Climb/roll indicator bugged when camera follows plane

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

KmsarYolotov #1 Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
When the camera follows the plane (playing with a joystick), the roll rate is added to the indicator, resulting in the displayed rate being practically twice what it really is. E.g. in the attached screenshot, I am rolling left at around 40 degrees, and the indicator is tilted the same amount in respect to the plane, which results in it being displayed at 80 degrees from the screen vertical. Moreso, If I take the horizon as reference, it looks like my plane is heading down. Not sure if that's a bug, but I find it counter-intuitive.
The behavior when using the mouse control is ok.

I suggest either tilting the indicator with the screen as reference, or implementing it as a "virtual horizon". Or at least have the latter option.

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by Pantecks, 20 July 2013 - 11:33 PM.

triptyx #2 Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:40 AM

Flying Llama

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [FLLMA] FLLMA
It's "Russian Mode".

Seriously, I've been flying sims and real life planes for decades and had no clue the Russians did it differently.

There's a few threads floating around already to "correct" the gauge to the world standard, but it is what it is for now.

KenworthDriver #3 Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:07 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
amen... wish somebody would  fix the durned thing.. I  likewise have beeen flying both sim  and  irl for decades and it is a pain in the behind to force myself to think backwards... uggh
"you must  think in Russian!!"

Edited by KenworthDriver, 03 August 2013 - 07:47 AM.

If at first you don't succeed, then don't go skydiving!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users