Update Problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

RedeyeGunner #1 Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:06 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Anyone else having problems with the newest update? I am getting a critical error during the install process.

Alek59 #2 Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
i am having the same problem , i just got off WOT and tried to get on WOWP and critical error

MR_JAB #3 Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [R-C-H] R-C-H
Yea I also have the problem, it says that it tried to pop the render target when no render target was there

l1f3ender #4 Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:03 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
same having the same problem here?

Leadpiper #5 Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:28 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [REL-V] REL-V
Cant get in, states that renderer failed or somesuch and upgrade stoped, what gives?

Badger154 #6 Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Haven't been able to download patch and getting critical error.

Hopefully, issue is resolved soon as I had hoped to play a great deal over July 4th holiday.
Ach so-o-o-o-o!

RedeyeGunner #7 Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
The error message I get says to refer to the log file....but there is no log file to refer to.  I find only a "cleaner" file for the date of the error. Felt kind of dumb submitting a ticket with no log attached.

aidan01 #8 Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [555TH] 555TH
I'm getting it too.  Found the error log it created in the main WoWP directory.  WOWpLauncher.log  (Found it by looking for the most recent date modified file in the directory)  It didn't provide me with any usable information but it might mean something to the devs though.
Teach a man to make fire, he'll be warm for a day. Set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life

aidan01 #9 Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [555TH] 555TH
Just tried again and it downloaded the patch.  Maybe it was just a load issue??
Teach a man to make fire, he'll be warm for a day. Set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life

p789 #10 Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

Airman Basic

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
I had an installation from scratch failing after download. I tried again a few times, and I had the same error. It tells me to check the log, but the log folder is empty.
I uninstalled, and deleted all the game files, and now I'm downloading from scratch again.

tweety1972 #11 Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postaidan01, on 05 July 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

I'm getting it too.  Found the error log it created in the main WoWP directory.  WOWpLauncher.log  (Found it by looking for the most recent date modified file in the directory)  It didn't provide me with any usable information but it might mean something to the devs though.

View Postp789, on 05 July 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

I had an installation from scratch failing after download. I tried again a few times, and I had the same error. It tells me to check the log, but the log folder is empty.
I uninstalled, and deleted all the game files, and now I'm downloading from scratch again.

the launcher has its own error log, look for the above file.

also make sure your firewall allows the launcher, if that fails then submit a ticket with the launcher log (listed above) and a DxDiag.

RedeyeGunner #12 Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I just got a response from support and they suggest a manual patch with several files that I am to download. Can't do it until I get home tho as I am at work. Will post with results.

mysticgohan7 #13 Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
i am having the same problem
any solution ?

mysticgohan7 #14 Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
its fixed

Albiaz #15 Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
fixed my a$$ still won't update no matter what hoops i jump through

Jetdron #16 Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Try this: click on the wrench on the top right and disable "Allow torrents", it worked for me.

K8GTG #17 Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
I'm still having this critical error problem.  I also get it on WoT on my two other computers but on this computer it works fine.  WoW support had me run as administrator but that did nothing.  The allow torrents bock is checked....

RedeyeGunner #18 Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I tried the fix that tech support sent me and it didn't work either. The wait continues.....

Zargon00 #19 Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Open the folder where the game was installed.Search a file that is opened with Notepad (in WOWP is in "WoWpLauncher.log") when you open and runs until the end, which shows the Update is giving error usually appears:

# Data Error | Error | # file that is giving error

# Data Error | Fail

# Data Error | Fail.

Close Notepad, make a copy of it and send it to the desktop or the documents area.
Re-open the ticket and send it to support, in the form of download.Open your dxdiag, save the documents area again post your dxdiag when they respond, maybe they say is needed to diagnose the problem and send it to the repair crew, or will ask for more answers and files to solve the problem.
But if you prefer not to send to support.
Go to the folder where the game was installed, Open the folder "Update", only deletes the file that is giving error (What do should appear in Notepad.) Open the game and download only the update that is giving error ...

I do not speak your language but I tried to tetransla

Original:

Eles devem ter mandado o mesmo link que você baixou,tipo:para reinstalar .Faz o seguinte.
Abre a pasta onde o jogo foi instalado.Procure um arquivo que se abra com o bloco de notas(no WoWp esta em "WoWpLauncher",No WoT deve estar o mesmo),quando você abre e vai até o fim,mostra o Update que está dando erro, normalmente aparece:

#Data do erro | Error |   #arquivo que está dando erro

#Data do erro | Fail

#Data  do erro | Fail.

Fecha o bloco de notas,faz uma cópia dele e envie para a área de trabalho ou para a área  de documentos.
Re-abra o Bilhete e mande para o suporte, em forma de download.Abra seu dxdiag, Salve na área de documentos,novamente poste o seu dxdiag,quando eles responderem,talvez dirão que eles tem o necessário para diagnosticar o problema e enviar para a equipe de reparos,ou pedirão mais respostas e arquivos para resolver o problema.
Mas se preferir não enviar para o suporte.
Vai até a pasta onde o jogo foi instalado,Abra a pasta "Update",exclui somente o arquivo que esta dando erro(oque deve aparecer no bloco de notas).Abra o jogo e baixe somente o update que esta dando erro...

Original Address: http://forum.worldof...age__st__20#top

By: Zargon00

Edited by Zargon00, 14 July 2013 - 11:34 PM.

View PostAirpower, on , said:

The propeller is a fan that keeps the pilot cool. While for the pilot start sweating.

A hélice é um ventilador que mantém o piloto frio.Quando para, o piloto começa a suar.[/quote]

RedeyeGunner #20 Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:34 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Well, tech support says its my ISP, my ISP can't find anything wrong with my connection. Checked permissions, checked firewall and router settings. Sigh....looks like I am hanging up my wings. Even tried a fresh install. Used Pingplotter and was getting 100% packet loss. This is the only program I've had this problem with. My son plays World of Tanks on the same home network with no problems. Go figure.

Salute!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users