DrSinister's Mod Pak Installer v1.11.0 for Patch 1.9.11.0

DrSinister Mods Compilation

• Please log in to reply
1143 replies to this topic

Carnagge #21 Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:13 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
Ok, gotcha, will do that, much thanks Dr.!

PS:  got it installed and I am liking what I see!  You rock, Dr. Sinister.............!

Edited by Carnagge, 13 July 2013 - 01:31 AM.

Zapperguy #22 Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34316 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN
DrSinister,

Do you have any idea where in your compilation I can find the color code for the locked target arrow? I feel like it's a little too similar in color to people you are in flight with and I would like to change it.
Thanks again for the mod package. My win % jumped by 10% since I started using it!
:honoring:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

Sandman1969 #23 Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4515 battles
I agree with Zapperguy. When headed into a furball, I can no longer see it.

DrSinister #24 Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4871 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostZapperguy, on 23 July 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

DrSinister,

Do you have any idea where in your compilation I can find the color code for the locked target arrow? I feel like it's a little too similar in color to people you are in flight with and I would like to change it.
Thanks again for the mod package. My win % jumped by 10% since I started using it!

From the looks of it, it looks like its this one:

HUD_arrow_marker_alt.dds

Located in:

res_mods\gui\circleHUD

Zapperguy #25 Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34316 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN
Thanks man.
I changed the center of mine to cyan. Quite distinct from the reds, greens, & yellows of unlocked enemy, friendly, & flight members. Here's my edit if anyone running the compilation wants to try it. Back-up the original file before using mine in case you hate it.
I had to zip it as the forum wouldn't allow me to attach the dds directly.   Attached File   HUD_arrow_marker_alt.zip   3.82K
shot_092.jpg

Toggle #26 Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 24188 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostZapperguy, on 24 July 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

Thanks man.

I changed the center of mine to cyan. Quite distinct from the reds, greens, & yellows of unlocked enemy, friendly, & flight members. Here's my edit if anyone running the compilation wants to try it. Back-up the original file before using mine in case you hate it.

I had to zip it as the forum wouldn't allow me to attach the dds directly.
Nice Zapper.  That really made a difference.

pastuh #27 Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
I lold ;E
1st.. i wanna say secret.. im iternet in EU, and pastuh in RU server.. So i'm one and the same person.
And.. 2nd: you misspelled my nickname (like always :} )

Im using mini radar position changer (later edited) and timer :)
Thanks

DrSinister #28 Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:34 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4871 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postpastuh, on 27 July 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

I lold ;E
1st.. i wanna say secret.. im iternet in EU, and pastuh in RU server.. So i'm one and the same person.
And.. 2nd: you misspelled my nickname (like always :} )

Im using mini radar position changer (later edited) and timer :)
Thanks

LOL, yeah I realize this after I PMed you on the EU forums and you responded back with iternet.  Its the same thing for me, I am DrSinister on NA, CrzyAzn on EU and RU, because for some reason EU and RU would not let me use DrSinister, even though there is no players showing up on the players search for EU or RU.

sherwitt #29 Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 555 battles
OK. This is great. I've been playing with Mods in Wot.  First time I 've caught a glimpse of mods for WoWp.  So, since their is no res_mods.......I make one.....Right ? , and what about a folder with the WoWP present version #......do I need to make one of those also like in WoT,  or is a version # folder not necessary?.......... ,and the mods I'm downloading all start with a res_mods folder so when I install them I will be dropping them into my World of Warplanes root folder correct ?,........now.....,where does that "paths.xml  folder go ?........does it sit outside the version # folder, or does it get dumped into World of Warplanes root folder ?...... so. to recap...1.) Do I need a res_mods\ 0.5.0.1 folder, and  2.) does the path.xml folder go into the WoWp root folder ?...., and 3.) do I need to copy the gui folder from the res folder over to the res_mods folder ?.............Thanks for any help. I love using these mods or at least in WoT I do.  I am Really looking forward to trying them out here in WoWp.

DrSinister #30 Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4871 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postsherwitt, on 05 August 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

OK. This is great. I've been playing with Mods in Wot.  First time I 've caught a glimpse of mods for WoWp.  So, since their is no res_mods.......I make one.....Right ? , and what about a folder with the WoWP present version #......do I need to make one of those also like in WoT,  or is a version # folder not necessary?.......... ,and the mods I'm downloading all start with a res_mods folder so when I install them I will be dropping them into my World of Warplanes root folder correct ?,........now.....,where does that "paths.xml  folder go ?........does it sit outside the version # folder, or does it get dumped into World of Warplanes root folder ?...... so. to recap...1.) Do I need a res_mods\ 0.5.0.1 folder, and  2.) does the path.xml folder go into the WoWp root folder ?...., and 3.) do I need to copy the gui folder from the res folder over to the res_mods folder ?.............Thanks for any help. I love using these mods or at least in WoT I do.  I am Really looking forward to trying them out here in WoWp.

Yes, you need to have a Res_Mod folder, but no version number fodler.  Reason is that the Res_Mod folder itself is a mod too because currently the Client does not have a Res_mod folder like WoT, but will most likely be implemented at a later time.  A Russian modder had figured out how to activate the Res_mod folder.  

