• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

Chuck_norris10 #41 Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:21 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1691 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostSnakeBite14, on 06 March 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

Thing I find with the joystick is that you can't turn as fast as mouse players. With the joystick, you have to bank, then climb from your new position to actually turn sharp. Mouse players simply move the mouse to the side and the plane just eases into it. It gives the joystick players a real disadvantage. What I would love to see (though I'm sure this would take a lot of new programming) is a separate server for joystick users. My father still plays with the joystick because he's a military man, no matter that he has gotten maybe twenty total kills in his career (on the game). I'm not terribly affected by it, as I've been gaming for a while, so I can adapt to mouse controls, but it's just something to look into, you know?

I have tried many things and have both old and new 3d pro so here is what I found,I upped the dead zone to 20% on pitch,yaw and roll and tweaked up and down from there.

This will make your JS a bit less responsive but you gain that back in shooting accuracy as your not bouncing all over the place while trying to line up your enemy.

I also tried changing the stick to a thrustmaster just to see what would happen and it actually seems better then the 3d setup.

TRN2LA #42 Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 272 battles
Gotta add my 2c worth. I fly gliders in real life and we often use side slip as an extra air brake if we coming in too high and fast. (you only get 1 shot at landing without a motor).
Don't Tread on Me! Liberty or Death

xMADDMANNx #43 Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View PostClawdevil, on 26 July 2013 - 03:06 AM, said:

Dang, no wonder this makes it so hard for me. I just switched over to joystick and I have a helluva trouble controlling the aircraft.

That;s due to the way WG has made the mouse "fly" your plane... you point, it goes... and does all the little work for you. like flying your plane as you point "go here" it makes all the nice adjustments to your elevators alerons and rudder.

With a joystick you have full control of your airframe sideslips, hammerheads,

Yes we can't hold pipper on target after a 180 deg turn in .3 sec but thats what mouse provides a steady simple easy flight platform to learn the game.

Edited by xMADDMANNx, 13 March 2014 - 06:22 PM.

Hepp #44 Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostxMADDMANNx, on 13 March 2014 - 07:09 PM, said:

That;s due to the way WG has made the mouse "fly" your plane... you point, it goes... and does all the little work for you. like flying your plane as you point "go here" it makes all the nice adjustments to your elevators alerons and rudder.

With a joystick you have full control of your airframe sideslips, hammerheads,

Yes we can't hold pipper on target after a 180 deg turn in .3 sec but thats what mouse provides a steady simple easy flight platform to learn the game.

I think you are missing the whole point.  If the joystick users "Can't hold pipper on target after a 180 deg turn in .3 sec"  then, WHY CAN THE MOUSE & KB USERS!!! This is Preferential treatment for the M&Kb users OVER the joystick and gamepad users.  This is not a 'Fair and Balanced' game model. This is making it harder on one kind of player VS another. This is akin to allowing the M&Kb users too 'Cheat', and at the same time penalizing the joystick users for trying to play fair.  

There has been NO Improvement since closed beta on the joystick controls. WG has IGNORED the joystick users and, for the most part the game pad users too. There have been MULTIPLE REQUESTS for a joystick sensitivity setting/feature in the setting since closed beta, but so far not one change has been made.  For us joystick users, this game is becoming too bias towards the M&Kb users. I have noticed that there have been several tweaks to the mouse controls and aiming in several of the patches, but NOTHING for the SAME ISSUES for the joysticks.

Dont get me wrong, I love this game. I WILL continue to play, and will continue to use my joystick. BUT.... if they do not start improving the joystick controls, (or at least letting us know that they are planning too) then I will have to stop giving them my $$.

IF YOU PLAN ON IMPROVING THE JOYSTICK CONTROL SETTINGS THEN TELL US!!! I want to know if this game is worth my time & money!!  I like to think it is, but I need some re-assurance from WarGaming that they HEAR our concerns and CARE about our gaming experience. And stop treating the joystick users like second class players!!

All we have been asking for is a sensitivity setting for joysticks! And maybe a target reticule on the 'Snap-too camera' (try playing games like WarThunder without the target reticule on the 'snap-too camera'. *Mouse users have this feature built in due to the control scheme and camera)

jpnunn #45 Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:21 AM

Senior Airman

• 563 battles

View PostTankticus_Maximus, on 15 September 2013 - 05:32 AM, said:

I played microsoft fighter ace 1.0- 1.5 in 1997 and the planes were much easier to fly with a joystick... this the plances bouce all over u cant steer straight you cant aim...its 100% horrible..i play WOT I musta spent $1k over the last year in it...but my god the planes wont get 1 cent...flight sims are JOYSTICK games......make your flight model fly like figher ace 1.0 or 1.5 and your population will go up...I don't see WOP having any of the success of WOT simply because 1 flying is harder..2. you have made a ground based WOP not an air combat game.... meaning.... imstead of open air combat you made the planes have to contendd with ground terrain.....that's horrible....you cant use boom and zoom or anything ...finaly 3 your joystick controls are 100% horrible...go look see how much time I spend in WOP compared to WOT.... I log in just to see...if joysticks work better and they never do... hopefully WOWarships is better but it will be more like tanks a keyboard game so hopefull

in condlusion flightsims should have a primary focus on joysticks... tanks and ships on mouse....WOP is bound to have 10% of the customer base IF that because of the inistience on keyboard and mosue being equal to joystick...the game sucks because of this.... you graphics are good...your plane control horrible...along with NO open air combat where plane manuvers mean more than avoiding groun terrain.....I hate that no battles are high up in the sky in a furball....its just trying to fly around mountains...it sucks/.

Dear Tankticus,

I hope you haven't given up on WoWP yet. I, too, once felt many of the same frustrations as you, but believe me, this game is phenomenal when you get your joystick dialed in, and it CAN be dialed in. I was experiencing the same problems that you cite, and I searched long and hard for a solution, mostly by trying to adjust the curves myself. Then I stumbled across an entry in the European Forum where some guy put up a screen shot of his curves. I tried them, and they kick a**! Go to this page and scroll down until you see his screen shot. Improved my enjoyment of the game 100%, even after being a "veteran" of four months, with over 750 kills and a solid Tier 7 pilot. It can - and does - get better: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/21305-joystick-configuration/

Chuck_norris10 #46 Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1691 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Postjpnunn, on 16 May 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

Dear Tankticus,

I hope you haven't given up on WoWP yet. I, too, once felt many of the same frustrations as you, but believe me, this game is phenomenal when you get your joystick dialed in, and it CAN be dialed in. I was experiencing the same problems that you cite, and I searched long and hard for a solution, mostly by trying to adjust the curves myself. Then I stumbled across an entry in the European Forum where some guy put up a screen shot of his curves. I tried them, and they kick a**! Go to this page and scroll down until you see his screen shot. Improved my enjoyment of the game 100%, even after being a "veteran" of four months, with over 750 kills and a solid Tier 7 pilot. It can - and does - get better: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/21305-joystick-configuration/

Thanks bud! Going to try that set up!

Chuck_norris10 #47 Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:52 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1691 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostChuck_norris10, on 17 May 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

Thanks bud! Going to try that set up!

Tried this setup today folks,first match in a tsh-2 and I got an ace.

I only did the one setting like shown in his picture.:great:

I only did roll but will try the same for pitch.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 17 May 2014 - 04:56 PM.

SOLOSHOOTER #48 Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1168 battles

View PostToggle, on 13 October 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

There is an extremely important and often over looked step in adjusting your joystick.  The Sideslip Compensation slider.  I know pilots that apply 100% and those that apply 0%.  Fly both with and without, then adjust it to your liking.  I have mine off.  Sideslip Comp made the control input and planes actions unnatural and seemed to always try to correct a movement I was trying to accomplish, making it a hindrance instead of helpful.

i was going to say that too. At first i thought it was the newest patch,seems to me the patch improved the sensativity of my 3dpro. After moving the slidder to 0 i got the old feeling back ,try it...next i recomend setting a dead zone to 3-5 % on all joystick axises,this stopped me from getting too excited and overstearing in the heat of battle.Smooth slow and steady movements are what you want,not jerky bobing and weaving like a wildman. practice...joysticks are made for this type of game...my first clue was the plane.  ;)

:facepalm:SOLOSHOOTER

eject................. and ill leave you alone     o7  

SeigeTank2010 #49 Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:55 AM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles

View PostShimakaze_, on 26 July 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Hello.

I was mouse user, but I recently bought Logetech 3d extreme pro.

I just wonder about joystick control of aircraft.

In mouse control, when I move the plane left of right, it recovers in its original straight position.

However what I found in joystick, when i tilted it, It does not recover into its original position.

Any help on this issue?

Thanks.

Personally I wish there was a way to prevent the mouse control option from autocorrecting as it makes it harder to control the plane - controlling the plane with keys is very difficult in mouse mode as the current cursor location will force the plane to 'correct' to this spot, fighting against the commands you're trying to give w/ the keyboard. =(

jpnunn #50 Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:03 AM

Senior Airman

• 563 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 17 May 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

Tried this setup today folks,first match in a tsh-2 and I got an ace.

I only did the one setting like shown in his picture.:great:

I only did roll but will try the same for pitch.

You are more than welcome, my fellow pilot! These settings have made the game much more enjoyable for me. I'm sure there are lots of other set-ups, but I am not one to tempt the fates. BTW, what aircraft do you pilot in the real world (I ask because of your pic)? Isn't this game the greatest thing ever???

