(Tier III ) I-15 DM-2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

pyantoryng #61 Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2150 battles

View PostMieter, on 04 December 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Is it bad that since I'm so used to the bombs under the wings of the American carrier-based fighters, occasionally I keep pressing space to try to drop the ramjet engines on the DM2? :izmena:

lolz

The I-15's upgraded airframe is actually the I-15bis...it looks totally identical to the DM-2, sans the ramjet, of course.

So...if we can jettison the DM-2...it will become...

Spoiler                     

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Krazy_Ivan_CCCP #62 Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:56 AM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [WITAF] WITAF

Ehem... I've gotten 8 kills in low tier german twin engine planes as well. I consistently get better results from every battle in german twins. 

The I-15 DM is a excellent plane though it is not superior to any. If I had a clone of myself flying my FW-57 and I was flying the I-15 DM in a 1v1 match, there is no way the I-15 would win. Hands down. The FW-57 can fly away and fight on its own terms or even take out GA's and fly into orbit. 

I regularly get a few kills in the I-15 DM. It is a very aggressive plane that excels in furballs with no one paying attention to you. Though more often than not, if more than one plane is paying attention to you, your 75hp will be gone in a hurry.

The 8 kill game I posted a screen shot of was due to a mixture of enemy lack of skill and picking people off of my friends 6's.

buckshotbarlow #63 Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:50 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles
DM-2 is damn near perfect. Fast and hard hitting. This guy fights from the back, and never from the front. Get high, wait for the rammers to get out of the way, then move in for a great K2D ratio. I got my first russian ace badge with this thing. Anyone having issues with this plane needs to re-evaluate their play style. Best analogy to this plane is the hellcat or panther in WoT. You come out of nowhere and jack the hell out of a red player then move on to the next while maneuvering out of their line of fire...WoWP's got this plane right, and thank you for the tremendous gift!!!

Krazy_Ivan_CCCP #64 Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:08 AM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [WITAF] WITAF

I'm just going to leave this here.

Mieter #65 Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-
Lol, Ivan, now face the consequences of your actions, I'm sure Von_Blaster is right around the corner now! :tongue:
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... and when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
/F. Nietzsche/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users