Working Joystick.xml for version 0.5.1

joystick

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

Ragnar_Lothbrok #41 Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

When I was trying to help beta test this game, I found the mouse / KB to cumbersome. I tried using my CH Pro yoke and pedals, but had so much difficulty trying to set it up that I just gave up on WoWP altogether. This saddens me as it seems to be an amazing game. 

Has anyone else had any luck with the CH Pro yoke and pedals? I use these in MSFS and they're great controls.

Any suggestions or help would be most welcome. Keyboards are just fine in WoT, but in a flying game, it's just no fun.

Thanks

-Paul-

Countjimula #42 Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:46 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • [EGR] EGR

I do not have the CH Yoke, but I have the Fighterstick, throttle and pedals.  

Use the CH software to help setup the controllers.

I have the foot pedal breaks completely disabled (go to the CH software and select none)

Beyond that it works fine, it can be a challenge sometimes, but it is far more fun that any other controller setup I have used.

HEAVEYGEAR #43 Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 677 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostAnuSuaraj_CRO, on 20 August 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

Joystick.xml tested to work in 0.5.1. with both Logitech and Thrustmaster joysticks (it should work well with most brands actually)...
The sensitivity has been in use by many players on the EU server for a while now and it significantly improves joystick performance (read:kills :P).
Just copy paste into your "C:\Windows\UserName\Appdata\Roaming\wargaming.net\World_of_Warplanes\" folder...
Any feedback is welcome.
Gracias.

Thanks for the info. I'm actually able to use my joystick now! (3D Pro) I've made some small changes in the arcs, and so far so good. Mind you, I'm only doing this with the GA line at the moment. (baby steps)

Good work!!!:great:

I've knocked on death's door.....no one answered.....I don't complain much anymore.

Me.

Kodranger #44 Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2268 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Does this joystick mod still work since the game has gone live?  I've been having a heck of a time getting my JS curves adjusted.

Kodranger

HEAVEYGEAR #45 Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 677 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
Yes, I downloaded this after the game went live.

I've knocked on death's door.....no one answered.....I don't complain much anymore.

Me.

Leadfoot77 #46 Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:00 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Hi, I'm sure I must be doing something wrong... I downloaded the joystick.xml file Dr Sinister posted and replaced the one in the appdata area as specified.  However, every time I start the game up, it seems like the game replaces joystick.xml with some other one becuase when I do a diff on it against the DrSinister one there are a lot of differences (including only 3 points in the axis settings where his has a bunch) and I also see that curves as straight, like default, in the game.  Anybody know what could be going on here?  I have a Saitek X52 and the game settings shows joystick type as "Personal".  Any help is greatly appreciated because I am having serious control problems!! ;)

Tom_Voke #47 Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1 battle

View PostLeadfoot77, on 06 December 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

Hi, I'm sure I must be doing something wrong... I downloaded the joystick.xml file Dr Sinister posted and replaced the one in the appdata area as specified.  However, every time I start the game up, it seems like the game replaces joystick.xml with some other one becuase when I do a diff on it against the DrSinister one there are a lot of differences (including only 3 points in the axis settings where his has a bunch) and I also see that curves as straight, like default, in the game.  Anybody know what could be going on here?  I have a Saitek X52 and the game settings shows joystick type as "Personal".  Any help is greatly appreciated because I am having serious control problems!! ;)

Confirmed. The game overwrites the joystick.xml file. I have the logitech 3d extreme pro.

Why does the game overwrite the joystick.xml file and how do I counter that?

Thanks.

***Edit   And now the problem disappeared and what i put in stays there. How odd.

Edited by Vowk, 13 December 2013 - 12:47 AM.

MoWhiskey #48 Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

Senior Airman

• 56 battles
It still reverts to old file on mine, any suggestions?????

olemisspipe #49 Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:06 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [D_2] D_2
set up go is there a joy stick or game pad like a x box :unsures:

olemisspipe #50 Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:12 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [D_2] D_2

I have a Logitech extreme 3 d pro x3d .it did work .now it half word  is there a mouse are joy stick .this no hard to use  heip

olemisspipe #51 Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:13 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [D_2] D_2
is there mouse that work like a joy stick

DrSinister #52 Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postolemisspipe, on 19 January 2014 - 12:13 AM, said:

is there mouse that work like a joy stick

IIRC Vector is the Carrot on a string which suppose to work like a joystick but with a mouse.

Also tagged with joystick

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users