5-year-plan

patch bugs open beta

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

SubSonar_7191 #1 Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:26 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
Does anyone that's been online over the last two days actually believe that this game is ready for open beta?

Patch 4.3.3 is horrible compared to the 4.3.2 patch.  Flight Battles that don't work, planes that get locked "in battle", modules that cannot be researched or purchased, paint schemes that don't appear until you log out and log back in.  Those are just some of the more aggravating issues with this patch.  And frankly, if I were a new player checking the game out for the first time, I would not stay past the first couple of days and as soon as the NDA was lifted I would be blasting the game as unplayable.  And in this business, bad word of mouth is a killer.

A typical Russian 5-year-plan that set the Soviet Union back every time.  Not really looking forward to July 2.

Oh, and I'm sure glad they toned down the Bf-109Z.  Now they have to hit me 3 times instead of just once or twice.  Big difference.....NOT!!

BitterClinger #2 Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostHogman50, on 30 June 2013 - 03:26 AM, said:

And frankly, if I were a new player checking the game out for the first time, I would not stay past the first couple of days and as soon as the NDA was lifted I would be blasting the game as unplayable.  And in this business, bad word of mouth is a killer.

I know just the kind of Tool you're talking about. The type of person that applies to "test" a game, doesn't bother to report any bugs through official channels, then puts a lot of effort into maligning the game on various gaming forums. Fortunately, I don't think we have any (or at least many) of those twits playing the game now. The NDA has been lifted for almost three months now, but aside from a few WT fanbois; I haven't seen many negative posts about WoWP.

djwhodat #3 Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Community Ace
  • 5 battles
  • [SF-G] SF-G
The game is totally playable, yes it does still have some bugs.  If restarting the game or Disconnecting and re connecting is to much brain work for you quit.  Where as a tester would submit ticket and keep moving.  You have 837 games I have more exception errors than u have games it's beta for gods sake it's not supposed to work right if it did it would not be beta plus the game is free for gods sake.

shot_108.jpg

_xTerrorx_ #4 Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [SG] SG
Personally I have had absolutely zero issues with patch 4.3.3. So don't know what to tell ya.

cabbage72 #5 Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
The game is soo much better then when I first logged into Beta.  Yes, it still have a few kinks in it and after a stretch, am sure the powers to be, will have worked them out over time.  Great Game, Can not wait to see the finished product. :unsure:

SubSonar_7191 #6 Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
Okay, so those of you who responded are completely missing the point.

4.3.3 is a step backward.  4.3.2 was very stable and had none of the problems that I noted in my original post.

Flame me all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that when open-beta hits, all those new players, people who have not experienced the game when it plays well, will go away with a very negative view of the game.

Disconnecting and logging back in to clear a problem?  If you have to do it often enough then people will simply stop logging back in.

I've been in enough betas to know that a negative "first impression" is very hard to overcome and it will turn away a lot of potential customers.

Oh, and if you think that this is a "free" game then you obviously don't understand the "free-to-play" business model.

Bogie_with_Stu #7 Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [K_O_S] K_O_S

View PostHogman50, on 30 June 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

4.3.3 is a step backward.  4.3.2 was very stable and had none of the problems that I noted in my original post.

Flame me all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that when open-beta hits, all those new players, people who have not experienced the game when it plays well, will go away with a very negative view of the game.

Disconnecting and logging back in to clear a problem?  If you have to do it often enough then people will simply stop logging back in.

I've been in enough betas to know that a negative "first impression" is very hard to overcome and it will turn away a lot of potential customers.

Oh, and if you think that this is a "free" game then you obviously don't understand the "free-to-play" business model.

IT    is    still    in    beta    testing!
I dont think that we are the ones who are having trouble understanding.

The issues you mentioned are minor, and can be fixed with a single small patch. As for your rhetorical "I know so much more than you about the free-to-play business model"...what does that have to do with your OP?
You are just one of those guys that posts a negative review and determines that the game will be a complete failure every time a patch doesnt suit you.

I dont see one single suggestion or idea for change in your posts. "roll it back to the last patch" is not an idea btw.

ccruler #8 Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 17 battles
  • [BOND2] BOND2

View PostHogman50, on 30 June 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

It's in beta testing, and will still be come July 2nd, that's one thing you're needing to understand and what most people do understand. Closed Beta Testing and Open Beta Testing is still Beta Testing. It's not the finished product. Open Beta will be much the same as Closed Beta except that with a larger amount of players it will also do more to test server loads. But aside from that, it will remain the same, attempting to squash bugs prior to Release.

Also tagged with patch, bugs, open beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users