The paths.xml is in the Root folder also.  This is file is modded so that the WoWp client will recognize the Res_mod folder.  So you need to backup and then overwrite the default paths.xml that is in the root folder with the modded one.

Localization folder in the Res folder is needed for the Res_mod folder.  

My Compilation and the separated mods all have the Res_mod folder, the modded Paths.xml and the NA Localization folders.  So just unzip the files right into the root folder.

*NOTE* Some mods (i.e. Plane skins) will not work with the Res_mod folder, so those have to manually installed into the .pkg files.

sherwitt #31 Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 555 battles
Wow, this is great. Went rite in. nice mods. Wish I know how to make mods.

sherwitt #32 Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 555 battles
Oh, and thanks for the reply. I am presently becoming familiar with the games path and manipulating some files, but modding still eludes me. Any reference material or programs or tips you could offer would certainly go along way to my learning modding. I think I have a good eye for artistic and graphic appeal and would really like to try my hand at it. Thanks again for the reply.

sherwitt #33 Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 555 battles
Thanks man.

I had to zip it as the forum wouldn't allow me to attach the dds directly.
Attached Files
Attached File  HUD_arrow_marker_alt.zip   3.82K   20 download

Thanks

hawkeyededic #34 Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3517 battles

View PostDrSinister, on 06 August 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

Yes, you need to have a Res_Mod folder, but no version number fodler.  Reason is that the Res_Mod folder itself is a mod too because currently the Client does not have a Res_mod folder like WoT, but will most likely be implemented at a later time.  A Russian modder had figured out how to activate the Res_mod folder.  
The paths.xml is in the Root folder also.  This is file is modded so that the WoWp client will recognize the Res_mod folder.  So you need to backup and then overwrite the default paths.xml that is in the root folder with the modded one.
Localization folder in the Res folder is needed for the Res_mod folder.  
My Compilation and the separated mods all have the Res_mod folder, the modded Paths.xml and the NA Localization folders.  So just unzip the files right into the root folder.
*NOTE* Some mods (i.e. Plane skins) will not work with the Res_mod folder, so those have to manually installed into the .pkg files.
Deckape964 found out that skins do in fact work with the Res_mod folder. http://forum.worldof...078#entry268078 about half way down deckape964 shows how to make them work.

Edited by hawkeyededic, 06 August 2013 - 11:13 PM.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

DrSinister #35 Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:13 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4871 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Posthawkeyededic, on 06 August 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

Deckape964 found out that skins do in fact work with the Res_mod folder. http://forum.worldof...078#entry268078 about half way down deckape964 shows how to make them work.

Ahh that is cool.  Yep, that is what the problem was, had to folder it correctly, following what the .pkg files used was incorrect in the past.

hawkeyededic #36 Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:35 AM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3517 battles

View PostDrSinister, on 07 August 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

Ahh that is cool.  Yep, that is what the problem was, had to folder it correctly, following what the .pkg files used was incorrect in the past.
Makes things a lot easier for skinners as we don't have to repackage the file every time we make a change, can just work out of the res_mod folder.
I myself will; be reworking all my skins packages that I have uploaded to use this system as it's much much easier.

Edited by hawkeyededic, 07 August 2013 - 12:36 AM.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Zapperguy #37 Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34316 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN
I'm not a WoT modder; so, at some point when your compilation has been reformatted and you have time, perhaps you could make a tutorial for this easier system I'm clueless about. I'm also interested in skinning; so, any instruction in that regard would be appreciated as well. Thanks guys for staying on top of the EU & RU forums for the latest news & tweaks.

Edited by Zapperguy, 07 August 2013 - 11:31 AM.

hawkeyededic #38 Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3517 battles

View PostZapperguy, on 07 August 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

I'm not a WoT modder; so, at some point when your compilation has been reformatted and you have time, perhaps you could make a tutorial for this easier system I'm clueless about. I'm also interested in skinning; so, any instruction in that regard would be appreciated as well. Thanks guys for staying on top of the EU & RU forums for the latest news & tweaks.

A very good place to start for skinning would be THIS thread. as it is a very well written guide to getting started, it is where I started when I began skinning for WoWP.

DrSinister #39 Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4871 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Ok, hawk I do not get it, I folder the proper folders for the res_mod folder and it is modding the skins in game but I get this when using both your Shark Mouth P-40 and Snow P-39.
shot_002.jpg shot_003.jpg
I get the bare metal look.  When I tried skinning for bare metal, I could not get it to work for the life of me and said screw it and stopped skinning planes.  Now when I use your skins this is all I get the bare metal look.
EDIT - Nvm, I figured it out, I have to resave you dds files to a different dds format, I had the same issue with my crosshairs.  Now I have the correct skins, I just had to save it as a DXT1 ARGB 4 bpp 1 bit alpha.  If I use the default (which is probably how you saved yours via the guide) DXT1 RGB 4 bpp no alpha, I get issues in game displaying correctly.

Edited by DrSinister, 08 August 2013 - 01:13 AM.

hawkeyededic #40 Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:01 AM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3517 battles
Glad you figured it out cause I would have probably been clueless. I'm using Gimp for my repaints, which does not appear to allow me to specify the alpha, but I will play with it and see what I can find.

Also tagged with DrSinister, Mods, Compilation

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users