Kill Markers and Assists

kill markers assists

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

JarethG #1 Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

Eclectic Dragon

• Community Ace
  • 234 battles
http://worldofwarpla...ievements-wowp/

Victory marks order:
1/10/50/200/500/2000/10000 (one aerial victory — 1 mark, 10 victories — 2 marks etc.)
The appearance of the icons depends on the nation.
Ok, now that that is out of the way, I have a question regarding this.  Please indulge me in a little bit of setup first though.
I see people asking to be credited half a kill for an assist, and I really rather thought this idea wasn't bad, but wasn't good either.  IE, it wouldn't be a game breaker for me either way it was worked.
Now, I didn't take screen shots at the time, because I wasn't really thinking about it, or making a post about it when it happened, but last night, in my Bf 110B, I noticed after a match I had my third air-to-air kill marker on my plane.  "Strange," I thought to myself.  "I only shot down four planes and got a couple of assists that match.  I started with 39 kills, and 11 assists on that plane before the match.  (I did the math to reverse engineer my numbers, as I had not actually looked.)  At any rate, I had 43 kills, and 13 assists, yet there it was, the third kill marker, for 50 kills.
It seems to me, that at least for markers, that assists do indeed lend some weight to receiving them.  
Qualifiers:  I never flew the 110 B in closed beta.  It could be a glitch in the game.
I am just wondering if anyone else had ever payed attention enough to notice something similar?

Member of DirtyDozen! www.dirtydozengaming.com/
Director of WoWp FRAG! ACE: F4U, Bf 110B, Bf 110E

NathanFlightLeader #2 Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 1548 battles
Not really! I only look at my markers when there is a bragging match going on in a thread about who has the most markers!!
I honestly wouldn't care whether this was implimented or not. Ususally when there was an assist half a marker would be painted on the plane! It might be nice to have the assists count towards the markers, sort of an historical thing!
Kudos for doing all the reverse engineering math stuff!!!! The closet I could get to reverse engineering is putting a drill in reverse or putting a socket back on!!   :eyesup:

Edited by NathanFlightLeader, 07 September 2013 - 10:00 AM.

"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" And "Oh S...!"
"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

JarethG #3 Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

Eclectic Dragon

• Community Ace
  • 234 battles

View PostNathanFlightLeader, on 07 September 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

Not really! I only look at my markers when there is a bragging match going on in a thread about who has the most markers!!
I honestly wouldn't care whether this was implimented or not. Ususally when there was an assist half a marker would be painted on the plane! It might be nice to have the assists count towards the markers, sort of an historical thing!
Kudos for doing all the reverse engineering math stuff!!!! The closet I could get to reverse engineering is putting a drill in reverse or putting a socket back on!!   :eyesup:
If my summation is correct though, it already is implemented. I really wish I had gotten the screenshots.  As I say, I only had 43 actual kills, yet I had three markers.

floydsox #4 Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4503 battles
Are you sure you didnt fly the bf 110B at all in closed beta or alpha and got some kills?  The kill marks carry over.  If you didn't then that is weird.

JarethG #5 Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

Eclectic Dragon

• Community Ace
  • 234 battles

View Postfloydsox, on 07 September 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Are you sure you didnt fly the bf 110B at all in closed beta or alpha and got some kills?  The kill marks carry over.  If you didn't then that is weird.
I am 99% sure.  I didn't really even start to try HF until Open Beta, and never had my FW57 that I remember in Closed Beta.