player???? you might just say skill , but its far more complex then that 5 letter word. here is my break down of it
60%- tactics/smarts
30%-playing ability
10%-luck
= 100% good player

My Quick Tips ( Simple do's and do not's):

--------------------------------------------------------
Fighters
--------------------------------------------------
1.never do head on's unless you have double their HP
2.never just go in a line upwards ... this makes you easy to shoot at .. so put some wiggle in it
3. never turn fight in a heavy or zoom-and-boom planes.. if u turn ur very open to attack
4. hit IL's as soon as you can.. these guys might be easy to kill but they can win the game off of GT's if you let them
5.never go on someone that already has 3 or + people on him.. if u get greedy, people will hit each other, its just not worth it
6.stay grouped up if possible.. if your solo then try to stay with 3 or so people
7. LEAVE a losing fur ball... its not worth getting in a fur ball and dying just to try to save 2 other people
8. When in doubt go to AA
9.If your losing a dog fight look for friendlies near you to fly towards so they can help.. you cant always trust other people but it can help distract the person on your tail some
10. don't climb if you don't have a plane that climbs good.. ive killed too many A6M's and yaks at 9k +.. i just now think "what heck were they thinking?
11. don't shoot before you get in to gun range. for each plane this is different , but if u shoot too early , you do no damage and tell them that your after them
Heavy Fighters
---------------------------------------------------------
1. Never use all your boost at the start of a match.. this helps if you get in trouble after climbing up
2. Try to wait after climbing up till fighting kinda starts.. this is just doing one circle kinda half way between your base and your front line
3. when boosting to get away never go in a line.. try turning alittle , this does make u just alittle more harder to hit , in turn giving ur alittle more HP to get away
4. STAY HIGH, you have to try to set a Min. height that you will never go under unless its certain circumstances (common sense people).. it might suck to let a kill go after knocking him down to 30% but its not worth going to deck and not being able to get back up
5. LOOK FOR HELP... this is kinda part of being smart.. if you have some one on a tail and u see 3 team mates near you or close .. fly towards them (NOT IN A LINE , but towards them as your dog fighting) and if you see some one near stretch some one out .. yes i know you cant always trust in randoms , but 4 times out of 10 they should help you enough to get them off your tail

Medium Fighter (Fw Line / P47)

Overall I love the FW and the P47 lines, and i find the tier 6 awesome for the FWs , and the tier 7 awesome for the Thunderbolts.. I love the FW as much as my mustang to be honest .. both are beasts at getting kills and has a unique flying style than any other plane..  these planes are the closes they have to support plane in this game .. you can hit gts , clear tails and do head on's with most other planes. I hope you give the line a try , and I'm sure you will love it. The main difference between these two great lines will be the guns and Tier 9 and 10. I can say cannons or machineguns are both equally good with me, but if you have a preference go with it! The Tiers 9 and 10  for the FW are very weak for their tiers, i can't speak on the Thunderbolts in those tiers yet.

1. Play it smart... these planes can't energy fight vertical as good as other planes in their tiers... you have to make sure if you dive on some one they can't chase you up .. because in these planes its almost impossible to shake a lighter fighter of the same tier 

2. (fw only) Lay back and be a sniper... this means you wait for the fighting to start to get in the action.. you wan't to be able to attack people with out being noticed and with out getting someone on your tail .. these planes have great gun range, so they make great snipers to pick out people in fur balls.

2-. (P47 only) Try getting very close before unloading , these machine guns don't do as well at range as the FW's cannons , so they tend to not do the same DPS as the FW when far out. It will put a hurting on tho if you get close.

3. Try to gun down heavies first/ ground attack ... these planes have awesome fire power .. so use it to help your team

4. (fw only) Try head on's in this plane ... you can beat every plane except heaves .. so you can finally do head ons and win with almost no damage is done to you (a dream come true for a lot of people haha

5. Don't go on the deck.. these planes are high flyers and snipers.. they don't ever do good on the deck .. only time you should be on the deck is while running away from more than one enemy with no other choice .  

