World of Warplanes Soars into Open Beta

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

Kanzler_Bismarck #61 Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
So, I am guess you still cannot DL this? As I see no link for DLing this on the WoWP home screen... Just a link to pre-order.

JOHaN117 #62 Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
after 7 battles game crashes and this:

---------------------------
Critical Error Occurred
Out of memory
Exception (EXCEPTION_CPP : 0xE06D7363 @ 0x75D887D5) received
Please send the logs/130709_134332.dmp and the last log to developers.
You can press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
Aceptar  

Sierra1968 #63 Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:26 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 350 battles
  • [D-INC] D-INC

View Postjosh33317, on 02 July 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

I am very disappointed I had over 3000 in gold and over 2 mil in credits and 7 airplanes with the lowest tier being a 5 and up to tier 8 and all I got is 1100 tokens this is ridiculous I have devoted a lot of time to this game and I feel like it was all for nothing talk about a smack in the face
Welcome to the world of closed/open beta testing.  I've been through so many hard wipes on various games I've beta tested, it's a wonder I can sit!

Zwajo #64 Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 29 battles
  • [MG] MG
Anyone who thought they got to keep everything earned in closed beta obviously didn't bother to read anything they clicked I accept too.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. ~ Mark Twain
thanks to _Laserguided_ for the amazing sig!

Fluffy_Kittens #65 Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:17 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
this game is so far from the beta stage.
at teh beta stage, you need some fundamental key components to actually work.
like controling the airplane, camera interface, etc.
and now the client is unstable,
it looks like WG is trying to ruch it to market so they can get some suckers to pay real money before it tanks.

in a world where tweets can make or break your game, why would they try to put it into beta when 85% of the people who try this game out tell everyone how bad it is, and how broken it is? i just dont get it??
peer to peer referal is absoutly nasty ATM.
but perhaps that is why, WG has money to burn, so now they can plug it with a few million in advertizing budget, take out full pafe ads in Flight International, etc, and that way the brand will seem to have some sort of credability......
untill someone acutally plays the game....

Fluffy_Kittens #66 Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
i'm going to start a pool, on when upper management gets cleaned out and a new bunch of ppl get hired to try to fix this broken game
i'm predicting sept 22, the hammer falls.

Dunkelschatten #67 Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11 battles
Still trolling I see Fluffy.

I have really been enjoying the last few weeks of WoWP. Made the switch from joystick to mouse with Open Beta and it has really made a difference for me. Love the decrease in queue times from the boost in player numbers too.

Sword_Fish #68 Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
  • [1HCAV] 1HCAV
Hey Mugsy, PLEASE have collision fixed!!!!....it is COMPLETELY unrealistic to have two aircraft flying at over 200mph at each other, have those same 2 aircraft hit each other in mid air and have one of the aircraft survive the encounter. There is PLENTY of WW2 dogfighting footage to support this request....

Sword_Fish #69 Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
  • [1HCAV] 1HCAV
Also a question, is there a set date for release?

DGShannon #70 Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 330 battles
  • [NAPG] NAPG

View PostDunkelschatten, on 16 July 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

Still trolling I see Fluffy.

Made the switch from joystick to mouse with Open Beta and it has really made a difference for me.
Tell us more. I have pondered changing. See merits to both, but accurate aiming at a moving target is not one of the joysticks strong points. The few times I have tried a mouse make me believe that there is an advantage in at least that aspect.

Coltaine47 #71 Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
This is a very amazing game i haven't played it since closed beta and this has the potential to put War thunder in the dust but one thing that everyone has been nagging about and i still don't see it is the UK tech tree. thank you WG for the gold and the sweet extras and look forward to playing this game more often

Coltaine47 #72 Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostIron_Tsunami, on 02 July 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa... so let me see if I understand this correctly; if you participate in open beta for wowp you get free premium account for your wowp account AND wot???  :ohmy:

No if you can read it says on release

Dunkelschatten #73 Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11 battles

View PostDGShannon, on 17 July 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

Tell us more. I have pondered changing. See merits to both, but accurate aiming at a moving target is not one of the joysticks strong points. The few times I have tried a mouse make me believe that there is an advantage in at least that aspect.
Sorry for long delay, just checked forum for first time since last post.
I just find it easier to get the aircraft to maneuver where I want it to. A big advantage for me is being able to keep the target in view while my plane maneuvers into position. This allows me to adjust my flight direction more quickly to changes my targets make. Also helps when flying defensively but at times I do plant myself into the terrain but its not too often.
The biggest issue using a mouse so far has been my aircraft not rolling into to the most efficient position to maintain pursuit when tailing a target. To correct this I added the roll keys to A & D so I could manually adjust when needed. I also don't use automatic flaps or the bank angle limit at low altitude.
I find shooting to be the biggest improvement over a stick. For me, I can keep the aiming circle on target and am much better at hitting targets compared to using a stick. So much more so that I have 12 Aces in about 225 battles in OB where I had maybe 1 in 375 battles using a stick in CB.
Not saying a mouse is better for everyone but it certainly is for me. A stick still offers the best overall control for maneuvering but you need the skill and awareness to utilize it. A mouse beats the stick in overall control for aiming and shooting.
Wait! I changed my mind. Sticks are the best control method overall, you should all buy sticks ;-)

Muppet_Clubber #74 Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
I have a question on the unified account system, maybe I need to start a topic - not sure so I'll pop it here for now.

If we have a SEA server account on WoT and an NA WOWP account but with different emails, when we move to a unified system can the accounts be joined? or should I restart my WOWP account with my WoT email now before I progress too far or buy pre-order bundles in WOWP?

Any help from a mod or Wargaming staff appreciated.

WOWP: Muppet_Clubber
WoT: SelksSeaWolf (old NA transfer SelksTheWolf)
WOWP: Muppet_Clubber :trollface:
WoT: SelksSeaWolf:glasses:

Twinki #75 Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1 battle
  • [SFRJ] SFRJ
Glad to see that player base increased since Open Beta was released.

Muppet_Clubber #76 Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:41 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

View PostTwinki, on 08 August 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

Glad to see that player base increased since Open Beta was released.

yep - a few of us have signed up - my mate just bought the $100 bundle but I wont until I see answer to how unified accounts will work, I want to know if we will be able to server hop, merge accounts (not wipe over one but join WOWP and WoT together with a different email accounts as I use separate ones for planes and tanks).

On WoT we are 1AR - I hope to convince the clan to appear in WOWP as well but at the moment it's hard to tell if we will form up on just one platform or across multiple. Actually that reminds me - can we get more info on clans and clan wars for WOWP - can we be in a unified clan if we have unified accounts?

Of course any help is appreciated. The more we know and understand the more likely we are to play across platforms and spend money on WG products.
WOWP: Muppet_Clubber :trollface:
WoT: SelksSeaWolf:glasses:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users