In Plane Sight - Focus Testing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

Mugsy_ #1 Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
Hello Test Pilots,
I wasn't certain where the best place to post this would be, but I think here is a good start.
What is In Plane Sight?
Starting in August, I would like to pick two planes. I want to encourage everyone who can to play at least 50 battles in one or both of these two planes to do so then participate in a detailed discussion about their experience flying it. We'll cover topics like that planes strengths and weaknesses, characteristics, and how balanced it feels compared to its tier, class, and matchmaking spread.
What is the point?
I want to generate focused, informed discussions about individual planes.
*I will also make sure we pick planes which benefit from that month's Specials, Gift shop, or Events.
What is the fun in that?
Well, in addition to generating some thoughtful conversation, we will run a few contests during that time utilizing the planes we're spotlighting.
For example, a print ad contest selling the plane, perhaps a video contest, as well as some in battle goals.
Where do we start?
From August 2 - 16 let's all try to play 50 battles in one or both of the following Tier V Carrier Fighters: the American F4F and the Japanese A6M5
Both planes will receive discounts and bonuses during that time.
On August 16th, we'll create the discussion thread in the Official Feedback Section.
Can we have a heads up on what planes we'll focus on for the second half of August?
Absolutely. From August 17 - 31 we'll all try to play 50 battles in the I-16(l) and/or the Bf109 B.
Can we request planes for In Plane Sight?
For the time being, the planes we focus on will be determined by the Specials and Events, in order to make it as easy and rewarding as possible for us to play them. However, I am open to hearing which planes you'd most like to see us focus in on and discuss. Perhaps I can influence future Specials to include those planes as well.
If you have any questions, comments, or ideas on how to improve the "In Plane Sight" concept please leave them below.

Edited by Mugsy_, 31 July 2013 - 07:25 PM.

Mugsy_ #2 Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
Posted Image
Grumman F4Fs on Guadalcanal 1942
Posted Image
Mitsubishi Zero A6M5 Model 52c are sent back from Korea to Kyushû island, to take part in a Kamikaze attack (early 1945).

Edited by Mugsy_, 31 July 2013 - 07:17 PM.

zkyz #3 Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • [-TNT-] -TNT-
My favorites planes A6M5 and I-16(l) !
Will be a pleasure to play 50 battles !

PanzerXO #4 Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I'm here huckleberry...

View PostRosebud, on , said:

...By flying into the middle you are boldly stating that you are a noob and haven’t learned your lesson yet.
ROSEBUD

QJW #5 Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
Good thing so far, I have kept every plane I have purchased. Will deffinatly help with this.

-Never give in, Never give up, Never surrender.
-Always give in 110% Dam it!
-Don'tbelieve in yourself, believe in the QJW that believes in you. ^^

Stieger #6 Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I can share with you about the A6M5 att.  Its tier spread is decent, but it lacks the speed that should have I posted somewhere that its speed should be around 528 vs 472, its gun heats to fast but maybe this was they were in actual combat, I have been researching this to see if this was true but I have yet to come up with anything one-way or the other these r the only issues I see with this fighter. But I am looking forward to helping out.
http://www.aviation-...bishi/zero.html
I just wanted to add this I don't think the turning radius is correct as=well  because I forgot sry

Edited by Stieger, 01 August 2013 - 02:29 PM.

Wake_Island #7 Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Awesome Crew

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7 battles
I-16 LM vs BF-109 B
A Duel for those two planes would be interesting.
I think a focus test around those two planes would be beneficent for the game.

Edited by Wake_Island, 31 July 2013 - 07:21 PM.

Aces: Too many to count.
I have solo'd an entire enemy team.

Mugsy_ #8 Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostWake_Island, on 31 July 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

I-16 LM vs BF-109 B
A Duel for those two planes would be interesting.
I think a focus test around those two planes would be beneficent for the game.

Yes, sorry I wrote E there. 109 B. Also, please keep in mind the goal is not to compare them to one another, just to encourage all to play each so we can participate in reviewing them separately.

husband #9 Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1553 battles
would love to, but since patch 4.1 I have only fps of 9 on the game.
also Yoott asked me to follow up about the 100 gold for watching the twtich stream back in June, sent in the code he broadcast on the twictch channel. but never received any gold, and after weeks asking about it he said to ask you,

GeorgePatton #10 Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1609 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD
Very cool! I guess I'll have to start playing OBT again now!

