Lieutenant Colonel Milenko Pavlović

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Komadant #1 Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
He is born in 1959. in the village of Gornje Crniljevo near Osečina in the Municipality of Valjevo. The first four grades of elementary school he finished in his bithplace, and the next four in Osecina. He finished Military school in Mostar. Although initially rejected that option, he decided later to become military pilot.

Posted Image

Since 1982 he served in Batajnica. Two times he was promoted in the major's rank and lieutenant colonel. The aggregation of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia found him in Ccommand duty of the 204th Fighters Regiment, whose headquarters were relocated to Stara Pazova.
Around 12o'clock on 4th May 1999. it has been noticed a large group of NATO aircraft which is operated in the direction of Valjevo mainly in the ammunition factory "Krušik", as well as military depots in the village Pričević. The command was given to fly one of the junior officers, but Lt.Colonel Pavlovic ordered by telephone to keep the pilot in barracks and instead he took off in his MiG-29 .
Posted Image
Posted Image

Soon he found himself over Valjevo, but after takeoff  his alternator malfunctioned  so he was left without radar. Pavlovic is engaged in an unequal battle  and soon, about 12.35, he was hit by three missiles. He died in the air . His last words were: "They have me!", and the remains of his plane felt down near the village Petnica

Autentic cammera fotage of Lt.Col Milenko Pavlovic shot down

He was buried on 6th May 1999 on cementery Bežanijska. He has never promoted for a hero. He was posthumous awarded with Medal of Bravery and Gold Flying badge.

Documentary movie "Let u smrt" about Lt.Col.Mileno Pavlovic

SLAVA HEROJU!!!

"Svako se za nesto rodi, a mi smo se rodili za pilote - imali smo sve potrebno - odvažnost, borbenost, spretnost i bili smo vitezovi" - Đorđe Stojanović
WoWP Serbian Team Leader

Komadant #2 Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
Lt.Col. Milenko Pavlovic in his MIG-29

"Svako se za nesto rodi, a mi smo se rodili za pilote - imali smo sve potrebno - odvažnost, borbenost, spretnost i bili smo vitezovi" - Đorđe Stojanović
WoWP Serbian Team Leader

gojko98 #3 Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Svaka ti cast za ovo!

Crag_r #4 Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Although a hero in his own right, seeing as he was engaging NATO Aircraft... the North American server forums might not be the best place to show this in something so recent.

Per Ardua ad Astra "Through Adversity to the Stars"

Royal Australian Air Force

FRAG

F4e #5 Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
respect to Milenko Pavlovic

Komadant #6 Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostCrag_r, on 04 August 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

Although a hero in his own right, seeing as he was engaging NATO Aircraft... the North American server forums might not be the best place to show this in something so recent.

Yes it is a appropriate place and it is a freedom of democracy to say what you mean and where you mean.

cheers
Komadant

WoWP Serbian Team Leader

Komadant #7 Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostF4e, on 06 August 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

respect to Milenko Pavlovic

cheer m8!
Komadant

WoWP Serbian Team Leader

percatroid #8 Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:58 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Very sad indeed...This man was a very brave pilot who served his country most honorably..The commander who ordered the flight is the one who is in question...As command must have known the odds...

Komadant #9 Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View Postpercatroid, on 15 August 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

Very sad indeed...This man was a very brave pilot who served his country most honorably..The commander who ordered the flight is the one who is in question...As command must have known the odds...

lest we forget...

cheer m8
Komadant

WoWP Serbian Team Leader

Crag_r #10 Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:44 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostKomadant, on 12 August 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

Yes it is a appropriate place and it is a freedom of democracy to say what you mean and where you mean.

cheers
Komadant

Fair enough, i was just giving a friendly recommendation, but remember your comment works both ways mate...

Per Ardua ad Astra "Through Adversity to the Stars"

Royal Australian Air Force

FRAG

whitelighter66 #11 Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:17 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostCrag_r, on 04 August 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

I was watching a documentary on the life and exploits of the Red Baron in WWI. The beginning told a story about he and two of his friends who risked themselves to fly into occupied territory to drop flowers on the grave of a fallen enemy pilot. The banner on the flowers was said to have read "to friend and enemy". It was also a war where when the enemies plane was disabled the pilot was allowed to land and if behind enemy lines to return to his flight group. On more than one occasion enemy pilots would land their planes and share a drink while the battle was ongoing overhead. Pilots were considered without honor by choosing to kill enemy pilots when they were trying to retreat from the battle.

It is safe to say that was most likely one of the last times that kind of chivalry could be connected to warfare.

Any loss of life is regrettable but I am not sure how I feel about a pilot that was shot down by NATO forces. At least that is what I get from the way that the OP wrote his message. That he was shot down by NATO forces not being part of them. You can debate politics and ethics, right and wrong but NATO operates as a global police force. It feels kind of like an enemy agent pulling a gun on a group of policemen. No matter how you want to debate it it is a recipe for disaster.

I guess I am agreeing with Craig but with a question. Are we mourning the accidental shooting of a allied pilot or celebrating the successful elimination of an enemy threat? This is a situation that will forever plague two people who stand on the different sides of a single fence. There were many people who might have mourned the passing of Saddam and Bin Laden but we bowed our heads in thanks and relief. All that Craig is saying is how this will be received is dependent on who your audience is.

Edited by whitelighter66, 10 September 2012 - 12:44 AM.