Get rid of the prototypes and jets.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

TheGhostCat #1 Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [LAMDA] LAMDA
I want planes. Real planes.  I know this isn't a ww2 game. But seriously - that's where the appeal is - that's where the market is.  Everytime I look at the tech tree I just shutter - the junk in tiers 8+  no thank you!  I will not be grinding those.
Uninstalled until game is back in beta.

LyssaG #2 Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

Eclectic Dragon

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
Some of those prototypes you are sneering at, were actually produced, but not in mass numbers.  So, in essence, they are real planes.

Jets, were in WWII, and therefore, given the historical era of the game, are appropriate.

That being said, I can personally do without the jets.

Member of DirtyDozen! www.dirtydozengaming.com/
Director of WoWp FRAG! ACE: F4U, Bf 110B, Bf 110E

TheGhostCat #3 Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [LAMDA] LAMDA
Oh I get that prototypes are 'real' planes.  And I wasn't 'sneering', I was commenting on how is a terrible terrible idea to have them in the game as key points (read tiers). The focus should be more around ww2, and around 'planes'. I don't want to grind up to a few hideous prototypes that didn't even seen combat, let along pass trails OR make any sense on paper.   At least in wot the german prototypes makes sense - but not here.

LyssaG #4 Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

Eclectic Dragon

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
I somewhat agree with you.  Though, it is nice to "fly" planes that no one else "ever has."  

I would say, it would have been better to populate with the "real planes" first, and then add the prototypes in later.

Member of DirtyDozen! www.dirtydozengaming.com/
Director of WoWp FRAG! ACE: F4U, Bf 110B, Bf 110E

Noreaga #5 Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
German tank prototypes were just as crazy and "didn't make sense" either, hence the reason many of them stayed as prototypes. I mean look at the "Elephant" panzerjager it was a complete failure, yet if i remember it was in WOT, not to be forgotten is the whole German arty line. In many cases a prototype was created in small numbers but with many problems found and fixed it ultimately lead to the mass produced versions of the planes we know and love. I personally find it great fun playing things that were the "big brother" of the the great planes, but i can see it might not be for everyone.

you know your welcome to not play the planes you don't like!

Cheers hope you find a plane you like
Noreaga

Nimis obnoxii curare

Heh #6 Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
So what can compete with the Sabre and Cutlass at tier 10 from the German side?
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

meth0d68 #7 Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6 battles
It's "World of Warplanes" not "World of WW2 Planes"

pyantoryng #8 Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2236 battles

View PostHeh, on 22 August 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

So what can compete with the Sabre and Cutlass at tier 10 from the German side?

Queue Garbadian complaint:

Spoiler                     

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

,,,the same "WWII focus" argument that happens when French Tanks and autoloaders were first introduced...although, this time around seem to stem from the OP's personal distaste for unreal prototype planes.

Here, it happen in German and Japanese trees...they lost the war, after all. What else can you do to fill up the tree? Making the 262 the German Tier X plane and leave their Tier X fighter piston?

Well, don't ask me, I've lived through a World War II FPS game where one of the generally used weapon is the M16A2...You are welcome to stay away from what you disdain - there are people who are interested on what can those prototypes do.

Spoiler                     

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

TheGhostCat #9 Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [LAMDA] LAMDA

View Postpyantoryng, on 22 August 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

Queue Garbadian complaint:

Spoiler                     

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+1 just for that. lol - can't stand that guy - he has no perception of game balance.

Heh #10 Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostTheGhostCat, on 22 August 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

+1 just for that. lol - can't stand that guy - he has no perception of game balance.

But he is one hell of a unicum.

petersleepy #11 Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

TnB Rights Activist

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA
Since WoT is also made by WG, you want the entire french line after tier 6 removed, half the german tanks, US tanks after tier 6, half the Chinese tanks, and several late tier soviet tanks to be removed?

"It's only game, why you heff to be mad?" ~Ilya Bryzgalov

LightningStriker911 #12 Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles

View PostTheGhostCat, on 22 August 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

Oh I get that prototypes are 'real' planes.  And I wasn't 'sneering', I was commenting on how is a terrible terrible idea to have them in the game as key points (read tiers). The focus should be more around ww2, and around 'planes'. I don't want to grind up to a few hideous prototypes that didn't even seen combat, let along pass trails OR make any sense on paper.   At least in wot the german prototypes makes sense - but not here.