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

FreeFOXMIKE #11 Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 5206 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND
http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

this may be of some help for some Ideas also Crash was a good person to get Ideas on test from

Second Hour:
Tier 7
Bf.209A1, Bf.109Z, La-9, Il-8, P-51 Mustang, F2G "Super" Corsair

Why these tiers?
Tiers 4 and 5 had the most introduction of new aircraft, along with several modifications of current in-game aircraft
Tier 7 seems to be the "top-end" propeller-driven tier at the moment, with several new aircraft introduced at this tier
Now that we're in Beta Focus Testing, things are going to be run a bit differently.  Rather than attempting to "herd cats" (as one tester put it) in random battles, I'm going to be looking for around 30 volunteers to sign up here, as the focus Testing will be held in a training room that I will create.  Holding it in a training room allows for a much more controlled Testing scenario (which is what Testing should involve anyway).
As such, I need people who can commit to Testing at this time.  Please DO NOT reply if you cannot make it.  ONLY reply if you can do or have the following things:
Are free and willing to participate for the full two hours
Voice comms capability (not required, but highly recommended - we will be using in-game voice comms, as attempting to communicate with teammates via TS, Vent, RaidCall, etc only works if the people on your channel are on your team)
Have at least half the listed aircraft
Are willing to write a post-Testing report.  (Don't worry, I'm not looking for a business review, just what you found, 'cause it gets forwarded straight to the developers)
So here's what I'd like everyone to be looking for with regard to each aircraft:
Acceleration and Top Speed
Climb rate
Armament (damage potential and "fire spread" - think Bf.109C vs Bf.109E)
Durability
Maneuverability
Snap roll rate (not the traditional "snap roll", but the rate at which the aircraft begins to roll. In other words, the ability to overcome roll inertia)
Turn rate, with and without idle throttle and flaps
Anything else you think is pertinent
Also, if you find some sort of gameplay issue that you think could be re-designed, re-vamped, re-engineered, etc. to make a better / more fun game, by all means let me know!
Curious what I'm looking for in a post-Testing review?  Take a look at these previous responses:

we also at times set up a training room to test in

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

Bogie_with_Stu #12 Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [K_O_S] K_O_S
Sounds good Mugsy...count me in.

_Laserguided_ #13 Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Mugsy,

Would screenshot of battle results be helpful?

A video or two of a battle during this time?

Please advise

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

INCISION #14 Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles
Count me in on this one Mugsy.  F4F/A6M5

Attached Files

• Attached File   thegripper.jpg   20.79K

F50ACE #15 Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

Boom'N'Zoom rights activist

• Community Ace
  • 8 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO
YAY, you picked my favorite plane so far the F4F! :medal:  :izmena:

Flowermobile #16 Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [77A1B] 77A1B
ill play

Mugsy_ #17 Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View Posthusband, on 31 July 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

would love to, but since patch 4.1 I have only fps of 9 on the game.
also Yoott asked me to follow up about the 100 gold for watching the twtich stream back in June, sent in the code he broadcast on the twictch channel. but never received any gold, and after weeks asking about it he said to ask you,

Hey Husband,
I believe we met in SF at the Churchill, anywho, good to see you here. I am sorry to hear about your fps problem. Please if you havent already, submit a support ticket and maybe we can help with that. In regards to gold payout, drop Hathore a PM and she should get you sorted out pretty quickly.

Mugsy_ #18 Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View Post_Laserguided_, on 31 July 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

Mugsy,

Would screenshot of battle results be helpful?

A video or two of a battle during this time?

Please advise

No need, this isn't a contest really, though we'll hold additional themed contests to support this endeavor. Mostly I just want to organize our community to fly and discuss a couple planes every two weeks. I'd like to hear everyone's experiences, feedback, suggestions and thoughts on each.

Mugsy_ #19 Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostFreeFOXMIKE, on 31 July 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

this may be of some help for some Ideas also Crash was a good person to get Ideas on test from...

Yes, Crash is awesome, no doubt. In addition to this effort to drive conversation and foster discussions about these particular planes, you will see the return of the detailed balance threads for all crafts. We're revving up our balance and matchmaking feedback so we can deliver some comprehensive, detailed reports on how you test pilots feel. Look for those threads to start appearing before the end of next week.

RedSunset #20 Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [LVTHN] LVTHN
Count me in  :honoring:
- Q "If the battle chat serves to coordinate your team, why is there the possibility to talk to enemy team?” A:”So you can call them noobs of course
- Q: “I’d like the tiers of vehicles in both teams to mirror one another” A: “This thread is not called ‘my wishes’”

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users