chat flightchat hangarchat weopons weaponbug chat bug

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Toggle #1 Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:38 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4579 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I've been fighting these two problems for quite some time but keep forgetting to post about them.  Today they made me so angry I cursed out loud, scaring the hell out of both the misses and the family pet.

The first and most significant is the weapons bug.  In battle when sending a stream of fire down range for the enemy aircraft to fly through, the guns stop firing with the first impact or when the plane passes in front of the pip.  I'm not sure which.  This seems to be the biggest problem at close range.  I am assuming it is because far range the rounds are already sent before the guns stop firing.

The second is the chat.  Not the voice chat.  We are all aware of the VC problems.  I'm talking about the text chat, both private message and flight chat.  Countless times I've been typing away at the keyboard only to have the screen change and wipe out everything I've had typed.  This happens when going from Hangar to the battle queue, from the queue to the battle count down, and if you play your cards right, you can lose another message when you go from the countdown to the battle map.
I really like the ability to chat and flight chat but the current chat is pitiful and needs some serious attention.

The third is the hangar chat.  Since the introduction of the multi channel hangar chat, nobody is in there.  I can post a message, do a battle, and return to the hangar and my message the last post.  Prior to the multi channel hangar chat when you logged on, chat was open and there was a LOT of discussion about the game, battles, mods, (WG) frequented the chat and most of all, there was help for the FNG's  My experience with the new and improved multi channel chat is less than favorable.  I rarely (maybe once a week if bored) ever look in it anymore.

Jiri_Starrider #2 Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 3 battles
  • [TB] TB

View PostToggle, on 02 August 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

I've been fighting these two problems for quite some time but keep forgetting to post about them.  Today they made me so angry I cursed out loud, scaring the hell out of both the misses and the family pet.

The first and most significant is the weapons bug.  In battle when sending a stream of fire down range for the enemy aircraft to fly through, the guns stop firing with the first impact or when the plane passes in front of the pip.  I'm not sure which.  This seems to be the biggest problem at close range.  I am assuming it is because far range the rounds are already sent before the guns stop firing.

The second is the chat.  Not the voice chat.  We are all aware of the VC problems.  I'm talking about the text chat, both private message and flight chat.  Countless times I've been typing away at the keyboard only to have the screen change and wipe out everything I've had typed.  This happens when going from Hangar to the battle queue, from the queue to the battle count down, and if you play your cards right, you can lose another message when you go from the countdown to the battle map.
I really like the ability to chat and flight chat but the current chat is pitiful and needs some serious attention.

The third is the hangar chat.  Since the introduction of the multi channel hangar chat, nobody is in there.  I can post a message, do a battle, and return to the hangar and my message the last post.  Prior to the multi channel hangar chat when you logged on, chat was open and there was a LOT of discussion about the game, battles, mods, (WG) frequented the chat and most of all, there was help for the FNG's  My experience with the new and improved multi channel chat is less than favorable.  I rarely (maybe once a week if bored) ever look in it anymore.

Haven't noticed one.

Game chat is, um.... ya, primitive ain't the word. WoT used to have the issues with chat clearing on transition from countdown to start, hopefully WoWP can snake some of the code, until they bring chat up to this millenniums standards anyway (you are upgrading chat right WG? RIGHT?)

Hanger chat aside from it's primitiveness as well (seriously guys, rightclick on a name? Is it that hard?) agreed, needs to have a general chat channel in there by default. Until the afore mentioned upgrades which will be much more robust, right?

Wargaming Wiki Staff Co-Lead - PM me with questions/comments -> Jiri_Starrider
Tilting at the windmills of ignorance, one post at a time....

Mercsn #3 Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2235 battles
Haven't noticed issue #1.  It almost sounds like you're opening fire in a Japanese plane very early and overheating.  Overheating is the only thing that's ever stopped my guns from firing if I have the trigger pressed.  Well, that or packet loss.  Do you have any other control issues and do you keep an eye on your ping and packet loss indicators?

Issue #2.  OMG yes.  It's so annoying to type a message to flight mates in hangar and have it wiped as the leader hits battle.  Then, if the queue is long, try typing the message again only to have it wiped when the queue finds a match.  I think this problem might be due to the developer being different than WoT and not just being able to transfer over the code for these features.  The flight chat should be conintuous from hangar to queue to battle and back.  