Pls know your facts... WG said this game is not all about WW2 Planes. They're adding Planes that are from WW2- Korean War.

Member of FRAG

TheGhostCat #13 Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [LAMDA] LAMDA

View PostLightningStriker911, on 22 August 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

Pls know your facts... WG said this game is not all about WW2 Planes. They're adding Planes that are from WW2- Korean War.

I never said that - read my OP.

petersleepy #14 Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

TnB Rights Activist

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View PostTheGhostCat, on 22 August 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

I never said that - read my OP.
In your OP, you said

View PostTheGhostCat, on 22 August 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

I want planes. Real planes.  I know this isn't a ww2 game. But seriously - that's where the appeal is - that's where the market is.  Everytime I look at the tech tree I just shutter - the junk in tiers 8+  no thank you!  I will not be grinding those.
Which is essentially saying, "I know this ins't a WW2 game, but make it a WW2 game."

"It's only game, why you heff to be mad?" ~Ilya Bryzgalov

Bogie_with_Stu #15 Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [K_O_S] K_O_S
Youre a troll. Your thread title shows that. "get rid of the jets"?

While I agree that in the early stages there were too many "non-realistic" planes...it has gotten much better.  The recent addition of the new USSR planes made it even better. Tier 8-10 are the toughest, so I expect that to take the longest. There may be licensing fee issues with the more modern planes as well....so WG will need to start making a profit on the game before using them.

This was never meant to be a "prop plane only" game and never will be. Just stay below tier 8 and have a ball.

I dont really get your beef. 90% of the planes here are "real". ALL of the one's YOU fly are real. The game is still in Beta. What is your problem exactly?

TheGhostCat #16 Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [LAMDA] LAMDA

View Postzen1360, on 22 August 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

Youre a troll. Your thread title shows that. "get rid of the jets"?

While I agree that in the early stages there were too many "non-realistic" planes...it has gotten much better.  The recent addition of the new USSR planes made it even better. Tier 8-10 are the toughest, so I expect that to take the longest. There may be licensing fee issues with the more modern planes as well....so WG will need to start making a profit on the game before using them.

This was never meant to be a "prop plane only" game and never will be. Just stay below tier 8 and have a ball.

I dont really get your beef. 90% of the planes here are "real". ALL of the one's YOU fly are real. The game is still in Beta. What is your problem exactly?

Really guy? I'm the troll?

I love this forum - you just just go after anyone whose not drooling blindly over every WG does.

This this 'community'.

Jets are simply a bad idea.

Heh #17 Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostTheGhostCat, on 22 August 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Really guy? I'm the troll?

I love this forum - you just just go after anyone whose not drooling blindly over every WG does.

This this 'community'.

Jets are simply a bad idea.

Oh yes, jets totally weren't part of WWII. Just look at the famous Me 262, Meteor, Vampire, P-80 and FJ-1 propeller planes.

Bogie_with_Stu #18 Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [K_O_S] K_O_S
When you start a thread that you KNOW will be divisive, serve no purpose but to allow you to vent your specific issues, and is based on incorrect ideas to begin with....yup, that is trolling.

I have a question though. You claim a majority of the forum members are "in the tank" for WG (paraphrasing here), and that we attack anyone who says negative things about them or the game development, yes?

What is wrong with that? I am here to HELP WG provide a great game, that will make them millions of dollars in profits. I support them in any way I can in order to make that happen, which includes criticism (but not bashing) and suggestions. When you bash the game or the company who made it, expect to get bashed back by those of us who like the game and the company. That is a pretty natural reaction.

If your post was worded differently, with a different tone....yet said exactly the same thing, this could have been a thoughtful discussion. Instead you chose to complain and throw rocks.

Pinko_Zinko #19 Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles

View Postmeth0d68, on 22 August 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

It's "World of Warplanes" not "World of WW2 Planes"

I see it like this. I like the variety. Also, I would be sad if there was no ME 262.

rwspears #20 Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

View PostTheGhostCat, on 22 August 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

Personally I hope the game evolves into the Vietnam and Desert Shield/Storm eras. F22 here I come. would prolly cost 500Mil or 1.2 Billion Credits but hey they were expensive. However if they did keep adding more jets then the maps need to quadruple in size for sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users