Planes.NoobMeter.com - statistics for WOWP

noobmeter noobmeter statistics statistics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
118 replies to this topic

NoobMeter #1 Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:08 AM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
We just launched a very early version of support for World of Warplanes on:

http://planes.noobmeter.com/

It doesn't do nearly as much as http://tanks.noobmeter.com/ does for World of Tanks, but I have every intention to get it there (as much as features and data available from WG permit) :).

For now I'd like to start the discussion on development of some sort of performance rating for WoWP - I'm open to your ideas.

Also, if you see any defects or think of any improvements for http://planes.noobmeter.com/ , please drop me a private message! Thanks!

TheGreenTank #2 Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 2711 battles
Cool!

I just wonder how on earth anyone is going to figure out WoWp 'efficiency' ratings...individual statistics can be so fluid and different from player to player. Though, I guess in the realm of statistical averages, anything can happen.

TheGreenTank #3 Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:12 AM

• Alpha tester
  • 2711 battles
Also, apparently there's only 5 players on the NA server with more than 1000 battles? Lol

Yeah yeah, I'm sure that's just a quirk of the statistics wiping - once full release happens & statistics start over, and players start getting more than 1000 battles, this will really start to flesh out, so to speak.

JarethG #4 Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

Eclectic Dragon

• Community Ace
  • 234 battles
Thanks for this!

Member of DirtyDozen! www.dirtydozengaming.com/
Director of WoWp FRAG! ACE: F4U, Bf 110B, Bf 110E

NoobMeter #5 Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles

View PostTheGreenTank, on 10 August 2013 - 07:12 AM, said:

Also, apparently there's only 5 players on the NA server with more than 1000 battles? Lol

Yeah yeah, I'm sure that's just a quirk of the statistics wiping - once full release happens & statistics start over, and players start getting more than 1000 battles, this will really start to flesh out, so to speak.

Well, it is only those who have used NoobMeter so far. Also, I should probably lower the 1000 battle limit for WoWP, at least for now.

jaggaaff #6 Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

Master Sergeant

• 15 battles
the NoobMeter only rates on total not current I've sucked in my past times in WoT

Sandman1969 #7 Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3850 battles
I was waiting for this.
Need to add those same line graphs like in the tanks version that shows your wr, damage dealt etc.

petersleepy #8 Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

TnB Rights Activist

• Community Ace
  • 654 battles

"It's only game, why you heff to be mad?" ~Ilya Bryzgalov

pyantoryng #9 Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5473 battles
Oh great...the statistics warfare will erupt anytime soon...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

dmarsha9 #10 Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4437 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 10 August 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

Oh great...the statistics warfare will erupt anytime soon...

All we need now is XVM WOWP edition

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

pyantoryng #11 Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5473 battles

View Postdmarsha9, on 10 August 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

As more people come here to WoWP...that'll be a real possibility.

Right now the player number barely exceed a single thousand...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

PanzerXO #12 Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7 battles

View PostNoobMeter, on 10 August 2013 - 06:08 AM, said:

We just launched a very early version of support for World of Warplanes on:
For now I'd like to start the discussion on development of some sort of performance rating for WoWP - I'm open to your ideas.
Congrats!
What type of information are you able to pull?  If we knew that, we could help you better.
The hard part will be comparing GA to other play.  Kind of like the scout problem in WOT.  At least GA damage to GTs is direct damage (and reported) unlike Damage Upon Detecting in WOT.
It may be:
Fighters ~ Damage - Airkills - w/r - GTKills ... other stuff
GA ~ GTKills - Airkills - w/r - damage ... other stuff

Edited by PanzerXO, 10 August 2013 - 02:43 PM.

View PostRosebud, on , said:

...By flying into the middle you are boldly stating that you are a noob and haven’t learned your lesson yet.
ROSEBUD

BitterClinger #13 Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3678 battles
NoobMeter is definitely an interesting site, and it does seem to be broadly indicative of battlefield performance (at least for Tanks). I'm closing in on 1000 battles in Tanks and my statistics would appear to suggest that I'm improving overall. I've found it quite useful in Tanks because winning in that game is MUCH more of a team effort than in Warplanes, which makes Win Rate a very fuzzy indicator of personal skill.

