Russians Fighters op?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Are Russian Fighters overpowered (55 members have cast votes)

Simple do you feel they are overpowered

1. No (40 votes [72.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

2. Yes (6 votes [10.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.91%

3. somewhat as they had less armor v German WP's but were more maneuverable (3 votes [5.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.45%

4. who cares just fight (6 votes [10.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.91%

Vote Hide poll

MajorDodger #1 Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:01 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
So here is a simple poll as I noticed a lot more people flying Russian planes lately then before and being as the only plane that consistently shot me down is the bi-plane with jet packs. I am not a bad pilot and I am old so my reflexes are not what they were but this sudden change in a lot more people using it usually means something is up.

Good hunting, fly fast, shoot faster or die in flames.

petersleepy #2 Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:04 AM

TnB Rights Activist

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA
The yak line just came out. That's why so many people are playing them.

"It's only game, why you heff to be mad?" ~Ilya Bryzgalov

An_Average_Jho #3 Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:11 AM

Helvetic Polyglot

• Alpha tester
  • 57 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD
Yes, some russian fighters can equip 37 or 45mm cannons. However, doing so deprives them of most of their maneuverability and most (if not all) of their speed.

It's like a KV-2. Yes, it has a big gun that's going to hurt you, but it's extremely easy to get out of the way of said gun.

Everything tastes better if it tries to eat you before you eat it

I named my airplane Iosef because it kept on Stalin

"Quod natura non dat, Salmantica non præstat"

BOA_TG_CO #4 Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [B-O-A] B-O-A
the russian planes are definately NOT OP. in actuality, i think they are they "hardest " to fly.  the LA series shoot a group so tight that there is no spread for a spray and pray tactic as with some "other" nations  lol. you have to be dead on the mark or you are just pissing in the wind.

the Yaks did just release as stated and a lot of people are trying them out.  im in love witht the Yak 3.

Heh #5 Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostAn_Average_Jho, on 04 September 2013 - 03:11 AM, said:

Yes, some russian fighters can equip 37 or 45mm cannons. However, doing so deprives them of most of their maneuverability and most (if not all) of their speed.

It's like a KV-2. Yes, it has a big gun that's going to hurt you, but it's extremely easy to get out of the way of said gun.

Don't forget that said gun overheats in a few shots.
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

ArcticDark81 #6 Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [N_W_W] N_W_W
I think part of the problem is that people keep noticing that they are getting shot down by Yaks and not realizing it is 2 different lines. They think they all have the derp cannons and the maneuverability of the Yak 1 lines.

pyantoryng #7 Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2148 battles
Yak-1 is underwhelming weapon-wise (1 2cm and 2 50cal at T6!) while Yak-7 will take loads of practice to land the big shots (you are pretty much forced to use big gun on Yak-9 anyway)...

...but Lavochkins are pretty much good all around, I find them (up to La-7) to be my better performing fighters (and I'm very bad at flying fighters - I'm more of a whale rider).

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

MajorDodger #8 Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
great comments guys and this is why i started this post before people started yelling for them to be nerfed.  I know about the control i just increased my dead space making it easier to control but the roll rate is wow.  keep em coming would like to see some counter points if any.

Good hunting, fly fast, shoot faster or die in flames.

S842 #9 Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8 battles
I would say that if any countries planes are "OP" it would be the U.S with the P-51 and F4U series.  Both are fast BnZ planes and the F4U has a lot of firepower too.

pyantoryng #10 Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2148 battles

View PostS842, on 12 October 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

I would say that if any countries planes are "OP" it would be the U.S with the P-51 and F4U series.  Both are fast BnZ planes and the F4U has a lot of firepower too.

This thread is almost a month old, back when they did not push the USSR fighters' altitude performance all the way down the deck.

USSR fighters are quite the powerhouse back then, especially the La-5, which packed the firepower, speed, and maneuverability in a single package.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

JDMFreakz #11 Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 106 battles
seeing the title..

WAT?

SgtHawker #12 Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

View PostJDMFreakz, on 12 October 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

seeing the title..

WAT?

When this was started the USSR planes were all the rage and i saw a lot of whining in chat so I started the poll and wanted opinions would have liked to have seen the people who cried in chat post but nope they just whine.  

As for the P-51 and F4U yes they are fast they were fast and powerhouses in their day but they both have downfalls also.  In real life they carried less ammo but hit so hard they did not need to carry a lot.  WoWP uses overheat as a way of limiting spray and pray tactics and the amount of ammo we carry.  I like the idea albeit i would like some of them turned down a little but oh well i will have to get used to it.

Heh #13 Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostSgtHawker, on 13 October 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

As for the P-51 and F4U yes they are fast they were fast and powerhouses in their day but they both have downfalls also.  In real life they carried less ammo but hit so hard they did not need to carry a lot.

Unless it's the F4U-1c, then the US planes IRL had the least amount of ammo concerns.
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users