Jump to content


Maps Discussion Area


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

LyssaG #21 Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

    Eclectic Dragon

  • Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • 3,155
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postbearrick, on 06 July 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

I wish.
every GT other than the HQ is worth only 1
and the HQ is worth 3.
And since every plane kill adds 1 to superiority as well, that's why you can end up with 29+ vs 17 superiority meters in even the lower tier maps.

I need to stress that the target difference is only theoretical.  With 20+ targets on either side, it's very rare to ever see them all destroyed.
True, I don't think I have been in a single match where all GT's where destroyed.  Each side carries a finite amount of bombs.  We don't carry a finite amount of bullets, but hopefully, someone is not letting a TSh-1 float around killing 25 GT's a match.

Member of DirtyDozen! www.dirtydozengaming.com/
Director of WoWp FRAG! ACE: F4U, Bf 110B, Bf 110E

bearrick #22 Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

    Community Helper

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 2,100
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View PostJarethG, on 06 July 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

True, I don't think I have been in a single match where all GT's where destroyed.  Each side carries a finite amount of bombs.  We don't carry a finite amount of bullets, but hopefully, someone is not letting a TSh-1 float around killing 25 GT's a match.

1 person doesn't have to do everything though.
A GA shooting up targets here, a CF dropping light bombs there, a heavy fighter who thinks they're a heavy bomber, it all adds up.  But the only times I've ever seen a map cleared completely by either side are in Harbor and Halluf where there isn't a number difference.  I saw a few occasional instances in Lighthouse, but that was typically because an IL-40 was moving around unchecked and again that map doesn't have a major difference.

The only thing I see preventing it from happening in the maps that do is that they have such a large number of targets anyway that there's never enough time to destroy them all.
But then again, I have yet to be in a 15 v 15 match in Plateau or Asian Border.

401shield.png 401st Bomb Group STICKER US ARMY AIR CORPS 615th Bomb Squadron.jpg 615th Bombardment Squadron


"What kind of a war is this?" - 2nd Lt. Ken Powell



Ground Assault Specialist and TSh-3 master


LyssaG #23 Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

    Eclectic Dragon

  • Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • 3,155
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postbearrick, on 06 July 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

1 person doesn't have to do everything though.
A GA shooting up targets here, a CF dropping light bombs there, a heavy fighter who thinks they're a heavy bomber, it all adds up.  But the only times I've ever seen a map cleared completely by either side are in Harbor and Halluf where there isn't a number difference.  I saw a few occasional instances in Lighthouse, but that was typically because an IL-40 was moving around unchecked and again that map doesn't have a major difference.

The only thing I see preventing it from happening in the maps that do is that they have such a large number of targets anyway that there's never enough time to destroy them all.
But then again, I have yet to be in a 15 v 15 match in Plateau or Asian Border.
Sorry, I was trying to exaggerate.

Member of DirtyDozen! www.dirtydozengaming.com/
Director of WoWp FRAG! ACE: F4U, Bf 110B, Bf 110E

Stieger #24 Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 224
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
All Maps should be available for Rotation for all Tiers!

CaptainNogare #25 Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 119
  • [UCAS] UCAS
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012

View PostStieger, on 17 July 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

All Maps should be available for Rotation for all Tiers!

As long as the sizes change on the tiers. Can you imagine in WoT where Tier X's are playing on Province? Spotted from the very beginning of the game!
Proof of Ace: I-16 Early, I-16 Late, ME-109 C, ME-109 G, P-36, P-40, P-51 Early, P-51 Late, A6M2, Lagg-3


G2Wolf #26 Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 179
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCaptainNogare, on 28 July 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

As long as the sizes change on the tiers. Can you imagine in WoT where Tier X's are playing on Province? Spotted from the very beginning of the game!
I wonder how hard it would be for them to implement this, where maps can be used but change sizes depending on tier. Battlefield2 had this nearly a decade ago, where maps would shrink down or expand based on whether it was the 16man, 32man, or 64man variant of the map.
Actually, looking at BF2 maps in general might be a good place to get some ideas for future maps :wink:

JDMFreakz #27 Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 106 battles
  • 1,654
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostStieger, on 17 July 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

All Maps should be available for Rotation for all Tiers!

agreed! but balance the AA first, please.

 


Gusanpe #28 Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    07-22-2013
i thinks the maps it´s very cool, i really like the last upgrade the ground targets. But must expand the possibilities of play in more maps. some times i play 3 times in the same map. Also should add differents mod, for example in World of Tanks. in this game have 2 possibility of mod, cap the flag or cap the enemy flag.

SgtRooster #29 Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
There is a problem on the Harbor map  at the end of the runway, or beginning depending on how you look at it  base top of harbor. The tree prims are much taller than their actual textures., like 10m taller. This has caused damage to me more than a few times.  The textures need to be moved up on the prims and the prims need to either be sunk more into the terrain or  reduces in size.  Harbor Map.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users