caeman #1 Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10 battles
Blimp
Airship
Aerostatic Vehicle
Dirigible

We need these as air targets in normal battles.  I want so much the satisfaction of bearing down on a dirigible and shoot it down.

Clan JTF-L is recruiting! We welcome veterans and new players alike that are committed to developing and executing good game-play skills, team work, and a competitive spirit.  The ability to use TeamSpeak is a must, as we value real-time voice for coordination and general chat during downtime.  We are also developing a junior division to allow the children of Clan members to join in the fun and competition.  A family that shoots tanks together, stays together.  If this is something you have been looking for, check us out.

Gregor_Vernof #2 Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
Actually over a HQ this would be quite realistic and reasonable.  Balloons with steel guide lines where used for defense.

messerschmitt262 #3 Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostGregor_Vernof, on 03 July 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

Actually over a HQ this would be quite realistic and reasonable.  Balloons with steel guide lines where used for defense.
but if you rammed your gone cause they where more like a bomb ballon than aircraft. plus this world of warPLANES not world of warBALLONS

Clucky #4 Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postmesserschmitt262, on 06 July 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

but if you rammed your gone cause they where more like a bomb ballon than aircraft. plus this world of warPLANES not world of warBALLONS
have you played the tutorial?

Vyacheslav #5 Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

(人^_^)。o.゚。*

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

View PostClucky, on 06 July 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

have you played the tutorial?

mhm, they are in the tutorial, however, they are not implemented into the battles atm.

He is not suggesting that we the players be in the balloons or control them, they are there as aerial targets just like we have AA, HQ, and Ships for the ground. Only difference is it would be in the air for a new and revolutionized game-play.

I agree with this suggestion +1 I hope the Developers take this into consideration. It would be an interesting addition and make for more unique game play.

Vyach

Heh #6 Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Having a couple over the HQ seems reasonable if they can stop bombs. This will make people think twice before high alt bombing and actually try low alt.
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

JarethG #7 Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

Eclectic Dragon

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles

View Postcaeman, on 03 July 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Blimp
Airship
Aerostatic Vehicle
Dirigible

We need these as air targets in normal battles.  I want so much the satisfaction of bearing down on a dirigible and shoot it down.

Absolutely, I could go with this.  It would also give newbies a couple more "air targets" to practice on.  Yes, they would be stationary, but some practice is better than no practice.

Member of DirtyDozen! www.dirtydozengaming.com/
Director of WoWp FRAG! ACE: F4U, Bf 110B, Bf 110E

caeman #8 Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10 battles
No, I am not suggesting that we have player-controlled balloons.  They would be static targets, something that can spot incoming planes and add some world war 1 and 2 era flair.  And count as a target kill, of course.

Clan JTF-L is recruiting! We welcome veterans and new players alike that are committed to developing and executing good game-play skills, team work, and a competitive spirit.  The ability to use TeamSpeak is a must, as we value real-time voice for coordination and general chat during downtime.  We are also developing a junior division to allow the children of Clan members to join in the fun and competition.  A family that shoots tanks together, stays together.  If this is something you have been looking for, check us out.

IamJMan999 #9 Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I would love to shoot some incendiary rounds at a blimp and have it blow up right as an enemy is flying near it and also take out the enemy as well.... Yes we need blimps. It's a fighters only chance to  "bomb" kill the other team. muu haa haaa haaa.

Bacon

FreeFOXMIKE #10 Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:17 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 3308 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

well some HQ as a few are on air bases and be a littl self defeating unless the on the outer perimeter way out

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

Heh #11 Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostFreeFOXMIKE, on 07 July 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

well some HQ as a few are on air bases and be a littl self defeating unless the on the outer perimeter way out

What about directly above the buildings but not obstructing the runway? Could be done.
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

Treveli #12 Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2 battles
I'd love to see barrage ballons over the bases and cities. Add a bit more challenge and danger for low level bombers and dog fights.

Also, on maps where appropriate, like Bay and Pacific, they could put in moving derigibles, like the Navy anti-sub patrol air ships.
Ignorance is its own death sentence.

Reality overrides theory. And intelligence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users