Throttle Control

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Pfeil_335 #1 Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
After seeing the Logitech 3D Extreme Pro mentioned all over the forums I bought one. The only problem I am having is trying to figure out how to set up the throttle control. I cannot seem to adjust it in such a way as to be able to use it in a similar fashion as the accelerator pedal in an automabile, ie; let off go slower, push midway and go half speed etc. On my Logitech it is nothing or full boost. There seems to be no middle ground, I cant set it to a middle setting and get mid engine performance.

Am I missing something or is it all or nothing? :amazed:

Cheers

OpenEmUp #2 Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [ORBRS] ORBRS
Hello there.
If you go into settings you can set where you want your boost to activate you just need to drag the bar down, as for setting the throttle control im a bit confused. Pull back to decelerate, push forward to accelerate?

Red Barons First 2 kills were with a shotgun from the gunner seat, Get at Him Bro

Koujinoc #3 Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
try going into the settings and axes graphs http://forum.worldof...-for-joysticks/

choose the one for thrust and make sure that the game is reading the input.

I would also check to make sure that it is calibrated in windows and that you are reading an intermediate input.

You can adjust the in game read to make it more or less sensitive along with the nice ability to create a "dead zone" between 100% and boost.  Make your zero to 100% range really large to help get the resolution you need on the throttle control.

Edited by Koujinoc, 15 July 2013 - 05:43 PM.

OpenEmUp #4 Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [ORBRS] ORBRS
Also you might have to install a driver

Red Barons First 2 kills were with a shotgun from the gunner seat, Get at Him Bro

Pfeil_335 #5 Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
Thanks for the replies! I have it sorted, kind of. I get the throttle control I am wanting but it is backwards ie; pull back to accelerate, push forward to decelerate. In the sttings I click on the invert axis and it works properly on the setup page but when I go to game it is backwards again. :sceptic:
Oh well, I can live with it now. :great:

Cheers!

wildcat18 #6 Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostPfeil_335, on 15 July 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

Thanks for the replies! I have it sorted, kind of. I get the throttle control I am wanting but it is backwards ie; pull back to accelerate, push forward to decelerate. In the sttings I click on the invert axis and it works properly on the setup page but when I go to game it is backwards again. :sceptic:
Oh well, I can live with it now. :great:

Cheers!
Are you hitting "apply" after you check off the inverted box?

Pfeil_335 #7 Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
I do hit the apply, then I exit, then go back again just to check and all is ok. But when I enter game it is backwards again. I will get used to it in time, I am just stubborn! :playing:

Cheers!

IronHide77777 #8 Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
  • [FUREX] FUREX
Can not put throtle control on analog stick and it sucks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users