6. Run when you have no help and your out numbered or you can't out turn some one ... THESE PLANES CAN"T TURN .. so don't bother turning after doing a pass on a mustang.. just keep going on your merry way .. if you get in a turn fight, you will lose very fast... it has great horizontal speed , so use it.

My Comments

Tactics/smarts: Now you might say .. "hey MrR i get killed by better people all the time" .. Well think about this - are they above you? are they diving? are you over their AA or yourself? Whose plane has the advantage in turning and climbing?... The first thing to being smart at this game is recognizing when you can and cant win a battle. This requires a lot of knowledge about all the planes for all the tiers and does take some time to get
Example: if I'm in my P51A against a Yak 9 i know he cant climb compared to me.. so i save up boost and dive on him and go right back up (but not in a line due to the derp ability of the canon on the yak)
everyone has a bit different tactic for each plane , so all u have to do is find your own. yess its hard but once you get that "click". your win rate will boost up and you will have far more fun. here is a quote i use in game a lot "never go in a dog fight you cant win" - Red Baron .. that is so true in this game.. why would you go in a fur ball of 6 people in a P40 over no AA. Your going to die , so your best option is to climb if you have the boost and time .. then you slowly go for those who can climb (like 110s , or other P40s) .. I call this the predator approach, you go for those who can climb first (plane wise) and those who you know are a danger first.. and you slowly pick people off one by one working on them.
Playing Ability: After you get down what you want to do ... you work on your abilities like aiming and dodging. its that simple once you get better at your skills and you play smart... "but Mr R cant skill overcome any tactic.. so why is this 30% of a good player" .. well no , any good tactic can over come skill
Example again- In my P51A i know that i can out climb that yak.. so even if that player is good , he cant over come the nature of his plane... i climb high and he tries to shoot at me (10% he will kill me due to a derp shoot with a somewhat good aim) but i know with my dodging skills, that almost never happens. and i dive on him and shoot .. ( i might knock 30% of his HP off ) but i go right back up and repeat till hes dead... if he relays on his skills he will eventually die, but if he has a good tactic he could counter (like staying low and using AA as cover) but it comes down to who has the better tactic .. THEN it comes down who has the skill to do their tactic better
Luck: this 10% goes for match win % too.. you only get a lucky good team or bad team 10% of the time .. this is the honest truth.. i hear people say one person cant do anything , but in this game yes they can. Its hard, but if you can just take out 2 people then you are a positive for your team

