LaGG-3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

petersleepy #21 Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

TnB Rights Activist

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA
I have 100 some battles, 75% win rate, about 3 kills per game.

Yes, devs, PLZ BUFF MOAR!!!!!

"It's only game, why you heff to be mad?" ~Ilya Bryzgalov

GrumpyReign #22 Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 346 battles
anecdotal: i don't recall ever feeling disadvantaged in the LaGG-3.
I am welcomed in the home of ravens and other scavengers in the wake of warriors.
I am friend to carrion crows and wolves.
I am carry me and kill with me and die with me where the road ends.
I am not the honeyed promise of length of life in years to come,
I am the iron promise of never being a slave.

Bandet #23 Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:43 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Every time i come up against someone in this plane, he keeps jumping around so I can't hit him, like there is some sort of problem with his connection.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

pyantoryng #24 Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:30 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1469 battles

View PostBandet, on 21 August 2013 - 02:43 AM, said:

Every time i come up against someone in this plane, he keeps jumping around so I can't hit him, like there is some sort of problem with his connection.

That's the LaGG, alright...

...too bad Lavochkin took it upon himself to make his later models (I think one Mr. G remained in the creation of the early La-5, making it a LaG), so no more protection via LaGG...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

fizzer82 #25 Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [AR_15] AR_15

View PostAudesy, on 05 August 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

I whole heartedly apologize for this post. The lagg-3 is a very fun aircraft. And despite what a few of you have said about the 37mm, it's remarkable in the sense that you don't actually lose airspeed. You only lose climb rate hence why you lose a little in "speed" score. This plane is not a simple one to master but its role as a bomber interceptor and boom and zoom fighter is incredible. I'm enjoying this plane a lot now and thank you for your feed back.
I run a fully upgraded setup with a single 12.7mm and the 37mm. It's more than enough firepower and light enough to outrun and avoid most tier 5's. I can't help but to smile when I completely annihilate a tier 4 fighter effortlessly in a single pass.  :teethhappy:

I've just recently got the LaGG fully upgraded and am enjoying this same setup.  If you're an accurate shooter with good trigger discipline, its the way to go.  Still fast enough to BnZ and maneuverable enough to outturn other BnZers.  Its very similar to the XFL-1 which I strangely enjoy, but a higer ROF with the derp gun.  If you can connect with the XFL-1, popping most enemies in one pass with the LaGG is a breeze.

Aes_Sidhe #26 Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I just got It and Man I not a Greatest Pilot I'm Playng recklesly in Beta sometimes just to get tokens but I never had so bad experience with Planes... like i have with LaGG... I lost my 4 first Battles...  and 3 more from my 9 count on that plane so far...And mys stats says a lot about How i cannot hadle that plane:

Lavochkin LaGG-3  9battles 22%win rate  2 aircraf down per battle 0 ground targets per battle...

bu After Reading This Tread I see Things I did wrong so I will decide give it a chance... ( I Already had in Mind just to skip it after release using Fee Xp and go Directly to La-5)

Well This and first Zero was planes i disliked a most....

Aes_Sidhe #27 Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Oh well... I Tried.... really... No Fracking way I will play that Plane after release... sold it.... trying USSR GA line before beta end have way more fun in those than in this piece of Timber Crap... I really hope La-5 is worthy going thru that nightmare.... Spening Free XP in live to pass it :-/

Ishmar #28 Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO

Aes_Sidhe
Posted Today, 09:34 AM
Oh well... I Tried.... really... No Fracking way I will play that Plane after release... sold it.... trying USSR GA line before beta end have way more fun in those than in this piece of Timber Crap... I really hope La-5 is worthy going thru that nightmare.... Spening Free XP in live to pass it :-/

You'll be saving for a while then since free xp will not be shared between WoT and WoWP, at least at release and the foreseeable future, and everything will be wiped upon release with the exception of certain premium planes that have yet to be released, and kill markings.

"They're just plane bullies!" - ************

Aes_Sidhe #29 Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostIshmar, on 18 September 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

You'll be saving for a while then since free xp will not be shared between WoT and WoWP, at least at release and the foreseeable future, and everything will be wiped upon release with the exception of certain premium planes that have yet to be released, and kill markings.
Buying Heavy package.... 8000 gold give me a lot of Free XP ;) 200k to be exact...

Ishmar #30 Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO

Aes_Sidhe
Posted Today, 05:17 PM
Buying Heavy package.... 8000 gold give me a lot of Free XP ;) 200k to be exact...

Gotcha, well enjoy it!  I'll be hoarding my gold after purchasing hangar slots and a few premiums.

"They're just plane bullies!" - ************

SystemRename336 #31 Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles

The I-16(L) was a sheer pleasure to fly, imo. It was a rude awakening to tier-up and be the whipping boy of the skys. This plane doesn’t do anything well. It can’t dogfight. It seems to be out climbed by everything.  I guess based on some the responses above it can hit and run well, if fully upgraded. I can’t get enough altitude to hit and run. I’m so frustrated with it, I just wanta grind it out to get to the next tier.  Upgrading it seems counterproductive for the cost.

I’m open to suggestions. The only thing I’ve had any success with is tailing attack aircrafts and pounding them 1% at a time.  

pyantoryng #32 Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1469 battles

You don't play turnfighters as dedicated boom and zoom. The ShVAK cannons offer plenty of punch and unlike your contemporary, you pack 1800RPM MGs, cannons with great velocity, while remaining relatively maneuverable.  Learn to evade BnZ and hopefully get them as they are forced down low.

Trying to play things like I-16L as BnZ is like abandoning the strength in maneuvering while retaining heavy firepower and using its weakness - vertical performance and poor energy characterstics to fight.your enemies. Entice and force your enemies into turnfight and use that better turning ability to put your cannons and the ripper machine guns into the enemies' front. Remember that Polikarpov fighters does not perform even remotely well vertically, so avoid going vertical as much as you can. And remove rockets if you have them - they only weigh you down.

I'm using A6M1 ATM - no vertical performance, slow roll rate, and not a decent machine gun - just the turning power and low velocity, slow firing cannons to go around.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

LtCodeGunner #33 Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

Senior Airman

• 7 battles

After 63 Battles in the Lagg-3 with a win rate of just over 60% with more kills and assists that I care to remember I really have to disagree with the people that say that it is underpowered and outmatched.  My current configuration the upgraded airframe and the M-105PF engine with the 23mm hub cannon and the 2 50 cal wing synchronized and the 2 7.62 synchronized machine guns.  This is an awesome plane I can tear tails off of other fighters and skywhales relatively easily.  I love this plane and can't wait to see what the future holds for me in this plane.

CodeGunner

Proud Member of -AK- Armored Knights We're Looking For A Few Good Pilots So Stop On By!

Tuesdaysgone #34 Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:56 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
It's a flying anvil. 

"Virgil Caine is my name, and I served on the Danville train"
Not Scared to play SOLO!

JDMFreakz #35 Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 106 battles

View PostTuesdaysgone, on 04 January 2014 - 03:56 AM, said:

It's a flying anvil. 

its a Lakirovanny Garantirovanny Grob (лакированный гарантированный гроб)

aka the varnished guaranteed coffin.

oldkye #36 Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostJDMFreakz, on 04 January 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

its a Lakirovanny Garantirovanny Grob (лакированный гарантированный гроб)

aka the varnished guaranteed coffin.

You just cause a whole Google escapade lol, that nickname is amazing(guess it was also called "Mortician's Friend" lol) that just made me want one ^.^,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users