Yaw Sensitivity Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

StrikerKOJ #1 Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

Airman Basic

• 2 battles
Hello,

I just started playing a couple few days ago, and have been imersed in the forums to try and figure it all out. I'm running into a small issue with the controls that I hope someone can clarify.

Pitch and Roll are mapped to my joystick, I use 'A' and 'D' for my Yaw control. I read the guide on how to adjust your Joystick Axis sensitivity, and am doing a good job of narrowing down my sensitivities for Pitch and Roll; however, as I do not have Yaw mapped to my joystick, the Axis adjustments in the gameplay settings don't seem to affect the Yaw sensitivity (naturally). So while I get some pretty accurate flying while my Joystick is in the 20%-50% range, my Yaw control is just default way too sensitive, which often times leads to spoiling a shot that otherwise I could have made.

So, is there anyway to reduce the Yaw sensitivity if it is mapped to the Keyboard? Or, is there a way to allow the Yaw magnitude ramp up (to simulate a joystick axis) and not just be a "Key pressed = 100% Yaw" situation?

Edited by StrikerKOJ, 08 July 2013 - 04:49 PM.

Koujinoc #2 Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [CRUEL] CRUEL
Striker,

I have the same issue.  It's definitely not great especially when you try to make a small adjustment to hit a target at long range.  I'm unfortunately not sure of a fix. But am definitely paying attention to see if someone else has one.

DGShannon #3 Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 461 battles

View PostStrikerKOJ, on 08 July 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

Hello,

I just started playing a couple few days ago, and have been imersed in the forums to try and figure it all out. I'm running into a small issue with the controls that I hope someone can clarify.

Pitch and Roll are mapped to my joystick, I use 'A' and 'D' for my Yaw control. I read the guide on how to adjust your Joystick Axis sensitivity, and am doing a good job of narrowing down my sensitivities for Pitch and Roll; however, as I do not have Yaw mapped to my joystick, the Axis adjustments in the gameplay settings don't seem to affect the Yaw sensitivity (naturally). So while I get some pretty accurate flying while my Joystick is in the 20%-50% range, my Yaw control is just default way too sensitive, which often times leads to spoiling a shot that otherwise I could have made.

So, is there anyway to reduce the Yaw sensitivity if it is mapped to the Keyboard? Or, is there a way to allow the Yaw magnitude ramp up (to simulate a joystick axis) and not just be a "Key pressed = 100% Yaw" situation?
Had not really thought about it, but that would be problematic. If you don't come up with a fix, consider a joystick such as the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. In addition to roll and pitch, you twist the stick elft and right for yaw, so it is all right there in your one hand, and becomes real natural after a while.

StrikerKOJ #4 Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:38 PM

Airman Basic

• 2 battles

View PostDGShannon, on 08 July 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

Had not really thought about it, but that would be problematic. If you don't come up with a fix, consider a joystick such as the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. In addition to roll and pitch, you twist the stick elft and right for yaw, so it is all right there in your one hand, and becomes real natural after a while.

Yeah, I'm suspecting that a new stick might be my only option. I'm using an old Logitech Attack 3 (which I guess was the pedecessor to the Extreme 3D Pro) that doesn't have the twistable stick. The miser in me is just kicking myself that I held on to that Joystick for so many years (and moved it between so may houses) after X-Wing, just to find out it's not quite what I need. I guess a new stick would be a good investment if/when Star Citizen is ever released.

Only other way I could think to fix it would be some fancy keyboard that allowed for simulated accelration on button presses, but that would likely be a lot more complicated and costly than a new joystick.

Really hoping there is a in-game solution, or at least a free solution, before I need to shell out some cash for 1 feature in 1 game.