Tokens

Tokens

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you feel about the Gold to token exchane, was it a fair amount? (0 members have cast votes)

Was it fair?

1. Yes i think it was (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Some what even (0 votes [0.00%])

3. No, i thought they would of given us more (0 votes [0.00%])

4. I have other idea's (comment below) (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Hide poll

king_turk #1 Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
So I only got 1002 Tokens ..... now I am a bit disappointing some what due to me having over 9k gold and over 500,000 total Experience and just under 1k battles... now why I'm disappointing is the tokens are the same exchange rate as Gold was.... I know there was quite a bit of people with over 35k in gold and i doubt they got much more but why so little amount in tokens? Then again i do understand that the gold was of course free in close beta but they could of given us a bit more in tokens to get back to the tier we was actually at?
I was hoping to get back to tier 8 or at least 7 but 1k tokens ain't gonna get me no where near tier 7
How do you guys feel about this?

Proud Member of LIGS join us in Mumble- fprq.murmur.nfoservers.com port 6010

TaoGeo #2 Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 39 battles

View Postking_turk, on 02 July 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

So I only got 1002 Tokens ..... now I am a bit disappointing some what due to me having over 9k gold and over 500,000 total Experience and just under 1k battles... now why I'm disappointing is the tokens are the same exchange rate as Gold was.... I know there was quite a bit of people with over 35k in gold and i doubt they got much more but why so little amount in tokens? Then again i do understand that the gold was of course free in close beta but they could of given us a bit more in tokens to get back to the tier we was actually at?
I was hoping to get back to tier 8 or at least 7 but 1k tokens ain't gonna get me no where near tier 7
How do you guys feel about this?

i feel very bad.

i has near 10 k gold and good xp and got 870 token.

i dont get any gift.

so that was  big, big lie.

i think maybe  i will out from game.

SourKraut13 #3 Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 208 battles
By reading the news, they never said anything about converting your gold to anything. All they converted to tokens was your overall XP earned. I played 808 games earning 768,709 XP overall and received 1439 in tokens.
Garage: German: Fw 190v, Me 209v

undeadbeast37 #4 Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
where is my special plane gift i dont see it..
wow ya guys kidding me bout the low tokens really thats wrong I lost lot of my high tiers planes but is it me or they pay for the prem as well as the tokens cause my prem is lit up

JarethG #5 Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

Eclectic Dragon

• Community Ace
  • 234 battles
Yeah, definitely light on the tokens.  If we were supposed to get enough to cover our gold, and XP, then the exchange rate was horrible.

Member of DirtyDozen! www.dirtydozengaming.com/
Director of WoWp FRAG! ACE: F4U, Bf 110B, Bf 110E

LCQ #6 Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 125 battles
It's not the time I spent playing that makes me feel like I deserve more. Because I enjoy the game. It's the time away from my clan on WoT's that gave me the grief.

GOOFY #7 Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Well I think it was a waste of time for the E3 event.  The 5000 gold is now 491 tokens and we will never see it again once it is realised.   Plus I don't understand this stage stuff between the stages whats the point of playing it now.   I have to start all over again then it will be all wiped again.   Well I'm going to play something different.   Later

Lou #8 Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:03 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3224 battles

View PostGOOFY, on 03 July 2013 - 01:31 AM, said:

Well I think it was a waste of time for the E3 event.  The 5000 gold is now 491 tokens and we will never see it again once it is realised.   Plus I don't understand this stage stuff between the stages whats the point of playing it now.   I have to start all over again then it will be all wiped again.   Well I'm going to play something different.   Later
but there is permanent gold for wot.

View Postundeadbeast37, on 02 July 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

where is my special plane gift i dont see it..
wow ya guys kidding me bout the low tokens really thats wrong I lost lot of my high tiers planes but is it me or they pay for the prem as well as the tokens cause my prem is lit up
As multiple announcements and posts from WG staff has stated, You get the free plane, or planes, if you qualify, and at release of the game. NOT the start of open beta.
cmon, be a beta TESTER... this means reading and understanding the forums, not just playing this game for free stuff.
smh

Lou #9 Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:06 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3224 battles
Here....
http://worldofwarpla...hing-open-beta/

Koan #10 Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:19 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 31 battles
Hello,

I wasn't able to vote in your poll.  Is special access needed to vote?

I think this was a very unfair exchange rate.

We busted our collective asses off to make them look good at E3 and they were very unclear about what would happen to our gold.  I would have used it in closed beta if I had known we wouldn't get to keep it.

I trusted their rep much to my regret now. Here is a quote from hathore:

Thread:

http://forum.worldof...ank-you-wg/#top

Thank You WG

hathore

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:04 AM
Community Department
Administrator
795 battles
Hey guys! Glad to hear you are getting the gold so quickly!
Any gold remaining on WoWP when we go to Open Beta will be converted to tokens, so you will not lose it this time around!

So now I also fear she was not telling the complete truth about the reward planes we are supposed to get for 700 battles.  She said anyone who did 700 battles would get ALL 3 GIFT PLANES AND ALL REWARDS.

Here is the quote from hathore:

Thread:

700 battles for special gift question

Started by Linning, Jun 07 2013 03:17 AM

hathore

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:03 PM
Community Department
Administrator
795 battles
Answer is any tester with 700 battles by the time the game is released live to the public will receive all rewards.
This goes the same for all other levels of the rewards.