PLANE REVIEWS (tell me which plane u want next!! just post a reply !)
The P.1056(tier 8):
While i have played this plane only a few games.. i have learned that is is amazing for a stock tier 8... it has the speed to keep up with a FULLY upgraded 262 and can even out run it with its 30 second boost. The guns are alright , but the speed makes up for it.. A great thing it has over the 262 is its turn time. It also has a number of options for those who want to ground pound, making this plane suited for many types of players. While the grind is hard to get this plane, its well worth it !!
Score(out of 10 stock)(non stock) - Guns (6)(8), Speed(7)(8), Boost(8)(8), HP(6)(6), Handling(6)(6), Ground Attack Ability-GAA-(6)(7) - Total of 39(43) (tier 8 avg. is around 33)
The Hornet(Tier 7):
Unlike the tier 6 and tier 8 in the heavy brit line , i found this one to be a let down. I started with full engines and i felt like i was in the tier 6 all over again but with more boost.. it climbs good for a tier 7 but its guns are very bad for its tier. its a plane that most will find ok but nothing special.. it can out turn 609s which makes it far better for dog fighting heavys at lower tiers , but tier 8 and above its cream
Guns(5)(6) , Speed (5)(7), Boost (6)(7), HP (5)(5), Handling(6)(6), GAA(5)(6)
The Me262 HG2 (Tier 9):
This Plane right now is the king of the heavys... super fast , can outturn 262s, and has REALLY good boost , you feel un touchable in it. The first set of guns for it are kinda bad , but once you get those 20s.. woah is all your going to say after killing your first person with them.. makes other planes feel like butter when you slice them in half.. The last 30s are more for ground attack , but do hurt when you hit. Overall from stock to full, its a great plane and lives up to the expectation the 262 left you wanting in a tier 9
Guns(7)(9), Speed(7)(8), Boost(8)(9), HP(7)(7), Handling(5)(5), GAA(6)(6) --- top 30s makes it (7)
Plane Strats
----------------------------------------------------------
The P51A (Tier 6): Ialways say base your targets first by plane then by player... so if you know your better than the other P51A players then i suggest you get higher and save boost and that should give you enough advantage... going over AA is another one that will help shake them off your tail but its mainly who gets on who first .. so you better look for them, because getting a equal pilot in the same plane will kill you if you let them get on you
Spitfire 1 (Tier 5): This plane is better after the patch , but is the usual turn fighter .... U DONT GO OVER 7K in it.. stay low and kill ILs , and low planes... it has great guns , so it shouldn't be that hard.
F2A-1 (Tier 3 Prem): This thing climbs great for tier 3 , so if its a tier 3 2 match i suggest energy fighting , but dont climb if ur not the highest tier ... turn fight then. This plane does have a down side of weak guns , so if your planing on playing it , you better be patient.
109B (Tier 4): This little devil has gotten a big boost in climbing since the last patch.. soo USE it people .. in a tier 4 match and lower, you can completely own the skies and its your game to lose basically.. but you have to be smart and keep you energy as much as you can. try avoiding going too high when in upper tier matches . u just cant preform up there with tier 5 and 6 planes.. and will get killed by some one who knows what they are doing... You will be able to out climb anything that can out turn in you in this plane besides the Spitfire 5+ , and the A6M5 (to avoid them just stay over 5k , a a6 above 5k can barely climb after you , even with full boost)
109F (Tier 6): Ohh my first love in this game.. its always has been a great to decent plane, but now it can finally compete with the P51A if your smart enough First off you got to lose those wing mounted guns.. yes you wont be able to make people disappear anymore but you will be able to fly with a mustang now.. Keep your energy and do dives rarely.. unlike the A the F just doesn't keep energy and will kill you trying to chase a P51A back up.
Strats
--------------------------------------------
When to fire:​ just fire when you know you can hit them.. this goes in to skill and getting better at aiming overall... i usually shoot my 50cals 2300ft ..but 2000ft is just fine(2500 is good for canons)... but focus on flying the rather getting a shot in... if you watch me fly i do get hit and take hits from other P51a's but im focused on out flying them and making them stall when they are just busy trying to squeeze HP out.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Videos

------------------------------------------------------------

#1:

Replays- Download and watch me mess around :D 

#1:

https://www.mediafir...abpwmb7aj8w04wn - Me in my fw , it was a very lucky game for me and i almost got hit a few times

#2:

https://www.mediafir...hcqln6g0oqtd8d1 - Me in my Fj-1 ... i lost this game but it was so fun and i could have won it.. but i made mistakes 

#3:

https://www.mediafir...lwwbw88oot1uzgn - Me in my Yak 7 .. won the game , got very close to dying .. derped a few people and dodged a lot!!!

My Info

Line Info : Jap Fighter Tier  5 , UK  Heavy Tier 7 , USSR Fighters Tier 7 (La), Tier 6 (Mig) and Tier 5 (Yak) , USA fighters Tier 9 (FJ1) and 9 (F6U) , USA heavy tier 8 , German Fighters Tier 9 (Fw) and Tier 8 (209) , German Heavy Tier 9

ANY OFF TOPIC OR INSULTING COMMENTS WILL BE REPORTED , PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL TO THE FORUM EVEN IF YOU DONT AGREE OR DISLIKE ME. Have a tip you think I'm missing, post it :)

Edited by Mr_R, 28 July 2016 - 01:38 AM.

Full name : MrRepublican,    Clan : Wraith Squad  - K to D 5.75........Survive Rate 65.43%......... Avg. Damage : 576- Plays off of Laptop with Wallzmart Mouse - YEP !! a hacker for sure

tahee59 #2 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8032 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
would a good player throw a game to let his buddies win?

