Engines start, game doesn't

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

HaxfireMantle #1 Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
This is an issue that has been annoying me for the past day or so, but only just last battle has it genuinely screwed me over by causing me to die.

For the past few battles, especially with my P-39, while on the pre-battle menu, the loading bar would stop halfway for several seconds. Meanwhile, all the planes on the map - mine included - would start moving. After a few seconds the bar starts moving again, but depending on the map (Or the time it takes for the bar to resume moving), I'm either a few hundred feet forward or already on the other side of the map by then. In my most recent battle, Pacific Ocean, it allowed two enemy planes to fly up behind me and shoot me down before the map had even loaded.

rock a bye AA, on the hilltop

when the wind blows, my bombs I will drop

Ishmar #2 Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO
Apart from the time it takes to load into the match, there is also a 30 second timer before the round begins.  Regardless of whether or not you are loaded in yet the round will start at the end of that 30 second countdown.
What are your pc specs and how fast is your internet?  Both of these could contribute to slow loading times.
Another thing you may want to try is the Razer Game Booster, it might help your computer run a little faster.

"They're just plane bullies!" - ************

AdmiralKird #3 Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO
If you plane to play on at Tier I-IV, you might achieve better loading times by loading into a training room on Harbor or El Halluf before clicking into join a battle. Some of the data might be cached to help your system load the map faster.

Jiri_Starrider said:
IMO you're hamstrung by WG's deep-rooted "I've got a secret" complex.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users