La-7 - does it shoot above its crosshair circle?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

PanzerXO #1 Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:30 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Just got this plane - only flown a few battles in it (and I like it) - but I think I've noticed something strange.

Instead of shooting into the aiming circle (sniper mode) it seems to shoot above it.

Anyone else seeing this?

View PostRosebud, on , said:

...By flying into the middle you are boldly stating that you are a noob and haven’t learned your lesson yet.
ROSEBUD

JDMFreakz #2 Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 106 battles
same with the La-5 if you noticed it

PanzerXO #3 Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I did not really notice it on the La-5...  but it is dramatically noticeable on the La-7.

If this is the case; its a bug - in sniper mode, the bullets should vary off the center of the aiming circle - not some unknown point above it.

...By flying into the middle you are boldly stating that you are a noob and haven’t learned your lesson yet.
ROSEBUD

Haswell #4 Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Alpha tester
  • 125 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO
The sniper mode camera is aligned to the center of the engine hub. As you might have noticed, the cannons on the La-5 are mounted in the cowling above the hub.

WoWP Supertest Coordinator (NA Region) - Volunteer

PanzerXO #5 Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostHaswell, on 10 August 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

The sniper mode camera is aligned to the center of the engine hub. As you might have noticed, the cannons on the La-5 are mounted in the cowling above the hub.
This is what I was looking for (camera info, as I knew the cannon location)...  What is odd, is how this differs from the way planes were actually set up.  A gun would be aligned to cross the crosshairs* of the plane at a given range.  Multiple guns would be aimed so that their trajectories crossed at that location (say 400 - 600 m) to ensure the pilot could put the most projectiles on the target at optimal range.
It makes little sense to have crosshairs (or an aiming circle) on the camera that is irrelevant to the location / direction / centerpoint of the spray of rounds shot by the player.  They've effectively rendered the crosshairs useless by doing this.
*An imaginary line drawn from the pilot through the crosshairs through the intersection with the various weapons...

Edited by PanzerXO, 10 August 2013 - 06:25 PM.

ROSEBUD

PtoIemy #6 Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [TBWC] TBWC
I agree same problem in the La-5 and the La-7... currently you need to lead the target a bit more than normal.

PanzerXO #7 Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I'll tell you, I love this plane; but you have to be dead on accurate with it.  No appreciable spread and good burst damage.

It can be frustrating at times (see above) but I've done better with it stock than I did with my F2G stock.

ROSEBUD

jethro11 #8 Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 27 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I have noticed that too.  The bullets go above the aiming circle on the La-7.  I didn't really notice with the La-5, but it's huge on the La-7.  Makes it a bit harder to play

jethro11 #9 Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 27 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
it's also seems worse to me with the top guns.  The 20's didn't seem to be off asmuch

OnboardG1 #10 Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles
I've actually noticed this in varying degrees on any aircraft with cowling mounted guns. You have to aim markedly above a target in a tailchase when flying a 262 for instance. Drove me screwy till I worked it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users