Quesnel #3 Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 13095 battles
I will be paying attention to this. MrRepublican has killed me on a few occasions now, I want to learn how he does it (so very well).

An_Average_Jho #4 Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

Helvetic Polyglot

• Alpha tester
  • 2946 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD

View PostMrRepublican, on 23 September 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

60%- tactics/smarts
30%-playing ability
10%-luck
= 100% good player

More like 90% having _LaserGuided_ as your wingman and 10% luck  :trollface:

Everything tastes better if it tries to eat you before you eat it

I named my airplane Iosef because it kept on Stalin

"My centre is giving way. My right is in retreat. Situation excellent. I attack" -General Foch

NathanFlightLeader #5 Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 1549 battles

View PostQuesnel, on 23 September 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

I will be paying attention to this. MrRepublican has killed me on a few occasions now, I want to learn how he does it (so very well).

Thankfully I'm on his team a lot of the time!

View PostAn_Average_Jho, on 23 September 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

More like 90% having _LaserGuided_ as your wingman and 10% luck  :trollface:

This is the truth!!!  :great:
"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" And "Oh S...!"
"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

Captain_F22ACE #6 Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

Boom'N'Zoom rights activist

• Community Ace
  • 1180 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO
Hmm.... I see myself doing this alot already. :glasses:
Not to mention that when someone tries diving on me from above, I corkscrew upwards making myself a smaller target to hit and forcing a overshoot.

Mr_R #7 Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5392 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
lol guys.. yes having a good wingman helps .. but having a wingman is only useful if you have good TACTICS with him.. i fly solo and flights 50/50 , so if flying with 2 buddies helps you out then do it... me , the decoy , and stoagz in P51A is just so fun because we all our on the same page.. that flight is good because of our tactics not because of our individual skills

Full name : MrRepublican,    Clan : Wraith Squad  - K to D 5.75........Survive Rate 65.43%......... Avg. Damage : 576- Plays off of Laptop with Wallzmart Mouse - YEP !! a hacker for sure

Mr_R #8 Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5392 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostCaptain_F22ACE, on 23 September 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

Hmm.... I see myself doing this alot already. :glasses:

lol i said this is for newer players  :tongue:

BrushWolf #9 Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10764 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostMrRepublican, on 23 September 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

Hello.. this forum is here to help newer players !!!! so you might be asking (if you dont know me) .. what makes you so good. its simple - I PLAY SMART- so read this a comment if you want :)

SO ... what makes a good player???? you might just say skill , but its far more complex then that 5 letter word. here is my break down of it

60%- tactics/smarts
30%-playing ability
10%-luck
= 100% good player

Tactics/smarts: Now you might say .. "hey MrR i get killed by better people all the time" .. Well think about this - are they above you? are they diving? are you over their AA or yourself? Whose plane has the advantage in turning and climbing?...  The first thing to being smart at this game is recognizing when you can and cant win a battle. This requires a lot of knowledge about all the planes for all the tiers and does take some time to get

Example: if I'm in my P51A against a Yak 9 i know he cant climb compared to me.. so i save up boost and dive on him and go right back up (but not in a line due to the derp ability of the canon on the yak)

everyone has a bit different tactic for each plane , so all u have to do is find your own. yess its hard but once you get that "click".  your win rate will boost up and you will have far more fun. here is a quote i use in game a lot "never go in a dog fight you cant win" - Red Baron  .. that is so true in this game.. why would you go in a fur ball of 6 people in a P40 over no AA. Your going to die , so your best option is to climb if you have the boost and time .. then you slowly go for those who can climb (like 110s , or other P40s) .. I call this the predator approach, you go for those who can climb first (plane wise) and those who you know are a danger first.. and you slowly pick people off one by one working on them.