It will be interesting to see how the NoobMeter site shakes out for Warplanes. I'm one of those pilots with over 1000 battles in Warplanes, and the statistics seem to mirror the standard Community page; but it's looking good so far.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

BitterClinger #14 Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3678 battles

View PostPanzerXO, on 10 August 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

Congrats!

What type of information are you able to pull?  If we knew that, we could help you better.

It looks like he is just screen-scraping the Community stats page at the moment. I posted a suggestion for a Warplanes API that could be accessed programmatically back in CBT. I don't know if that's what they have for Tanks, but NoobMeter has a lot more info than is available on the standard Community page.

PanzerXO #15 Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7 battles

View PostBitterClinger, on 10 August 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

NoobMeter is definitely an interesting site, and it does seem to be broadly indicative of battlefield performance (at least for Tanks).  ...

It looks like he is just screen-scraping the Community stats page at the moment. I posted a suggestion for a Warplanes API that could be accessed programmatically back in CBT. I don't know if that's what they have for Tanks, but NoobMeter has a lot more info than is available on the standard Community page.

I agree; I've been a fan of his site for some time.  Also appreciate that he is responsive to player concerns / input (had several exchanges on WOT issues).

I use the tool as a self-assessment, personal improvement tool.  I think that should be our focus here; rather than just trying to build (help him build) an e-peen stroking gel.

So in my post above, I made a slight suggestion of what I think is probably important (stat wise) for player skill determination / contribution towards a win.

I think we should start there; I have no games in GA, so I'm not exactly sure if that's what is the key to victory / contributing to victory.  Similarly, if other's have ideas (similar / different) from mine on what is important on fighters, and whether noobmeter needs to separate HF from the other fighters or not...

...By flying into the middle you are boldly stating that you are a noob and haven’t learned your lesson yet.
ROSEBUD

petersleepy #16 Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

TnB Rights Activist

• Community Ace
  • 654 battles

View Postdmarsha9, on 10 August 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Xvm can actually be a very useful tool in wowp, because wowp is so much more skill based. You can easily judge how useful someone is on your team just based on their win rate.

"It's only game, why you heff to be mad?" ~Ilya Bryzgalov

jeffreyac #17 Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 470 battles
OK, I don't want to start a flame war in here - just a thought, see what people think....

...do you want to have something in there about team kills? a TK to death ratio, or average TK per match?

I honestly don't know if it'd be necessary or in any way helpful - it occurs to me this would let you see folks who...  uh...  maybe weren't as careful as others, but I don't know if it's really a big enough deal to be worth it.

NoobMeter #18 Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles

View PostSandman1969, on 10 August 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

I was waiting for this.
Need to add those same line graphs like in the tanks version that shows your wr, damage dealt etc.

WR and XP graphs are there, just they need more data points to draw for your profile. Others need more data from WG.

NoobMeter #19 Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles

View Postpetersleepy, on 10 August 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Yes, but unfortunately it is limited in the data it has from WG :/.

View PostPanzerXO, on 10 August 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

What type of information are you able to pull?

Pretty much only: Winrate, XP, Kills, Ground kills, assists.

I see that the in-game profiles have "damage caused to aircraft" and "damage caused to ground targets" but it is not in website stats.

View PostBitterClinger, on 10 August 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

Yep, the API for WoT has slightly more information than WoT website, but for WoWP I'm just screen-scraping the WoWP website profiles and those are even more limited.

PanzerXO #20 Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7 battles
Has WOT still not released data for Damage Upon Detecting?
I'd like to see a "Last 500" games thing like you did with WOT (Last 500, here, b/c so few have more than a 1000 games).  Eventually, Last 1000, but you know, some sort of measure of recent performance.
In this game, very many people are going to come in, have terrible initial stats due to the steep learning curve (coupled with needing to get used to the various control schemes), then get better as time goes on.

Edited by PanzerXO, 10 August 2013 - 08:56 PM.

ROSEBUD