Issue #3  The channels and personal chat boxes REALLY need timestamps.  That's one reason there's never anyone in those chats.  You never know when the message was sent.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

TheGreenTank #4 Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [MEMES] MEMES
What mercs said.

LightningStriker911 #5 Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles

The firstand most significant is the weapons bug.  In battle when sending a stream of fire down range for the enemy aircraft to fly through, the guns stop firing with the first impact or when the plane passes in front of the pip.  I'm not sure which.  This seems to be the biggest problem at close range.  I am assuming it is because far range the rounds are already sent before the guns stop firing.
The secondis the chat.  Not the voice chat.  We are all aware of the VC problems.  I'm talking about the text chat, both private message and flight chat.  Countless times I've been typing away at the keyboard only to have the screen change and wipe out everything I've had typed.  This happens when going from Hangar to the battle queue, from the queue to the battle count down, and if you play your cards right, you can lose another message when you go from the countdown to the battle map.

This happened first in Wot and it took WG a very long time to fix this.. It was very annoying at first but after a couple of months, i got used to it.

The thirdis the hangar chat.  Since the introduction of the multi channel hangar chat, nobody is in there.  I can post a message, do a battle, and return to the hangar and my message the last post.  Prior to the multi channel hangar chat when you logged on, chat was open and there was a LOT of discussion about the game, battles, mods, (WG) frequented the chat and most of all, there was help for the FNG's  My experience with the new and improved multi channel chat is less than favorable.  I rarely (maybe once a week if bored) ever look in it anymore.

I agree. Add in the time thingy.

Member of FRAG

deckape964 #6 Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [ADP] ADP
I'll bet your 1st issue is Lag related.

JarethG #7 Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

Eclectic Dragon

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
I have noticed issue #1 frequently.  I will be in the middle of firing, and all of a sudden, my guns stop, and no, it isn't overheating.  Sometimes it happens a second after pulling the trigger.  Sometimes it's more, sometimes it's less.  I've had it happen with mouse, and space bar as well, so it isn't a short in the joystick.  The guns just stop.  (Insert Star Wars quote)  "The guns...they've stopped?"

Member of DirtyDozen! www.dirtydozengaming.com/
Director of WoWp FRAG! ACE: F4U, Bf 110B, Bf 110E

NathanFlightLeader #8 Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
I have noticed issue one frequently. I have also noticed issue two. Now correct me if I'm wrong (Haven't played WoT in several months) but I think its the same for WoT. That or you have to stop chatting and re click on the text box.
"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" And "Oh S...!"
"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

Toggle #9 Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4579 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Issue #1 isn't overheated guns.  I have a pretty good grip on when to fire for the bad guy to intercept my spray.  Lag isn't the issue either.  My ping is great.  FPS drops depending on the map, but that isn't related to connection.

Jinxed_Katajainen #10 Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Alpha tester
  • 47 battles

View PostToggle, on 02 August 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

Issue #1 isn't overheated guns.  I have a pretty good grip on when to fire for the bad guy to intercept my spray.  Lag isn't the issue either.  My ping is great.  FPS drops depending on the map, but that isn't related to connection.

I've noticed at times where if the game stutters due to a network ping spike or FPS spike, the guns would get 'stuck' either in the on or off position depending on what the game feels like it wants to do.
One time the guns stopped firing and I had to retrigger to make them fire again.. then another they got stuck firing till I clicked the trigger again.

BOA_TG_CO #11 Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [B-O-A] B-O-A

I agree. This is a MAJOR pain. Mine even goes as far as this.....A lot of times, i get on enemy 6 and wait til I'm right up close for a lethal spray......sights on tight......squeeze trigger and ....nothing.   I have to double pump....but enemy starts a hard turn and I barely get lead in him.

BOA_TG_CO #12 Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [B-O-A] B-O-A
Also, it isn't  lag issue or packet loss....it is a bug which apparently affects some but not all. It is not overheating. As Toggle said it has to do with the firing lead circle line up with your gunsights...makes guns cut out.  Whether you lead into the enemy or line up directly before firing, guns cut out til you release the fire button/spacebar/trigger and press again.
Toggle, you can turn off lead indicator and it doesn't happen...harder to get lead on target at first, but you get used to it and it isn't that hard.

