• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

An_Average_Jho #1 Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

Helvetic Polyglot

• Alpha tester
  • 57 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD
This post has two purposes.

First and foremost, it's me trying my hand at making a Tech Tree for the French Air Force.

Second, this is an attempt at showing how to make suggestion for a Tech Tree addition/modification.

The initial French Tech Tree:

http://img7.imagesha...7/8750/vg1l.png

Please notice that the branches are set up by manufacturer or designer. If the manufacturer or designer changes within a branche, the change is 'logical' and keeps a natural progression.

The year of production or name progression should not have an impact as to where the vehicle is on the tech tree, though an effort for natural progression is always appreciated.

Refer to RL characteristics to place the vehicle where it would fit with the already released Tech Trees.

Please explain why you set up your tree the way you did.

For Example:

People might have noticed the Mirage III in the tier 10 position. The Mirage III is too advanced for WoWp, but the prototypes/pre-production models of this aircraft have characteristics that fit with other tier 10 aircrafts. The Mirage III name is only used because it is much cleaner than its prototype names.

Give examples as to how the vehicles would play compared to airplanes already released.

For Example:

Apart from the Arsenal-Delanne 10's curious design, the French Tech Tree has no biplanes. In the early tiers, that means a very real disadvantage in maneuverability. This disadvantage is offset by slightly speedier aircraft.

In the mid tiers, the French have some of choice. The speed of the Arsenal & Dewoitine series, or the maneuverability of the Maurane-Saulnier series. The armament of the French aircraft is light, as other nations have either more guns or better cannons. The French offset their disadvantage of light weaponry with all-round good stats.

At the late tiers, the French have only speed in mind. Most of the aircrafts only have twin 30mm cannons, though they do gain access to a small choice of light ordinance. The aircrafts are really fragile, and are not meant for duelling.

Overall, the French aircrafts completely rely on their pilot's skill rather than in the power of the mounted armament. The French's great sustained speed can get them out of trouble, but this should be balanced with lower-than-average boost time & power. The French aircrafts' speed can be thought as a fold to the Japanese aicrafts' maneuverability. Those nations would be polar opposites, creating some nice duels.

Everything tastes better if it tries to eat you before you eat it

I named my airplane Iosef because it kept on Stalin

"Quod natura non dat, Salmantica non præstat"

Aivris #2 Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles
Great work! I'm a big fn of the 'French Arsenal' (especially on World of Tanks) so I look forward to their tech tree release on World of Warplanes.

You've got some pretty interesting points about the French aircraft gameplay.

Jinxed_Katajainen #3 Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:47 AM

Feedback Airedale

• Alpha tester
  • 47 battles

View PostAn_Average_Jho, on 06 July 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

This post has two purposes.

First and foremost, it's me trying my hand at making a Tech Tree for the French Air Force.

Second, this is an attempt at showing how to make suggestion for a Tech Tree addition/modification.

Please notice that the branches are set up by manufacturer or designer. If the manufacturer or designer changes within a branche, the change is 'logical' and keeps a natural progression.

The year of production or name progression should not have an impact as to where the vehicle is on the tech tree, though an effort for natural progression is always appreciated.

Refer to RL characteristics to place the vehicle where it would fit with the already released Tech Trees.

Please explain why you set up your tree the way you did.

Give examples as to how the vehicles would play compared to airplanes already released

And as with any tech-tree suggestion thread.. keep an open mind because you usually will get a lot of feedback like so...

I always imagined the D.520 and MS.406 to be the middle ground around Tier V as it's usually compared to the Bf109E, LaGG-3, or P-40 in historical books.

Taking a Tier III that is already in-game, the Ar 80 which has a similar armament of one cannon and two MGs to the D.520, it is almost 100mph slower at 258mph vs 347mph (numbers taken from RL sources, not in-game), while the Bf109E is rated at 339mph and LaGG-3 at 357mph.

An_Average_Jho #4 Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:09 AM

Helvetic Polyglot

• Alpha tester
  • 57 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD

View PostJinxed_Katajainen, on 07 July 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

And as with any tech-tree suggestion thread.. keep an open mind because you usually will get a lot of feedback like so...

I always imagined the D.520 and MS.406 to be the middle ground around Tier V as it's usually compared to the Bf109E, LaGG-3, or P-40 in historical books.

Taking a Tier III that is already in-game, the Ar 80 which has a similar armament of one cannon and two MGs to the D.520, it is almost 100mph slower at 258mph vs 347mph (numbers taken from RL sources, not in-game), while the Bf109E is rated at 339mph and LaGG-3 at 357mph.

Oops! Guess I'm not good at making trees :P

I've read so much about the terrible engines the 520 and 406 had, I guess I tried to put them in a tier that made them more competitive, and completely overdid it. I also really wanted to fit in as many of the post-war jets I could, so that also contributed to everything being tiered too low.

Everything tastes better if it tries to eat you before you eat it

I named my airplane Iosef because it kept on Stalin

"Quod natura non dat, Salmantica non præstat"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users