Losing Target Lock

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Dunkelschatten #1 Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11 battles
Anyone losing lock on a target without pressing any other lock related keys while chasing enemies?

I switch to a target and lock on to it but after some period of time I lose lock and have to go about reestablishing the lock in the middle of the engagement, not a great time to do this.

Seems to happen most frequently in a turn battle when I haven't shot in some time, almost like not firing a shot after a certain period is the trigger but it could just be coincidence.

Never had the issue prior to Open Beta and I think it might have popped up after the last mini patch but could be wrong.

FrostyNoid #2 Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
Interesting... I have been just chalking this up to my fumbling fingers on the keyboard when this happens to me.  I'll have to start paying more attention to see if it is a bug or user error.

Dunkelschatten #3 Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11 battles
Please do. I have the keys in question mapped to my G700 mouse in spot where I know I am not bumping them by accident otherwise I would have thought the same thing.

Edit: After thinking about it an accidental key press couldn't be a possibility. I am losing target selection altogether not switching from one target to another.

petersleepy #4 Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

TnB Rights Activist

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA
If you click the lock target button/lock next target, it shouldn't unlock them until about 7k ft or 2k meters.

"It's only game, why you heff to be mad?" ~Ilya Bryzgalov

Dunkelschatten #5 Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11 battles
Good info to know, thanks Peter. This is definitely dropping the lock when I am within 100-200m and right on their tail.

It's quite annoying to lose the lead indicator right as the reticle is swinging on target and even worse when multiple enemies are in the area and you need to keep switching until you find the one you were chasing to begin with.

Will test things some more tonight.

Drastic2000 #6 Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
Eh, I too thought it was me hitting something or a plane moving out of range. While in midst of shooting I lose target, many times I get no target on the plane after it's gone and I shoot where I assume I can hit. Glad to know it's not just me.

Dunkelschatten #7 Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11 battles
Had trouble again last night, but of a different sort.

It was only in one game but in that game it wouldn't lock on any plane. I could switch to and "lock" on to a target but if my reticle happened to cross over another enemy it would switch to that one until I put the reticle back onto my original target where it would switch back. I flew around a bit testing it out and switching targets nor locking targets would prevent it from jumping to the enemy in my reticle.

If I frame an enemy with my reticle should the lead indicator appear for that enemy (assuming I am not locked on a different target) like I mention above? The only way I can ever get a target locked and a lead indicator to appear is if I switch to it using the switch target key.

yyzdude #8 Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

Airman Basic

• 48 battles
Ya i have been having this problem too when i am in the middle of a dog fight. Sometimes with the last plane when everybody attacks the same plane at once. I thought it was because too many people locked on to the same plane but ill either lose my lock or just not be able to establiish a new lock. I know its not me because i was using the regular controls and i only had my hand on the mouse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users