Joystick issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

frankenerie #1 Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:16 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
I am currently using a very old Microsoft Sidewinder Pro and would like to know if there is any way of tweaking the pitch and yaw in game because the joystick has hair trigger movement and I am having trouble lining up shots. Does anyone else use a joystick instead of mouse / keyboard? if so what Joystick works best with WoW?

petersleepy #2 Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

TnB Rights Activist

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA
If you are saying the plane moves with a small adjustment, then I would recommend making the deadzone a bit larger.

"It's only game, why you heff to be mad?" ~Ilya Bryzgalov

frankenerie #3 Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:22 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Thanks that worked, i just need to tweak it a little more

Bogie_with_Stu #4 Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [K_O_S] K_O_S
I use the same joystick...are you adjusting the axis's in the setup menu? Theres a button where you select joystick/mouse that says "adjust axis"...and it brings up a grid box with a line going from bottom left to upper right. grab the dot and drag that line down...into the shape of a bow like a bow and arrow. do this for each axis (Pitch, Roll and Yaw).  This will make it a lot easier to flay and to keep your target in the crosshairs. As you get better you may want to adjust it to be a bit more responsive.

There is a thread on how to adjust the joystick axis here...

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

BillBellamy #5 Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:00 AM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View Postzen1360, on 12 July 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

I use the same joystick...are you adjusting the axis's in the setup menu? Theres a button where you select joystick/mouse that says "adjust axis"...and it brings up a grid box with a line going from bottom left to upper right. grab the dot and drag that line down...into the shape of a bow like a bow and arrow. do this for each axis (Pitch, Roll and Yaw).  This will make it a lot easier to flay and to keep your target in the crosshairs. As you get better you may want to adjust it to be a bit more responsive.

There is a thread on how to adjust the joystick axis here...

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1
+1 and exactly what I came here looking for.  Got a logitech 3d extreme pro (based on overwhelming advice here on type) and flying joystick is not the same as flying mouse/keyboard...... was hoping to find a way to make it less sensitive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users