Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - Glitchy Toe-Break Axis'

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Quint_Winters #1 Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:23 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
I'm using Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals to control my rudder.  The rudder part of the pedals works great for controlling the rudder, but I'm having a major issue with the toe-break axis part of them.  I don't want these axis' doing anything on either pedal, that way I don't accidentally hit them.  It's so easy in the heat of battle to move my toes downward just a hair when moving the rudder pedals, thus triggering these extra axis'.
I don't have these axis' assigned to anything.  However, when I use them while in flight, they do the craziest things.  The one on the left controls the left aileron at all times so it makes my plane roll to the left if I barely touch it.  The one on the right seems to bounce back and forth between controlling the right aileron and the horizontal stabilizer.
When I go to assign them to something in the flight control settings just to see what they say I get mixed results.  If I hold down the left toe-break axis it bounces back and forth very quickly between Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals (Axis 0+) and my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick on (Axis 6-).  On the right toe-break axis it does the same bouncing back and forth but with a third axis mixed in:  Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals (Axis 1-), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals (Axis 1+), and again the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick on (Axis 6-).
Regardless of whether I continue holding down the axis while trying to assign it or if I let it go, it always ends up on the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick on (Axis 6-) when I hit the apply button.
As I stated above, I don't want these two toe-break axis' doing anything at all.  Any suggestions on how I can make them stop doing these things?  Thanks!
Edit:  I just tried setting up dead zones in the windows game controller settings.  I was unable to get the deadzones to function correctly in the windows configuration - the pedals still caused a reaction when pressed.  I tested the same thing on the rudder control axis' and the deadzones worked fine.  After placing deadzones on the toe-break axis' I attempted restarting World of Warplanes and again messing with the settings.  I didn't get nearly so much flashing back and forth between the different axis' but it was still doing the same thing.  Perhaps this is a windows issue and not related to the game.  On that note though, the button for "Adjust Gamepad Axes" is greyed out in World of Warplanes so I can't adjust it from in-game like I can with my joystick.

Edited by Quint_Winters, 27 July 2013 - 08:35 PM.

Crackedcanadian #2 Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

?The squirtgun of doom?

• Alpha tester
  • 52 battles
  • [WARRP] WARRP
The game currently does not read multiple input devices correctly as separate entities. So if you have multiple devices connected they all have the same axis assignments.

Aced: Pegas, P-36, Tsh-3, 109Z, I-15 BIS, BF110 B

JV44_Krupi #3 Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:33 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [JV_44] JV_44
I have the combat stick and the combat rudder pedals and you cant use them together!? the game confuses them and picks up both for control of the plane. they need to fix that so you can control the rudder while using the joystick.  They think people wont want to buy the controls but for us flight simmers out here we do have both.  And it would be nice if they could interface for Track IR.  would be a great addition for this game.  also a cockpit mode  and limit ammo. that's all other then that everything seems ok lol.

Quint_Winters #4 Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

View PostCrackedcanadian, on 26 July 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

The game currently does not read multiple input devices correctly as separate entities. So if you have multiple devices connected they all have the same axis assignments.

That explains it then.  Thanks.  Hopefully they'll get this fixed so those of us that do have the equipment can properly use it.  At the least I was able to get semi-functioning deadzones set up so those axis' aren't on a hair trigger anymore.

cyberwings #5 Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:01 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
I see the same thing - the CH combat pedals and CH joystick get all confused....  The rudder controls the throttle, both the joystick and the "brakes" on the pedals control the rudder/aileron.   Makes a totally unflyable aircraft, and without rudder pedals it is nothing like flying an airplane.

I would also like to look up just 45 degrees, not the 90 degrees we get with the various camera functions.   The old fighter axiom, "Lose sight, lose fight.".  If I can't have TrackIR, then at least give me something other than turning my virtual head 90 degrees.

Quint_Winters #6 Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

View Postcyberwings, on 30 July 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

I would also like to look up just 45 degrees, not the 90 degrees we get with the various camera functions.   The old fighter axiom, "Lose sight, lose fight.".  If I can't have TrackIR, then at least give me something other than turning my virtual head 90 degrees.
I totally agree the hat switch view options are completely inadequate.  The mouse has a huge advantage over stick and rudder solely because you can look all around you with the mouse.  However, at least leaving aside the rudder pedal glitches, stick and rudder have a huge advantage over mouse in the form of control and maneuverability.  I don't get nearly as many kills with stick/rudder but I can pull the craziest maneuvers to avoid danger, things there's no possibility of doing with the mouse.  Also throttle doesn't seem to have a keyboard adjustment option - it's either full boost or full brake - whereas the joysticks throttle lets me adjust to anywhere from 0% to 100%, which is a huge advantage in comparison.

The best option I've found for getting those 45 degree views is to adjust your wings to a 45 degree angle and then use the hat switch so those 90 degree angles are actually 45 degree angles.  This doesn't work so well with someone on your tail but if you're out of immediate danger and don't have to pull any crazy maneuvers momentarily it works okay.

IncredibleBulk #7 Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
It's been a while since I did any X52 programming but can you not just set a null key to the toe brake "button"? I only just loaded WoW last night and haven't played with the controls a lot yet... I'm just using the twist on the x52 stick for rudder right now...

icehoodedfox #8 Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:00 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
I've got the same problem;every time I bump the toe brakes they make the plane spaz out. . . I used an allen key to loosen the toe brakes so they can just hang out of the way, but that's a really ghetto solution.

I've also got a problem where if I hold the rudder pedals at max deflection,  the plane keeps reverting the zero rudder,forcing me to pulse the rudder in order to keep the plane's rudder from zeroing out. It's probably a simple software fix,  so I hope they resolve this stuff by release.

DracoFader #9 Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Had to use the Saitek's own control panel to setup the toe dead zones so it doesn't affect me.

dhread #10 Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DINO] DINO
I have the same random axis input situation using CH pedals and Logitech 3D joystick.

I have spent a lot of time in the training scenarios trying to iron them out, and just when I think I have it stable, it picks up an input from something.
Dead zones (in WoWP settings) do not seem to solve the issue.

Ah well....

I WANT MY T-50-2 BACK! :angry: 

(yes I did!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users