FastAttack #51 Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostHepp, on 14 April 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

I think you are missing the whole point.  If the joystick users "Can't hold pipper on target after a 180 deg turn in .3 sec"  then, WHY CAN THE MOUSE & KB USERS!!! This is Preferential treatment for the M&Kb users OVER the joystick and gamepad users.  This is not a 'Fair and Balanced' game model. This is making it harder on one kind of player VS another. This is akin to allowing the M&Kb users too 'Cheat', and at the same time penalizing the joystick users for trying to play fair.  

There has been NO Improvement since closed beta on the joystick controls. WG has IGNORED the joystick users and, for the most part the game pad users too. There have been MULTIPLE REQUESTS for a joystick sensitivity setting/feature in the setting since closed beta, but so far not one change has been made.  For us joystick users, this game is becoming too bias towards the M&Kb users. I have noticed that there have been several tweaks to the mouse controls and aiming in several of the patches, but NOTHING for the SAME ISSUES for the joysticks.

Dont get me wrong, I love this game. I WILL continue to play, and will continue to use my joystick. BUT.... if they do not start improving the joystick controls, (or at least letting us know that they are planning too) then I will have to stop giving them my $$.

IF YOU PLAN ON IMPROVING THE JOYSTICK CONTROL SETTINGS THEN TELL US!!! I want to know if this game is worth my time & money!!  I like to think it is, but I need some re-assurance from WarGaming that they HEAR our concerns and CARE about our gaming experience. And stop treating the joystick users like second class players!!

All we have been asking for is a sensitivity setting for joysticks! And maybe a target reticule on the 'Snap-too camera' (try playing games like WarThunder without the target reticule on the 'snap-too camera'. *Mouse users have this feature built in due to the control scheme and camera)

Honestly I will say that we are not treated like second class, and the scenario you just put , i do it even better than mouse/kb players.  The problem I see with most new joystick players is the overcontrol of the aircraft , and a lot of people do not know how to refine their aim while doing so.

The only thing I know for a fact a keyboard/mouse player has over me is 1) better camera view in some cases 2) on headons they can be more precise.

But as an overall package, a joystick player can be deadlier than their mouse/kb counterparts.

in my case and the other older generation beta testers that have been flying joysticks are accustomed to it and don't need the control scheme to be changed or altered. When they did it in the past and had "autoaim" enabled it made awesome joystick fliers fly like crap. While some others benefit it.

In this case if they do make the changes you guys want, I would prefer the legacy joystick profile.

Chuck_norris10 #52 Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1691 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Postjpnunn, on 19 May 2014 - 09:03 PM, said:

You are more than welcome, my fellow pilot! These settings have made the game much more enjoyable for me. I'm sure there are lots of other set-ups, but I am not one to tempt the fates. BTW, what aircraft do you pilot in the real world (I ask because of your pic)? Isn't this game the greatest thing ever???

My mom,Dad and bro are the pilots in my family allthough I have flown lots. My job is mostly only accessible by bush plane or chopper so my avatar pic is of me in the longranger.

When flying over the arctic barrenlands in an otter or heli with only you and the pilot they allmost allways give you the controls to try.Heli guys would only give me the collective and not the pedals.:wink:

Chuck_norris10 #53 Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:18 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1691 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

So far this setting is working awesome for me,i can actually track a target right to his demise now without bobbing and weaving all over the place.

I only did roll and left the others at default.

AngryPitSnipe #54 Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:08 PM

Senior Airman

• 22 battles

View PostShimakaze_, on 26 July 2013 - 01:35 AM, said:

Hello.

I was mouse user, but I recently bought Logetech 3d extreme pro.

I just wonder about joystick control of aircraft.

In mouse control, when I move the plane left of right, it recovers in its original straight position.

However what I found in joystick, when i tilted it, It does not recover into its original position.

Any help on this issue?

Thanks.

I bought four of those sticks super cheap at an auction site a few years ago. Half had the throttle wired backwards. My problem is keeping the pip steady. It wants to bounce around for no reason ruining my accuracy. I can't keep the pip in the circle even when the target isn't maneuvering. Constant stick input is required. Anyone else have this issue? 

Chuck_norris10 #55 Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1691 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostAngryPitSnipe, on 24 May 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

I bought four of those sticks super cheap at an auction site a few years ago. Half had the throttle wired backwards. My problem is keeping the pip steady. It wants to bounce around for no reason ruining my accuracy. I can't keep the pip in the circle even when the target isn't maneuvering. Constant stick input is required. Anyone else have this issue? 

The roll setting I posted helps steady it a lot.

flakedjake #56 Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:49 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

How come the invert axis function has no effect when flying. using a logi x3d.

nevermind...I found my problem. went back to default settings and i can fly properly now.

Edited by flakedjake, 28 May 2014 - 03:26 AM.

Also tagged with joystick

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users