Flight Flightleader wingman

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Toggle #1 Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4246 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Currently in 0.5.0, when flight is created, the flight leader (player who created the flight) determines when the flight is ready to enter battle.  This is fine if one of your wing men want to opt out a battle but remain in the flight, the wing leader can enter battle minus one wing man.  However, if the flight leader needs to take a break, the wing men are stuck waiting for the flight leaders return.

The suggestion is to add the ability for the current flight leader to assign "Flight Leader" to another player in the flight so they can continue playing without having to wait for the flight leader to return.

G2Wolf #2 Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I'm surprised this isn't already a feature  :sad:

AdmiralKird #3 Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO
I'd like to see this worked out and coded in Tanks first - but it would be a nice feature. The current flight system is so buggy they should just get what we have working properly and fully, which hasn't since it was introduced over six months ago.

Jiri_Starrider said:
IMO you're hamstrung by WG's deep-rooted "I've got a secret" complex.

dmarsha9 #4 Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostAdmiralKird, on 08 July 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

I'd like to see this worked out and coded in Tanks first - but it would be a nice feature. The current flight system is so buggy they should just get what we have working properly and fully, which hasn't since it was introduced over six months ago.

It may be easier to code this for us first sense they are working on it anyhow. Just a thought. I do agree this is needed

JarethG #5 Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

Eclectic Dragon

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
Definitely a +1 in this!

Or, at the very least, the ability for the flight leader to send the two wingmen into battle without him having to go.  Of course, that involves changing the mechanic (that I suggested previously being changed) about whatever plane the flight leader is looking at as being his ready plane.

Member of DirtyDozen! www.dirtydozengaming.com/
Director of WoWp FRAG! ACE: F4U, Bf 110B, Bf 110E

Toggle #6 Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:18 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4246 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I prefer not to initiate a flight for this reason.  I like to take occasional breaks from battles.  Not to mention the coffee effect (or some other quality adult beverages).

hathore #7 Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:23 AM

Captain

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostAdmiralKird, on 08 July 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

I agree, and I agree - great idea.
Thanks for posting !

Also tagged with Flight, Flightleader, wingman

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users