Playing Ability: After you get down what you want to do ... you work on your abilities like aiming and dodging. its that simple once you get better at your skills and you play smart... "but Mr R cant skill overcome any tactic.. so why is this 30% of a good player" .. well no , any good tactic and over come skill

Example again- In my P51A i know that i can out climb that yak.. so even if that player is good , he cant over come the nature of his plane... i climb high and he tries to shoot at me (10% he will kill me due to a derp shoot with a somewhat good aim) but i know with my dodging skills, that almost never happens. and i dive on him and shoot .. ( i might knock 30% of his HP off ) but i go right back up and repeat till hes dead... if he relays on his skills he will eventually die, but if he has a good tactic he could counter (like staying low and using AA as cover) but it comes down to who has the better tactic .. THEN it comes down who has the skill to do their tactic better  

Luck: this 10% goes for match win % too.. you only get a lucky good team or bad team 10% of the time .. this is the honest truth.. i hear people say one person cant do anything , but in this game yes they can. Its hard, but if you can just take out 2 people then you are a positive for your team

I hope this helps someone alittle bit.. i will update this as often as i can, and i hope to make this post cleaner to look at :3

That sounds right for an average player. But for the very best something like this applies 60% tactics, 50% playing/shooting, and 10% luck equals top aces. I know the numbers don't add up but we are talking about the top 5%, the ones that do well even when their plane is completely dominated by the opposition.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Captain_F22ACE #10 Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

Boom'N'Zoom rights activist

• Community Ace
  • 1180 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO

View PostMrRepublican, on 23 September 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

lol i said this is for newer players  :tongue:
Hey, it's still worth reading even if I'm getting better. :tongue:

sgtcheapbeer #11 Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2996 battles
Good advice from  MR. R  Your tactics worked on me,   I  chased you in my F4F last week and got lots of hits,  but then you got behind me    :kamikaze:     you killed 8 or 9 in that round.

Bogie_with_Stu #12 Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4079 battles
  • [K_O_S] K_O_S
The biggest problem I see with new players is not a lack of skill...some of them can actually fly pretty well. What I see is an almost complete lack of patience, nearly zero self control and self restraint. Boom & Zoom takes a bit of all 3.

I also rarely go for the first available target. If I am flying at 7K ft with a group of 3 or 4 pubby pilots...and a bandit blips my radar...I start looking for the SECOND plane. Why? Because if you dive and engage that first pilot, you will find the OTHER 3-4 pilots diving on him as well...and very quickly you have a nasty furball of 5 good guys in a very small area. By letting that first pilot go by me I am almost guaranteeing I will not get rammed by a friendly on the way to engage the next target.

Great thread Republican...keep it up!

(maybe if he spends some time typing he wont be around to shoot me down) :izmena:

losttwo #13 Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
you forgot to mention. Stick around and use spectator mode to learn how others play.

MongGrel #14 Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 137 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 23 September 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

you forgot to mention. Stick around and use spectator mode to learn how others play.
I actually used to do that a lot, still do now and then.

mizer67 #15 Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1121 battles
I've never seen Mr. R. outside of his P-51A and he's a master at playing to its strengths.
That plane has stupidly good energy retention, operating speed and climb rate, better than anything else in tier 6 at the moment. Nothing can keep up with it in the vertical and the 0.5.2 upward dispersion means you'll take very few hits while escaping. In tier IV-VI matches, you can own, even if it takes a few passes due to the poor firepower.
I learned a few things watching him kill my teammates that helped me take a new interest in the 51A and to carry a game or two in it myself.

Mr_R #16 Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5392 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Postmizer67, on 23 September 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

I've never seen Mr. R. outside of his P-51A and he's a master at playing to its strengths.
That plane has stupidly good energy retention, operating speed and climb rate, better than anything else in tier 6 at the moment. Nothing can keep up with it in the vertical and the 0.5.2 upward dispersion means you'll take very few hits while escaping. In tier IV-VI matches, you can own, even if it takes a few passes due to the poor firepower.
I learned a few things watching him kill my teammates that helped me take a new interest in the 51A and to carry a game or two in it myself.

you have to do that for every plane .. thats the thing.. ive got to that point where im really good at the P51A because i know really great tactics with it to handle different planes. its no where near just going up and down ... i wish it was that simple

Rythcan #17 Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 342 battles
My only tip I would add is if you use mouse and keyboard controls learn to play Tie Fighter 1st or attempt to at least. That game will help out a lot with flying with a mouse and keyboard. I have played that game for over 18 years and trust me it taught me a lot about flying with mouse controls. Even if you have to fly on invincible give it a shot for a few hours it will teach you to dodge fire from multiple targets and how to prioritize your targets.