I have included the name of the thread, who started it and hathore's response,  feel free to search for the threads and check for yourself.

So did the BRASS LIE to hathore or does hathore just post to make us have a temporary feel good only to get slapped in the face later when nothing can be done about it!!!

I, as well as many others could have converted gold to experience and maybe gotten a better exchange rate.

I also could have bought full experience for pilots to get in more and different testing of features.

We asked questions with plenty of time for WG to give proper and completely clear answers.

They seem to have LIED  to us to put it bluntly.

Them saying they made it clear with less than 24 hours before server wipe doesn't quite sit well, when they misled us prior to the last 24 hours.

That is all for now, I would say Happy Flights  but it will take awhile to get the Happy back.

Edited by Koan, 03 July 2013 - 03:52 AM.

Cyberin #11 Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 90 battles
yes, the convert gold to tokens

Hey guys! Glad to hear you are getting the gold so quickly!
Any gold remaining on WoWP when we go to Open Beta will be converted to tokens, so you will not lose it this time around!

is just a bold face LIE! got tokens for xp but none for the gold!

_xTerrorx_ #12 Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
Considering we are ALL doing this to HELP WG test the game & work the bugs out so it is a polished product come release, it amazes me at the hundreds upon hundreds of whiners complaining. You should just be greatful you were even allowed to BE in the beta testing at all. WG technically owes us nothing, the exchange of exp & gold to tokens was a simple gesture for those of us who were in CBT. Yet, I have not seen 1 single person so far thanking WG, just bitching & whining about being wiped, not getting more tokens, etc. So you worked your ass off & played 1k games, & got very little for it atm, so goes the life of a beta tester. The rewards will come when release is here. So many damn whiners now days. Whether you played 100 games or 1k games, had 100 gold or 30k gold, try being greatful you were even allowed to play in the beta period. They could do like most companies do & keep testing in house, then you wouldn't see the game at all until release.

Anyway. Thanks WG for giving us the opportunity to beta test for you. Some of us are actually greatful for it.

pieman222 #13 Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 429 battles
that is is so BS there should be a high extrange rate

Peaceeeeeee #14 Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 69 battles
10K gold erased, no tokens for that.
well that really sucked WG

Peaceeeeeee #15 Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 69 battles

View Post_xTerrorx_, on 03 July 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

Considering we are ALL doing this to HELP WG test the game & work the bugs out so it is a polished product come release, it amazes me at the hundreds upon hundreds of whiners complaining. You should just be greatful you were even allowed to BE in the beta testing at all. WG technically owes us nothing, the exchange of exp & gold to tokens was a simple gesture for those of us who were in CBT. Yet, I have not seen 1 single person so far thanking WG, just bitching & whining about being wiped, not getting more tokens, etc. So you worked your ass off & played 1k games, & got very little for it atm, so goes the life of a beta tester. The rewards will come when release is here. So many damn whiners now days. Whether you played 100 games or 1k games, had 100 gold or 30k gold, try being greatful you were even allowed to play in the beta period. They could do like most companies do & keep testing in house, then you wouldn't see the game at all until release.

Anyway. Thanks WG for giving us the opportunity to beta test for you. Some of us are actually greatful for it.

sry, but you dont even know what a beta test is then. Go check what beta test stands for. Alpha test is in-house.
Noone said that he was forced to be a beta tester but there are rules and conditions for everything that should apply  both ways.

Edited by Peaceeeeeee, 03 July 2013 - 10:58 AM.

Michael_Koenigs #16 Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 877 battles
I like the game but am disappointed by the exchange rate and the fact that our 5k gold for E3 was not held for the game release now that I see what happened to it at the launch of open. I will have fun flying some of my old favorites and definitely know what planes to ignore as I climb back up the tree . I will continue to play because it is a good game but I never understand companies being cheap with stuff that does not cost them anything anyway.  :great:

SturmCranz #17 Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 19 battles
Just to share how disappointed I am with the Open Beta release. Was anxiously waiting for that day primarily due to promised give away of premium planes and (yes I did my 400 battles). But once I looked in my hangar today no planes, no tokens ( well... almost).  Doubt, I will continue playing the game anytime soon after being treated like that.  Just depressing...

thienphong2704 #18 Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Why i got tokens for some victory, but most of time i don't get anything ?

rossi #19 Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:55 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postthienphong2704, on 03 July 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

Why i got tokens for some victory, but most of time i don't get anything ?

You get tokens for the first couple of victoires everyday.

I got just over 900, more then i though i would compared to other people never got any high tiers ony 5, but work evenly across all, so most have racked up the total exp.

enough/almost enough for a tier V Gold plane. 1 credit maker is enough out of the gate I suppose

caeman #20 Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 697 battles

View PostMichael_Koenigs, on 03 July 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

I like the game but am disappointed by the exchange rate and the fact that our 5k gold for E3 was not held for the game release...

But...it was.  Upon game release, the accounts for WoT and WoWP will be unified in so much as the premium membership and any gold purchased.  You received 5,000 gold in your WoT account.  By extension, when WoWP is released for reals, that 5,000 gold will be usable in WoWP.

#Biplanes-Or-Nothing

#Remove-Jets-From-Game