game starts before the map actually loads for me

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

jakels_1 #1 Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:28 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Whenever i start a new match, I arrive at the loading screen which appears while the map loads. However, my screen stays on this page for minutes at a time, even after the match has started for everyone else. this results in my plane flying without my control for several minutes, and has resulted in my death multiple times. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else, or if my computer is just incompetent. Feedback would be appreciated.

NathanFlightLeader #2 Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:30 AM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
Slow internet connection or lag. It only happens to me if I'm streaming a video or using up alot of my internet connection.
"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" And "Oh S...!"
"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

petersleepy #3 Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:00 AM

TnB Rights Activist

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA
Can you post your pc specs?

"It's only game, why you heff to be mad?" ~Ilya Bryzgalov

Pogo68 #4 Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1649 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
Happens to me as well
It happens a lot, about 1 out of every 3 games, almost every time the 1st one or two games after I log in are throw aways with me spending the entire game or in the loading screen or by the time I do get in, the plane has already crossed 1/2 across the map or it's reached the end of the map and it's headed back or it's been shot down.
Using time warner cable as my internet
Download is 26.02 Mbps, Upload is 0.96 Mbps, ping 14Ms
The PC is an has a Intel Core 2 Duo E7500, 2GB of memory, Windows XP sp3.
No video streaming or downloading while I play.
I play a number of games online and offline, including Battlestar Galactica and World of Tanks and I don't get this problem in those games.

Edited by Pogo68, 12 August 2013 - 06:21 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users