Tone Down Smoke & Clouds

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

aekgamer #1 Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 37 battles
While we all know that the dev's are striving for realism and authenticity, could they PLEASE get rid of the copious amounts of smoke, haze and clouds that are on some maps?!?  The fluidity of these bog down graphics cards by a magnitude of 10 at least!  I have a 1GB Nvidia card that handles games like Far Cry 3, Crysis 2, etc., on higher settings with no worries, but the combination of being online combined with the smoke, clouds and haze will routinely drop my FPS down to the middle to low teens, rather than upwards of 35-40 on maps without the added effects.  

meth0d68 #2 Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6 battles
Seems fine to me, I have zero issues and I love flying thru clouds. Makes it a little tough when everyone is swooping thru to kill targets (not lag related but target identification). Then again it depends on what kind of pc power your pushing.

IamJMan999 #3 Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I think the clouds are a great touch, if you play a map with clouds and YOUR system can't handle it, then maybe you should turn your settings down a bit to maintain your fps. I have crashed a few times in the Asian map because I was chasing someone and got lost in the fog and what do u know a mountain pops up.. Ohh well i'm sure the fog will get someone else next time.

bacon

NathanFlightLeader #4 Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

Flying Kiwi

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
I love the clouds!! You can hide in them and then jump out at unsuspecting pilots  :trollface:
"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are: "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" And "Oh S...!"
"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight."
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users