IKARUS 452 M

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Komadant #1 Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [MCHNR] MCHNR
The Ikarus 452 was an experimental jet aircraft built in Yugoslavia in 1953. It was a stubby mid-wing cantilever monoplane of pod-and-boom configuration, with twin jets mounted one atop the other at the rear of the fuselage nacelle, with separate intakes for the lower engine (in the wing roots) and the upper engine (on the sides of the rear fuselage). The twin tails and horizontal stabiliser were carried at the ends of booms that extended rearwards from the wings, with a short fin extending from the top of the rear fuselage to also meet the stabiliser. The flying surfaces were sharply swept, and construction throughout was of an experimental alloy.

Flight testing was carried out from mid 1953, with experience from the programme providing a basis for the production of the Soko Galeb.
Posted Image

It was a single seat jet aircraft with swept wings with a span of 5,20m only and 5,95mlength. After the T-451 it was the second jet aircraft to be developed in Yugoslavia. The first of two prototypes had its maiden flight on 24th July 1953. The 452M was seen as apredesign to a ground attack, which was planned to be used as high speed recconnaissance aircraft, too. The small dimensions were the results of military and eccomical demands.
The full metal aircraft had a swept twin-boom tail attached to the center wing. The tailplane was further attached to the fuselage with a fin. The two Turboméca Palas engines with 1,6kN thrust each were installed one above the other in the rear fuselage. The intakes of the lower engine were positioned in the wing roots, those of the upper engine behind the cockpit.
Posted Image
Posted Image
General characteristics
    Crew: One pilot
    Length: 5.97 m (19 ft 7 in)
    Wingspan: 5.25 m (17 ft 2 in)
    Height: 1.77 m (5 ft 9 in)
    Gross weight: 1,100 kg (2,420 lb)
    Powerplant: 2 × Turboméca Palas 056A, 1.5 kN (330 lbf) thrust each

Performance
    Maximum speed: 780 km/h (466 mph)
    Endurance: 1 hours  15 min
Posted Image

"Svako se za nesto rodi, a mi smo se rodili za pilote - imali smo sve potrebno - odvažnost, borbenost, spretnost i bili smo vitezovi" - Đorđe Stojanović
WoWP Serbian Team Leader

Tiger_23 #2 Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
beautiful model , modern model to 1953 :)

Komadant #3 Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [MCHNR] MCHNR
@Tiger_23 yes very beautiful model ..

"Svako se za nesto rodi, a mi smo se rodili za pilote - imali smo sve potrebno - odvažnost, borbenost, spretnost i bili smo vitezovi" - Đorđe Stojanović
WoWP Serbian Team Leader

Goodse #4 Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
Interesting but they will never add this in-game.  :Smile_sceptic:

Komadant #5 Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [MCHNR] MCHNR

View PostGoodse, on 24 February 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

Interesting but they will never add this in-game.  :Smile_sceptic:

well it says in forum Aviation of 1930-1950s :) this plane is from 1953:),but anyway its a beautiful airplane and i could stop myself posting it in forum:).. i could do all modeling for serbian/yugoslav airplanes if they dont have time but...:) there is always but:)..

cheers

WoWP Serbian Team Leader

Tiger_23 #6 Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostKomadant, on 25 February 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

well it says in forum Aviation of 1930-1950s :) this plane is from 1953:),but anyway its a beautiful airplane and i could stop myself posting it in forum:).. i could do all modeling for serbian/yugoslav airplanes if they dont have time but...:) there is always but:)..

cheers
I hope they add the Ikarus in game  :Smile_honoring:

Komadant #7 Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [MCHNR] MCHNR

View PostTiger_23, on 25 February 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

I hope they add the Ikarus in game  :Smile_honoring:

well im hoping they will add complete tech tree that i posted:) and better Ikarus  J451MM Hornet Couse this 542M was only experimental or predecessor to this one
Posted Image

cheers

WoWP Serbian Team Leader

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users