Graphic Corruption and Lock Up

bug corruption

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

TRIAD4evr #1 Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:14 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
I got some sort of "out of memory" error while playing probably my fifth or sixth game in a sitting. I recently reduced to "Low" graphics setting from "Medium" due to frequent ATI-related crashes- that seemed to help. The instructions on the crash said I should send a log, so here it is. Also, the log is too large without zipping, so I hope zipping it is okay.

Attached Files

Mercsn #2 Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:41 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostTRIAD4evr, on 08 August 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

I got some sort of "out of memory" error while playing probably my fifth or sixth game in a sitting. I recently reduced to "Low" graphics setting from "Medium" due to frequent ATI-related crashes- that seemed to help. The instructions on the crash said I should send a log, so here it is. Also, the log is too large without zipping, so I hope zipping it is okay.
Hi!  First, you will want to upload the log files to a Customer Service ticket (as customer service and tech support do not usually reply to or troll the forums) here:  http://forum.worldof...692#entry211692
Second, 32 bit windows users with 4gig ram often have this problem, including a guy I fly with alot and we've been able to mostly fix his, see thread for possible workaround here:  http://forum.worldof...930#entry254930
If this helps you, or if it doesn't, please post up in that thread as this may give the devs an idea where to look for the problem.
Welcome to the game, thanks for posting in the forums and hopefully your game experience gets better!  Fighting the enemy is bad enough, fighting tech issues is even worse!
EDIT:  Also, regarding your ATI related crashes, make sure you vid card drivers are up to date with the most recent non-beta version.  There was a post recently from WG regarding a certain chip manufacturer and it's related crashes but I can't find the post or remember which chip it was.  I think it was AMD though, as I have intel and remember not being too concerned with the post.  If you are running and AMD chip with ATI graphics tech support will be able to help you, if that was part of the problem, when you upload your dxdiag file to them, throught the customer service ticket instructions I posted above.

Edited by Mercsn, 08 August 2013 - 07:05 AM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

TRIAD4evr #3 Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:24 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Understood. I have submitted a ticket and looked at the workaround.

TRIAD4evr #4 Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Nope, still happened after about seven games with me going to the hangar between each one and not sticking around for fan-cam. I am running an ATI (Radeon HD 5700) card and my processor is AMD.

Stieger #5 Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Heres another graphic corruption just happened.

Attached Thumbnails

Mercsn #6 Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
I've had one like that in my hangar on a plane.  It's from my vid drivers being a beta (the newest) version for my GPU.  I'm sure going back to whatever the newest non-beta or newest WHQL driver would fix that.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

DrachenFury #7 Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View PostTRIAD4evr, on 08 August 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

It's not just systems running ATI hardware experiencing this issue.  I run dual NVIDIA cards and have experienced similar lock-ups (and yes I have the most recent drivers for my cards).  I did submit a ticket and it's a known bug that WG says they are working on it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users