Edited by BOA_TG_CO, 02 August 2013 - 02:41 PM.

Toggle #13 Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:57 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4579 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBOA_TG_CO, on 02 August 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Also, it isn't  lag issue or packet loss....it is a bug which apparently affects some but not all. It is not overheating. As Toggle said it has to do with the firing lead circle line up with your gunsights...makes guns cut out.  Whether you lead into the enemy or line up directly before firing, guns cut out til you release the fire button/spacebar/trigger and press again.
Toggle, you can turn off lead indicator and it doesn't happen...harder to get lead on target at first, but you get used to it and it isn't that hard.
Ah-hah!  I'll try the no lead pip and see.  I had it turned off for the longest, then after an update fixing the tracer problem it was on and I hadn't bothered to turned it off again.  Hopefully I haven't become dependent on that crutch.
Edit:
I know exactly what you mean about getting into a knock down, drag out fight with a skilled player and finally, FINALLY getting into position squeeze the trigger and maybe get one round in him and the guns stop......  By the time I realize and react, it's too late.  Bloody hell!

Edited by Toggle, 03 August 2013 - 06:05 AM.

Toggle #14 Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4579 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
No joy!  After deactivating the lead pip, the guns still failed.  I flew multiple battles with multiple planes to be sure.

Zapperguy #15 Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

The first and most significant is the weapons bug. In battle when sending a stream of fire down range for the enemy aircraft to fly through, the guns stop firing with the first impact or when the plane passes in front of the pip. I'm not sure which. This seems to be the biggest problem at close range. I am assuming it is because far range the rounds are already sent before the guns stop firing.

View PostBOA_TG_CO, on 02 August 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

I agree. This is a MAJOR pain. Mine even goes as far as this.....A lot of times, i get on enemy 6 and wait til I'm right up close for a lethal spray......sights on tight......squeeze trigger and ....nothing. I have to double pump....but enemy starts a hard turn and I barely get lead in him.

View PostBOA_TG_CO, on 02 August 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Also, it isn't lag issue or packet loss....it is a bug which apparently affects some but not all. It is not overheating. As Toggle said it has to do with the firing lead circle line up with your gunsights...makes guns cut out. Whether you lead into the enemy or line up directly before firing, guns cut out til you release the fire button/spacebar/trigger and press again.
This is a common, ongoing problem. I have spoken with many pilots about this on TS. As described it is NOT lag or overheating. It's a dead trigger requiring the well-described "double pump" to fire. If it was every time, it would be annoying but predictable and a double tap here would be as second nature as it was for Columbus in Zombieland. But...it is random. When you don't expect it and suddenly your perfectly lined up shot can't be fired, there is a split-second of "No %*&$#@* Way!" before you react and fire again which allows the enemy that instant to make that little turn, dive, whatever to make you miss. It creates no "error" so logs are pointless. It is not consistently reproducible nor recordable as button presses don't show in video. This is a difficult error to report as a ticket. But perhaps we should all formulate the perfect description on here and we could each send a ticket with our "form letter" to see if it would be looked at with some priority.
:honoring:

Sarcoo #16 Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [TRUMP] TRUMP
In regards to the chat issues, at least your's is connected. I have not been able to even get into the system chat in a few days. Keeps saying service temporarily down.  Also the buddy list has not been working, either it shows 0 friends or when it does decided to work, it shows them offline when they are online.

Toggle #17 Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:32 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4579 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSarcoo, on 06 August 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

In regards to the chat issues, at least your's is connected. I have not been able to even get into the system chat in a few days. Keeps saying service temporarily down.  Also the buddy list has not been working, either it shows 0 friends or when it does decided to work, it shows them offline when they are online.
You are not alone.  I haven't been on in a couple days but, the last time on I had experienced the same thing with the addition of no flight chat.  I thought it was just me as I had changed some software and thought that had created the problem.   Restarting the game had no effect but after a reboot everything seemed fine.  I guess I'll know for sure the next time I log on.

paintballfreaks #18 Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostToggle, on 02 August 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

map frame drop should be addressed...the volcano smoke and fog is there still a smoke issue?

Also tagged with chat, flightchat, hangarchat, weopons, weaponbug, chat bug

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users