Ram Memory Restarts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

DoubleJR #1 Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:07 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
Not sure if anyone else has noticed. My computer isn't the most up to date.
Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.61GHz
2.0 Gigs of Ram (DDR)
Nvidia Gforce 9600 GT (OC) 512MB
xp pro 32bit
Now first and foremost I believe after playing a few hours, about 2-4hours. My memory becomes completely expended while playing on low settings. So long story short is that I had to restart one time because I noticed it a little. Second time had my computer restart on its own right after hitting return to garage after crashing. I believe this is mainly a ram problem on my end. So expect some problems if you are on the low end I guess is what I'm saying.
All in all I think the game runs pretty well so far. Maybe some kind of warning though like I've seen on World of Tanks once that I encountered.
EDIT/UPDATE!: Problem seems to be fixed now. Yes I'm still using windows xp and think it was something to do with the game! My video card was not heating for sure! It was game-side in my opinion. After the lates patch my computer now doesn't restart! The problem usually occurred when hitting garage after playing a game after I've played 5-12 or more games. I do play the game on lowest settings possible and know my computer's processor is quite old as well and think it was still more of a 32bit system/ram issue with the game since I have'nt had it happen since the latest patch.

Edited by DoubleJR, 16 August 2013 - 09:05 AM.

DoubleJR #2 Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
So pretty much this is confirmed now have had it happen again. When memory is low enough the computer will restart once I exit a battle trying to go back to garage. This time it happenned almost about after 1.5-2hours playing. So my 2gbs of ram doesn't last very long.

BitterClinger #3 Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I think 2GB of RAM is too low for most AAA game titles that have come out the last few years. Heck, a lot of new games want 2GB of RAM just on the video card! If there is anyway you can increase the amount of memory to 4GB, I would recommend doing that.

Bogie_with_Stu #4 Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [K_O_S] K_O_S
I had this problem and didnt get rid of it until I upgraded to a 64 bit system.

There is a nasty memory drain that the devs have yet to fix...and since win 7 32 can only use 2,8 or so gigs total, it doesnt leave much for the game.

BitterClinger #5 Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
For the record, all Microsoft 32-bit Operating Systems can address a maximum of 4 GB of memory, including Windows XP (Home, Pro), Windows 7 (all except Starter Ed.), and Windows 8. You have to use a 64 bit version of Microsoft Windows in order to address more than 4 GB of RAM.

NoRest4Wicked #6 Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

View PostDoubleJR, on 03 July 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

So pretty much this is confirmed now have had it happen again. When memory is low enough the computer will restart once I exit a battle trying to go back to garage. This time it happenned almost about after 1.5-2hours playing. So my 2gbs of ram doesn't last very long.
If your computer is restarting on its own, are you sure it's not a problem of overheating?  Are you using an Acer desktop?  Your setup is very similar to what mine was when I first bought it.  I know that if an AMD/ATi video card overheats, it shuts the computer down without warning.  The CPU overheating also shuts down the machine but may also restart it.  I'm not sure what will happen when the memory overheats.  I would suggest opening your computer up and cleaning any accumulated dust out.  Unscrew the CPU fan and clean out the heatsink because the gaps in between the fins on the heatsink collect a LOT of dust and it can become impacted with what looks like dryer lint.  If this is the case, carefully use a small knife to pull the 'dryer lint' out of the heatsink.  You will probably notice a big difference in performance if this is the problem.  I could be way off on what is causing your issues, so just take this as a friendly suggestion, please.

X32Wright #7 Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
See if this solves your problem:

http://www.techpower...ad.php?t=112556

If not your computer specially your vdieo card is overheating.

Also tagged with Ram, Memory, Restarts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users