Japanese A7m

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

pyantoryng #41 Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2177 battles

View PostOlde_Crow, on 12 October 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

If they would put the A7M3 in ( it has the Ha-43 supercharged engine ) it would perform better.

I don't think that would matter anymore due to the assigning of nations' altitude performance...maybe better power, but not altitude performance.

If Yak-15's Jumo 004 jet engine can't go above 2km above sea level, what can one hope from a supercharged piston engine from Japan in this condition?

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Mercsn #42 Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:41 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostOlde_Crow, on 12 October 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

If they would put the A7M3 in ( it has the Ha-43 supercharged engine ) it would perform better.

Pyan is right. Currently,  WG has arbitrarily assigned "optimal altitude" parameters by nation instead of by aircraft or engine module.  

The a7m was a larger higher altitude aircraft,  similar to the US p47 which could operate at the high altitude the strategic bombers would be at.

The J7w was a high altitude interceptor designed to attack US bombers

Both planes in-game are low altitude only.  

As far as the OP, patch 5.0 (iirc) mostly fixed the a7 and then subsequent patches broke the whole line as far as gameplay and balance go.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users