Mr_R #18 Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5392 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
MR.R's TIPS LIST !!!!
----------------------------------

1.never do head on's unless you have double their HP

2.never just go in a line upwards ... this makes you easy to shoot at .. so put some wiggle in it

3. never turn fight in a heavy or zoom-and-boom planes.. if u turn ur very open to attack

4. hit IL's as soon as you can.. these guys might be easy to kill but they can win the game off of GT's if you let them

5.never go on someone that already has 3 or + people on him.. if u get greedy people will hit each other, its just not worth it

6.stay grouped up if possible.. if your solo then try to stay with 3 or so people

7. LEAVE a losing fur ball... its not worth getting in a fur ball and dying just to try to save 2 other people

8. When in doubt go to AA

9.If your losing a dog fight look for friendlies near you to fly towards so they can help.. you cant always trust other people but it can help distract the person on your tail some

10. don't climb if you don't have a plane that climbs good.. ive killed too many A6M's and yaks at 9k +.. i just now think "what the F&*^CK were they thinking?

mizer67 #19 Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1121 battles

View PostMrRepublican, on 23 September 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

you have to do that for every plane .. thats the thing.. ive got to that point where im really good at the P51A because i know really great tactics with it to handle different planes. its no where near just going up and down ... i wish it was that simple

I think, including tonight, I have ~30 battles in the P-51A. Prior to the past two days I think I had a ~55% W/R in it with ~18 battles played. It was a plane that I didn't want to sell for some reason, but had never clicked for me until I saw you using it against me a day or two ago and the light came on as to how to use its strengths best. Yes, each plane has its own strengths, but some make carrying a game when highly outnumbered easier. The P-51A is one of those.

I don't know any special tactics against any plane for the P-51A. Just the basics like you've mentioned, to use the vertical and to abuse the rudder.

Here's some examples from tonight of what an average pilot like me can do with this plane, with no special knowledge and need to carry a match vs. 7 or 8 to one odds (as long as you, Lunamaria and Laserguided aren't on the other team). I can't manage this type of carry in every plane solo. This one's really good when you're outnumbered since you have speed and climb rate on your side and can usually choose when to engage.

Some day I'd like to pick your brain on the special tactics although I can understand why you'd keep them to yourself.

Mr_R #20 Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:32 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5392 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Postmizer67, on 24 September 2013 - 03:20 AM, said:

I think, including tonight, I have ~30 battles in the P-51A. Prior to the past two days I think I had a ~55% W/R in it with ~18 battles played. It was a plane that I didn't want to sell for some reason, but had never clicked for me until I saw you using it against me a day or two ago and the light came on as to how to use its strengths best. Yes, each plane has its own strengths, but some make carrying a game when highly outnumbered easier. The P-51A is one of those.

I don't know any special tactics against any plane for the P-51A. Just the basics like you've mentioned, to use the vertical and to abuse the rudder.

Here's some examples from tonight of what an average pilot like me can do with this plane, with no special knowledge and need to carry a match vs. 7 or 8 to one odds (as long as you, Lunamaria and Laserguided aren't on the other team). I can't manage this type of carry in every plane solo. This one's really good when you're outnumbered since you have speed and climb rate on your side and can usually choose when to engage.

Some day I'd like to pick your brain on the special tactics although I can understand why you'd keep them to yourself.

yep this isnt just a P51A thread ,but it does have weakness's.. like a F4U can actually out turn you up high , but with a slight tilt of the angle of your P51A you can make a F4U stall out doing the stair case to heaven (thats when you see me going up in a spiral) .. but P40 , and F4U can almost do the same thing... Like every plane you have to find a certain style that works great with it.. once you do , you will win far more

Also tagged with tactics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users