Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

_Lindy_ #1 Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 183 battles
I have a problem and dont know where to start, I dont know if its hardware, software or the game. I will randomly lose both my keyboard and mouse, by this I mean I have no input, I can continue to watch the battle but cannot do anything else. Sometimes this is imedietly proceeded by a lag spike (but it isnt a ISP problem) the only to fix it is to push the power button and restart my computer.

datum perficiemus munus

Bogie_with_Stu #2 Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [K_O_S] K_O_S
Are all of those components USB controlled? Sounds like it could be the USB Universal Serial Bus Controller. You might try reloading your USB drivers from Windows.

JarethG #3 Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

Eclectic Dragon

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
It sounds more like a hardware problem, but just to make sure it isn't a software problem, run a dxdiag, get your logfile from the game for today, and attach them to a support ticket.  Can't hurt, might help.

Member of DirtyDozen! www.dirtydozengaming.com/
Director of WoWp FRAG! ACE: F4U, Bf 110B, Bf 110E

dmarsha9 #4 Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Do you use a wireless kb and mouse, is it usb or ps2(small plug). also is there any error message. I had a similar problem when my HD was failing

Could also be a heat problem. If your comfortable with opening up the case get a  can of air and clean out the inside I have to do mine about every other month. I can tell the difference in proformace when it's clean

Edited by dmarsha9, 09 July 2013 - 04:11 PM.

_Lindy_ #5 Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 183 battles

View Postzen1360, on 09 July 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

Are all of those components USB controlled? Sounds like it could be the USB Universal Serial Bus Controller. You might try reloading your USB drivers from Windows.

Yes they are Both USB, and I tried to unplug and plug back in inorder to save my game but it doesnt effect. I have a Logitech G15 and the digital window when this happens goes blank.

datum perficiemus munus

PanzerXO #6 Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
The USB thing is a likely scenario:  are you switching between the game and desktop often, or playing in windowed (vs fullscreen) mode?  The game hates to be minimized and punishes you in various ways.

Another possibility:

Sometimes the lag spikes are actually glitches.  I've had the game remap my controls in the middle of a flight (yes, it is maddening to try to BnZ, push the throttle forward and a few seconds later realize you've actually applied 0% throttle).

I have had a similar thing happen when the game automatically applied the airbrake, and I suddenly feel as if I have no control over the plane.

View PostRosebud, on , said:

...By flying into the middle you are boldly stating that you are a noob and haven’t learned your lesson yet.
ROSEBUD

Bogie_with_Stu #7 Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [K_O_S] K_O_S

View PostLindy, on 09 July 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

Yes they are Both USB, and I tried to unplug and plug back in inorder to save my game but it doesnt effect. I have a Logitech G15 and the digital window when this happens goes blank.

If the light goes out, I would lean towards a USB issue. Could be a power supply going bad but it's weird that once you re-boot it comes back.

I assume this happens no matter which USB port you are plugged into?

_Lindy_ #8 Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 183 battles
I havent ried another port, I will though, being that the keyboard and mouse are on two seperate ports its part of the reason I havent but anything is worth a try.

datum perficiemus munus

HellsBells_ #9 Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 23 battles
  • [HLBL] HLBL
you most likely have a hardware conflict, check your device manager, your firewall could be affecting your system also, make sure wowp is allowed in it, make sure your internet security, operating system, and hardware drivers are all up to date, try the mouse and keyboard on another pc if possible, if you have the same issue its your mouse and or keyboard, i would recommend trying them seperately.

Bogie_with_Stu #10 Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [K_O_S] K_O_S
I'm stuck on the USB electrical failure idea because it is not just "not sending data" to the computer, but is also losing its voltage to the peripheral. No software glitch that I know of will take the 5 volts off of a USB socket.

But if the USB controller chip is wonky, or the 5 volt section of the power supply is going bad...that would make more sense.

If this is a desktop machine, your best bet may be to invest $20 in a PCI USB card. Or, if you find a USB port that it doesnt happen with...put a hub on that one and ignore the others.

IamJMan999 #11 Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
depending on you computer/motherboard, sometimes you have different usb drivers, I have had certain usb ports go out before and not others. Using a different port could help. I would definitely try each and every port possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users