DrSinister's Plane Icon Mod 1.1.0 (Still Updating for 1.2)

Icon Mod

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

Topsight #41 Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

First Lieutenant

• 34409 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View PostSandman1969, on 27 February 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Snoop safe??

There's nothing wrong with the files he has as someone would have stated as such long ago by now had there been any.

Just wanting an answer from him, if that's OK? Before I decide to put one of his files on my computer.

Sandman1969 #42 Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4515 battles

That's fine. But I am telling you, his files are safe. If they were not, someone would have complained long ago about his mods being bad.

Personally, I go by the amount of people that use his mods & how they feel about them. If I don't see any issues, then I deem it safe.

DrSinister #43 Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4764 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
All my files are snoop safe, I do not add anything to snoop/hack into other players pc.  I have been modding since Mid Closed Beta and no one has accused be of snopping/hacking with any of my files.  The other mods that are not my own I have already downloaded and zipped them up and have used those files myself from the other modders.  Also the 3 RU modders on my list are known modders in the RU community.

Topsight #44 Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

First Lieutenant

• 34409 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View PostDrSinister, on 27 February 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

All my files are snoop safe, I do not add anything to snoop/hack into other players pc.  I have been modding since Mid Closed Beta and no one has accused be of snopping/hacking with any of my files.  The other mods that are not my own I have already downloaded and zipped them up and have used those files myself from the other modders.  Also the 3 RU modders on my list are known modders in the RU community.

Thank you sir, it is appreciated. I would rather hear it from the Dev since it's my computer. Great work by the way and much appreciated I'm sure from all those that have benefited by it. Now I can consider it.

DrSinister #45 Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4764 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
No problem, Topsight.  I can understand why you asked, got to be safe, too much ID theft happening nowadays.

Torston #46 Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

In 1.2 changed the structure. Now you need to unpack "res_mods" "gui.pkg" (eg using Total Commander) and have him put in everything you need. The file should be removed "path.xml" string with the path to "gui.pkg". If you want to have working icons, rename files *.png to *.dds folders gui\flash\icons\planes\

p.s. sorry for my english

DrSinister #47 Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4764 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTorston, on 06 March 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

In 1.2 changed the structure. Now you need to unpack "res_mods" "gui.pkg" (eg using Total Commander) and have him put in everything you need. The file should be removed "path.xml" string with the path to "gui.pkg". If you want to have working icons, rename files *.png to *.dds folders gui\flash\icons\planes\

p.s. sorry for my english

Yeah, I have not gotten around to do that since I was updating my other mods.  I knew they changed the file reference.

Kaosulv #48 Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 2348 battles

Hiya DrSinister, I did some testing today with my Icons and found out a few things that may save you some time. :smiles:

1) Just changing the png extension to dds works just fine, no errors, however if you need to edit the icon after you have to change it back to png if your using Photoshop. Side Note: I used a program called FileRenamer Basic to rename them. I got it from download.cnet.com. Took less then a minute to covert all of the pngs.

2) Most of the pointers in the aircraft scripts are fixed now (how long did it take WG to do it, lol) but the "f2a-1.xml" still points to the f2a. Im also not able to test the P36c and the I-1 ShKas because I dont have those planes. Side Note: putting your scripts folder from 1.1.0 in the res_mod folder does fix the f2a-1 icon but it brakes the f2a-1 carousel icon. 

3) Some of the xml files are not in English or Russian, When I open them to view them it appears to be Chinese or Japanese. Whats up with that, WG! :wacko: The f2a.xml is one of them so I havnt been able to find a solution for the carousel icon bug.

Sorry I don't more info for ya but I had to leave for work. I'll poke at it when I get home again.

For more information or to join The Art of Warfare, visit us at taw.net

DrSinister #49 Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4764 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostKaosulv, on 07 March 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

Hiya DrSinister, I did some testing today with my Icons and found out a few things that may save you some time. :smiles:

1) Just changing the png extension to dds works just fine, no errors, however if you need to edit the icon after you have to change it back to png if your using Photoshop. Side Note: I used a program called FileRenamer Basic to rename them. I got it from download.cnet.com. Took less then a minute to covert all of the pngs.

2) Most of the pointers in the aircraft scripts are fixed now (how long did it take WG to do it, lol) but the "f2a-1.xml" still points to the f2a. Im also not able to test the P36c and the I-1 ShKas because I dont have those planes. Side Note: putting your scripts folder from 1.1.0 in the res_mod folder does fix the f2a-1 icon but it brakes the f2a-1 carousel icon. 

3) Some of the xml files are not in English or Russian, When I open them to view them it appears to be Chinese or Japanese. Whats up with that, WG! :wacko: The f2a.xml is one of them so I havnt been able to find a solution for the carousel icon bug.

Sorry I don't more info for ya but I had to leave for work. I'll poke at it when I get home again.

The XMLs are encoded, you have to get WoT Tools 0.5 to decode them.  What it most likely is that the Carousel image is different in the new XMLs.

Torston #50 Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

DrSinister,

can You do the same but in Cyrillic? 

DrSinister #51 Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4764 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTorston, on 11 March 2014 - 05:34 AM, said:

DrSinister,

can You do the same but in Cyrillic? 

Idk, I can see what I can do.  I still have to update this, been busy with other things.

Torston #52 Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
thank's

Also tagged with Icon, Mod

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users