Practice/Stunt Map

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

caeman #1 Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10 battles
The old suggestion is gone, time to reiterate it.

The single most important skill a new pilot must develop in WoWP is their flight skills.  They need to get used to how WoWP flies a plane.  I am requesting a practice map that combines all manner of obstacles and features that would, from the rocky arch from Pacific to National Park's trench.  No bots.  It would provide a fun environment to work on maneuvering around terrain and practice fancy flight maneuvers.

To encourage new pilots to work on those piloting skills, maybe offer up a small token reward for spending so many minutes in there, as a thank you for taking your flying skills so serious.  Because, honestly, if you cannot fly your plane, you stand no chance to shooting anyone, no matter how good your guns are.

An extension of this would be follow-the-bot, fly through the floating rings and shoot the blimps.

Clan JTF-L is recruiting! We welcome veterans and new players alike that are committed to developing and executing good game-play skills, team work, and a competitive spirit.  The ability to use TeamSpeak is a must, as we value real-time voice for coordination and general chat during downtime.  We are also developing a junior division to allow the children of Clan members to join in the fun and competition.  A family that shoots tanks together, stays together.  If this is something you have been looking for, check us out.

Christojojo #2 Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 3 battles
  • [RTR] RTR
I would love straffing targets and bombing targets in the map too in difficult situations  so we can train on new planes and  flight styles too.

OpenEmUp #3 Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [ORBRS] ORBRS
Yea this repost is a good one i support this idea.
Also to addon
Have ground targets and each strafe you do it shows you the %Hit and Damage (popup after last point of damage)
Have the hovering invisible loops and have little side missions. Maybe have one for tight turns, descending helixes or flying scissors.
Just to show us some flight maneuvers have missions maybe with a bot thats pre determined flight path and have those hovering circles to fly through to show you basic maneuvers
I can keep going on and on and on about stunt/training map

Red Barons First 2 kills were with a shotgun from the gunner seat, Get at Him Bro

Gregor_Vernof #4 Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
Great idea here.

JarethG #5 Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

Eclectic Dragon

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
As I did in the old one, (before it was removed by the revamp of the forums) I completely agree with this.  Teaching how to shoot stationary targets is ok, but there needs to be more, including flight control lessons.

Member of DirtyDozen! www.dirtydozengaming.com/
Director of WoWp FRAG! ACE: F4U, Bf 110B, Bf 110E

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users