joystick

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

_FLUGEL_ #1 Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1284 battles
Hello.

I was mouse user, but I recently bought Logetech 3d extreme pro.

I just wonder about joystick control of aircraft.

In mouse control, when I move the plane left of right, it recovers in its original straight position.

However what I found in joystick, when i tilted it, It does not recover into its original position.

Any help on this issue?

Thanks.

IllustriousCheeseburger #2 Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO
When you fly with a joystick, it doesn't self-level itself, which is one of the best parts about it frankly, as it gives you far more control over the aircraft.

You need to manually right the aircraft, or set a key to auto-level.
"Don't worry about me when you see me on the enemy roster. I'm completely harmless."

Sergei_Smirnov #3 Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostMisaka_Imouto, on 26 July 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

Hello.

In mouse control, when I move the plane left of right, it recovers in its original straight position.

However what I found in joystick, when i tilted it, It does not recover into its original position.

Any help on this issue?

Thanks.

Lol, it's not an issue.

When you actually fly a plane, you have to level it yourself.  You have to manipulate both the rudder and ailerons effectively.

Clawdevil #4 Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Dang, no wonder this makes it so hard for me. I just switched over to joystick and I have a helluva trouble controlling the aircraft.

EasyEight #5 Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
I have an old Logitech Wingman stick. I found when I first played the game that the stick performed horribly, so I switched to the Mouse. It sounds like sticks are better supported now -- has anyone else used the Logitech Wingman?

JarethG #6 Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

Eclectic Dragon

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

View PostMisaka_Imouto, on 26 July 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

Hello.

Any help on this issue?

Thanks.
Yeah, definitely a case of working as intended.  I suggest going into a training room and practicing that way.  

The suggestion of setting an auto level key is valid, but kind of lazy versus learning to fly your plane properly with a joystick.

Member of DirtyDozen! www.dirtydozengaming.com/
Director of WoWp FRAG! ACE: F4U, Bf 110B, Bf 110E

JV44_Krupi #7 Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:26 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [JV_44] JV_44
Combat stick pro: my joystick is slow to react and isn't as stable.  I just doesn't react as quickly as the mouse does.  They need to optimize the joystick settings.

Doctor_Boomstik #8 Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
I have just recently purchased the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick and it seems world of warplanes doesn't support it. I go to the control settings and it only allows mouse and a second version of mouse controls. For all you joystick users out there how did you get past this issue?

Turlagh #9 Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:03 AM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles

View PostDoctor_Boomstik, on 30 July 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

I have just recently purchased the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick and it seems world of warplanes doesn't support it. I go to the control settings and it only allows mouse and a second version of mouse controls. For all you joystick users out there how did you get past this issue?

Hit the LEFT arrow on the control select box.

JarethG #10 Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

Eclectic Dragon

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

View PostDoctor_Boomstik, on 30 July 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

Yeah, not sure what your issue is, as that is the joystick I fly with.  I plugged, and played.  I didn't mess with any settings, other than choosing joystick as my input control method.

Member of DirtyDozen! www.dirtydozengaming.com/
Director of WoWp FRAG! ACE: F4U, Bf 110B, Bf 110E

KnightFandragon #11 Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

Master Sergeant

• 26 battles
Imma use saitek 290. Its what i play il2 with and its a simple but good stick.

Or just use mouse...who knows.

Ill give this game a wack and if it ends up being wot with planes then meh

MarineHMM164 #12 Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
with a joystick you have to counter any imput you give it. so, if you put right aileron(right roll) it will stay there until you put left aileron to straighten it out. same on any axis. gives you complete control of the aircraft.needed if you ever fly advanced simulators and definitely a benefit in the game.

Eretas #13 Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
A real benifit, but i am no longer able to kill any aircraft. Those curves adjustment are not easy to mastering. I have also the extreme 3D pro

wwiibravery #14 Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
I just want to know how to find joystick setting in the program.

WhineMaker #15 Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Click the "Gear" tab on the top of the Hangar screen
Click Settings
Upper left of the window opened are option for Mouse, Mouse 4.1, Keyboard and Joystick via the left or right arrows.

View Postlosttwo, on 12 April 2015 - 04:16 AM, said:

IF OTHERS WOULD FLY THE WAY I TELL THEM TOO.

If ONLY THEY WOULD DO AS I SAY.

Dystempre #16 Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
the jump from mouse to joystick is not pretty - there are.... growing pains

Dys

Tankticus_Maximus #17 Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:32 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
I played microsoft fighter ace 1.0- 1.5 in 1997 and the planes were much easier to fly with a joystick... this the plances bouce all over u cant steer straight you cant aim...its 100% horrible..i play WOT I musta spent $1k over the last year in it...but my god the planes wont get 1 cent...flight sims are JOYSTICK games......make your flight model fly like figher ace 1.0 or 1.5 and your population will go up...I don't see WOP having any of the success of WOT simply because 1 flying is harder..2. you have made a ground based WOP not an air combat game.... meaning.... imstead of open air combat you made the planes have to contendd with ground terrain.....that's horrible....you cant use boom and zoom or anything ...finaly 3 your joystick controls are 100% horrible...go look see how much time I spend in WOP compared to WOT.... I log in just to see...if joysticks work better and they never do... hopefully WOWarships is better but it will be more like tanks a keyboard game so hopefull

in condlusion flightsims should have a primary focus on joysticks... tanks and ships on mouse....WOP is bound to have 10% of the customer base IF that because of the inistience on keyboard and mosue being equal to joystick...the game sucks because of this.... you graphics are good...your plane control horrible...along with NO open air combat where plane manuvers mean more than avoiding groun terrain.....I hate that no battles are high up in the sky in a furball....its just trying to fly around mountains...it sucks/.

fallanger #18 Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

Master Sergeant

• 279 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
back to the old logitech extreme pro 3D and it was working fine for a few weeks and then suddenly it does not. Cannot adjust the settings in the game, however it works find in all games on my lappy, I am perplexed. Nothing has changed until rather recent update to the game, othewise it was fine just the other day.
I am perplexed, beginning to think this is a bug with with the game.

iron_horse_thunderbolt #19 Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:54 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [TFP] TFP

View Postfallanger, on 13 October 2013 - 02:42 AM, said:

back to the old logitech extreme pro 3D and it was working fine for a few weeks and then suddenly it does not. Cannot adjust the settings in the game, however it works find in all games on my lappy, I am perplexed. Nothing has changed until rather recent update to the game, othewise it was fine just the other day.
I am perplexed, beginning to think this is a bug with with the game.
I just got a Extreme 3D Pro. I am not having any of the problems that have been mentioned, so that is a head scratcher for me.......

Also, when flying with the joystick, I actually get motion sick a little. Particularly during barrel rolls. I guess that's a good thing.
"When he sees the enemy, he attacks and kills. Anything else is rubbish."

Manfred Von Richthofen; 1916
Currently have 1 ace: F4F Wildcat. Waiting for the next one.

Toggle #20 Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4593 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
There is an extremely important and often over looked step in adjusting your joystick.  The Sideslip Compensation slider.  I know pilots that apply 100% and those that apply 0%.  Fly both with and without, then adjust it to your liking.  I have mine off.  Sideslip Comp made the control input and planes actions unnatural and seemed to always try to correct a movement I was trying to accomplish, making it a hindrance instead of helpful.

Also tagged with joystick

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users