• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
Great work again Crash.

+1

NargilFenris #24 Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:32 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Senior Alpha Test Veteran
  • 20 battles
Hey Crash, any chance you can add what the different modules are in the damage cluster?
If you were looking for the A-Team I am sorry to inform you that you found the F Troop.

CrashTailspin #25 Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:04 AM

Squadron Lead / Wargaming Stunt Pilot

• 3597 battles

View PostNargilFenris, on 04 March 2012 - 12:32 AM, said:

Hey Crash, any chance you can add what the different modules are in the damage cluster?

I would if I knew myself!  I'm currently working on a few other things (map views, after battle screen, etc.).  I'll ask James to see if he knows.

You must not question "The Forum Laws".  Any questioning of "The Forum Laws" results in automatic removal and / or locking of any post, regardless of the level of constructiveness or thought provocation.

NargilFenris #26 Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:34 AM

• 20 battles
Oh thank God I'm not the only guy ignorant about what those mean  :Smile-_tongue:
If you were looking for the A-Team I am sorry to inform you that you found the F Troop.

shiftyeyed #27 Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:24 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 182 battles
Nice work tail. dont doubt that WG will steel it for ther starter guide xD

And jeeze you have to much free time xD :Smile_bajan2:

Plebian #28 Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 2 battles
I am guessing bottom left is cannons and bottom right is machine guns, although they look more for fitting for an Apache gunship lol

phalnx #29 Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 652 battles
What impresses me about this manual the most isn't that it's professionally organized, clearly and concisely written and illustrated, and easy to read and use for players of all levels...and it is all of these things...it's that you somehow found the time in your undoubtedly busy schedule to hammer it out, in addition to all the other things you're doing on here as well.  Crash, you are either very efficient or very dedicated...most probably both...and you are an inspiration to all us working stiffs who only wish we could contribute at the level you have!

I'm sure WG needs no urging from me to consider making your final version of this the OFFICIAL WoWP MANUAL...but I'm urging anyway.  Great job, Crash!

CrashTailspin #30 Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

Squadron Lead / Wargaming Stunt Pilot

• 3597 battles

View Postphalnx, on 04 March 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

What impresses me about this manual the most isn't that it's professionally organized, clearly and concisely written and illustrated, and easy to read and use for players of all levels...and it is all of these things...it's that you somehow found the time in your undoubtedly busy schedule to hammer it out, in addition to all the other things you're doing on here as well.  Crash, you are either very efficient or very dedicated...most probably both...and you are an inspiration to all us working stiffs who only wish we could contribute at the level you have!

I'm sure WG needs no urging from me to consider making your final version of this the OFFICIAL WoWP MANUAL...but I'm urging anyway.  Great job, Crash!

It's called caffeine and high-fructose corn syrup.

Although if I can get it, I prefer Mountain Dew Throwback.  That's made with real sugar.

You must not question "The Forum Laws".  Any questioning of "The Forum Laws" results in automatic removal and / or locking of any post, regardless of the level of constructiveness or thought provocation.

NargilFenris #31 Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:04 AM

• 20 battles
Ok so for modules we have:
Top Left: ???
Top Right: Engine.
Bottom Left: Machine guns.
Bottom Right: Cannons.

FreeFOXMIKE #32 Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• Community Ace
  • 4795 battles
Great work   :Smile_great:

Plebian #33 Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 2 battles

View PostNargilFenris, on 05 March 2012 - 03:04 AM, said:

Ok so for modules we have:
Top Left: ???
Top Right: Engine.
Bottom Left: Machine guns.
Bottom Right: Cannons.

My assumptions based on observation:
  • Top Left: Fuel Tanks? (could also be a muffler, but that wouldnt make much sense right?)
  • Top Right: Engine (yup, that's a good ole' radial engine... no '?' needed.)
  • Bottom Left: Machine Guns? (I figured this is the cannon because it looks like an old pirate ship cannon "arrrgh!")
  • Bottom Right: Cannon? (longer thinner barrel than bottom left icon, looks like a Cobra/Apache gunship gun.)

Bottom icons might be in the wrong order. Logic says the larger caliber gun should be the cannon, but in-game shows it is definately the machine gun.

I do not recall suffering from gun related damage/failure except after an explosive death. But to be honest, Im usually dead after just one burst from a tier 10 so no real way of knowing for sure.

shiftyeyed #34 Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 182 battles

View PostPlebian, on 05 March 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

My assumptions based on observation:
  • Top Left: Fuel Tanks? (could also be a muffler, but that wouldnt make much sense right?)
  • Top Right: Engine (yup, that's a good ole' radial engine... no '?' needed.)
  • Bottom Left: Machine Guns? (I figured this is the cannon because it looks like an old pirate ship cannon "arrrgh!")
  • Bottom Right: Cannon? (longer thinner barrel than bottom left icon, looks like a Cobra/Apache gunship gun.)

Bottom icons might be in the wrong order. Logic says the larger caliber gun should be the cannon, but in-game shows it is definately the machine gun.

I do not recall suffering from gun related damage/failure except after an explosive death. But to be honest, Im usually dead after just one burst from a tier 10 so no real way of knowing for sure.
Ive noticed the damage when on fire and all are correct top left is the fuel tank(though just called tank)

NargilFenris #35 Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

• 20 battles
Ok wasn't sure if it was fuel tanks or something else. Almost looked like the little pouch I have seen pilots wear that drooped down to their mid section.

CdtWeasel #36 Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 46 battles
Only been an alpha tester 1 day now, so this manual helped me understand that basics I was making assumptions about.  Nice work.

Aggravator #37 Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:26 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 10 battles
Looks good. Nothing i didn't already know tho.  Might want to give it some more definition for those who don't have a clue about how to fly airplanes  :Smile_izmena:

nbmjhk6 #38 Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:51 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
Great job on the manual. :Smile_great:

JuStDaN #39 Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

Airman Basic

• Alpha tester
  • 3 battles
Champion!

Bremen68 #40 Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 11 battles
Nice read.  Well thought out and put together.  Someone should be able to follow thru and get a basic idea of how to fly easily.

:Smile_izmena:

"Insanity is only disturbing to those burdened with reality"

Also tagged with manual, instructions

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users